Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Darien Lake 7-28-07 »

The World of Goo Boards
   Off Topic Board
   Archived Concert Review and Fan Pictures Forum
(Moderators: Shannon, MFC, Adela)
   Darien Lake 7-28-07
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  4 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Darien Lake 7-28-07  (Read 7747 times)
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

Darien Lake 7-28-07
« on: Jul 29th, 2007, 1:15am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Just got home.  You know, 40 minutes to the venue, and 2 and a half hours to get out and home.  That's just how we roll in WNY.

Anyways... it was a great show.  I had tried to be as clueless about the setlist as possible, so I was very very pleased to hear All Eyes On Me, Cuz You're Gone, SLAVE GIRL... No Naked... Sorry, Drew.

I audio recorded the show, so if it comes out okay, I'll post it.  I also videotaped a little bit.  Notable moments started right off the bat.  The Slide guitar (second song)wasn't working, so John smashed it and told us he was skipping the song (he didn't, he got a new guitar).  There were guitar remnants on the stage for about half the show.  We got an extended version of the Before It's Too Late story.  Lucky Star was dedicated to Mark Freeland (local musician who just passed away).  Acoustic #3 went off with absolutely no mistakes.  John gave a really cool intro to Name that I've never heard before and hopefully my recording comes out clear.  He also smoked a cigarette during the encore, I believe, which I haven't heard about at other shows (this isn't asking for a cigarette discussion, I just haven't seen him do that in a long time).  Aside from guitar smashing, nothing too spontaneous.  No signs from the audience.  We didn't get the big black balloons, but holy crap, there were a LOT of balloons.

Weirdest moment was that Robby gave a shout out to the Inner Machine.  As far as I know, this hasn't happened before.  I know there was a very large gathering of IM people at the show, but I was pretty surprised.

Other less Goo related subjects:
I went with a friend of mine who isn't a fan of the band and has actually never been to a real concert before, but she's pretty laid back so I was pretty sure it would be okay.  She really really liked Lifehouse and liked the Goos as well.  I was happy she had a good time because I worry if other people aren't enjoying themselves.  She approved of the Goos so I can keep her as a friend.  Cheesy

Colbie didn't do much for me.  Her band looked to be having a whole lot more fun than her.  We spent most of her set people watching.  Note to girls: Wearing a shirt exposing 79% of your boobs will not help you enjoy the concert any more or cause John to leap off stage and run away with you.

I really liked Lifehouse.  They sounded very good and I knew all of their songs.  The Joke is absolutely wonderful.  They got a half standing ovation at the end of their set.  I think they were a very good match for the Goos.

Okay... the audience...I just want to share the story of the person sitting next to me.  I really hope you read this board, even though I know you don't because you only knew the singles... Anyways... we go to our seats and a woman is sitting in mine.  So I tell her she's in my seat and she looks at me liked I murdered her child and moves next to me.  She then stares at me repeatedly throughout the night.  She is also overflowing from her seat into mine.  Now... the seats are small and close and you have to really respect eachother's space.  She didn't.  It was 28473 degrees and she was fanning out her hair and running into me and I had nasty stranger hair touching my arm all night.  She occassionally wore sunglasses during the show and plugged her ears. She shifted during the show so that she was standing with one half in her area and one half in my seat area.  On the other side, my friend was just about getting felt up by the guy next to her.  I spent the show in an area about have the size of a seat.  The show was very good, but being between two sets of idiots sucked.

This review is a trainwreck.  I know.  I was just sitting in a parking lot for an hour and a half and my head hurts so this is as organized as it's getting.

Hopefully some audio/video will be coming soon.  Cheesy
IP Logged
zomg
Goo God

View Profile

Re: Darien Lake 7-28-07
« Reply #1 on: Jul 29th, 2007, 9:02am »

Thanks for the review Nicole! Smiley Smiley
IP Logged
laurengoo
Goo God

a.k.a y2goo_4ever

y2goo4ever
View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 29th, 2007, 9:24am »

on Jul 29th, 2007, 1:15am, the red o wrote:
Note to girls: Wearing a shirt exposing 79% of your boobs will not help you enjoy the concert any more or cause John to leap off stage and run away with you.

Thanks for that! Cleavage shirt here I come! Cheesy

lol...I'm kidding, it was a great review Nicole. I'm so excited for our concert!!!
IP Logged

made by: Hysteria
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 29th, 2007, 9:54am »

Thanks for the review Nicole. Sounds like it was a wild night. One of these days I'm going to have to see a show in Buffalo.

From what I've read on the IM there was a group of IMers who rented a bus to and from the venue. Maybe that's who Robby shouted out to. It's possible a few of them had a meet and greet and told him.  

Your experience at the show sounds like mine on an airplane. I just don't get why people can't respect personal space. I really enjoy my personal space...lol

I can't wait to hear the audio. The newspaper reviewer noted that it was the best version of Name he'd ever heard. I'm getting all tingly thinking about it.....hurry Wink
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jul 29th, 2007, 10:43am »

Oh, I know there was huge group of IMers.  It's also likely Robby knew about them because they toured his parents' house...

As for Name... I totally thought about you, Shannon.  I had to switch my memory card and was debating doing it in the middle of Name, because, well, I've heard Name 867483 times.  But I knew you'd kill me and held off.  My audio is pretty good, so once I figure out how to strip it nicely off the video, I'll share it.
IP Logged
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Jul 29th, 2007, 10:45am »

Just use Audacity to get the audio. You can just record it from the video and export it as an mp3. It's takes 5 minutes. Or if you send me the video I can make the audio.
IP Logged

nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Jul 29th, 2007, 10:53am »

I don't want to send it.  Both halves are 1.3 GB.  I'll try Audacity, even though it has never seemed to work for me.
IP Logged
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Jul 29th, 2007, 10:58am »

I LOVE Audicity. I just made an mp3 for a friend the other day. She couldn't convert a song no matter how hard she tried. So I recorded the video and exported it as an mp3. It took me 3 minutes.  

Make sure you're set to "wave out mix" and that the email and AIM buddy list sounds are turned off. Then just record and 'export'.
IP Logged

nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Jul 29th, 2007, 11:08am »

So I have to play the video and then just record on Audacity?

Send me a little "how to" if you have a minute.  I don't feel like learning for myself right now.
IP Logged
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Jul 29th, 2007, 11:14am »

Lauren, you can wear a low cut shirt if you'd like.  As long as you don't plan to be bouncing all over the place and rubbing bald security guy's head.  Cheesy
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  4 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]