Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Sheffield / Manchester shows **Updated with Pix** »

The World of Goo Boards
   Off Topic Board
   Archived Concert Review and Fan Pictures Forum
(Moderators: Shannon, MFC, Adela)
   Sheffield / Manchester shows **Updated with Pix**
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Sheffield / Manchester shows **Updated with Pix**  (Read 1947 times)
LouAndNic
Goo God

Hold on, Dream Away...

View Profile WWW

Sheffield / Manchester shows **Updated with Pix**
« on: Jul 12th, 2007, 3:57pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Ok, this is going to be brief as we're absolutely exhausted but smiling from ear to ear!

The two shows in Sheffield and Manchester were incredible although we have to say, Sheffield was our fave.  It was out of this world!!  The guys were so chatty, incredibly funny and on top form performance wise.  We began the night saying if we get to hear Long Way Down, Cuz You're Gone/1000 words, Slave Girl, All Eyes On Me, Acoustic #3 and Naked at some point over the 2 nights we'd be ecstatic and we got them all on one night!!!!!!!  We were absolutely LOST for words in 1000 words - just wow!!

We have some fairly good pictures from 2nd row in Sheffield and a few from Manchester that are darker and we'll get them up with a full review just as soon as we've recovered a bit.

Manchester was pretty much the same set except we got Tucked Away instead of Lucky Star and We'll Be Here When You're Gone instead of Cuz You're Gone.

It was so good to see so many familiar faces / friends too.  Off to catch some sleep now.   :nanner: :nanner: :nanner: :nanner:
« Last Edit: Jul 14th, 2007, 1:16pm by LouAndNic » IP Logged

Please click on the banner and request Goo in the UK! Graphics by Lea (RogueUK)
AmandaGoo
Naked

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Re: Sheffield / Manchester shows
« Reply #1 on: Jul 12th, 2007, 6:14pm »

Aww i'm jealous! 1000 words is one of my fav songs, can't wait to see the pictures!
IP Logged

"I write songs for everyone, I am not a punk. I am a musician. I believe the way we function as a band with completely one on one ethics with our fans is more important than any punk rock bullshit. I owe punk rock nothing."

- Kris Roe, Ataris
Saz_Goo
Goo God

If I could paint in harmony... :D

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: Jul 14th, 2007, 8:52am »

Ditto to Lou and Nic's review! Both the shows were really awesome. The guys were more chatty in Sheffield (see this hilarious clip of John describing his experience with "Before It's Too Late": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgwSsGxyn6g ) but there were also whole heaps of people sitting down through the whole thing, not even getting up for Iris or anything. WTF?? Get up, people!!
Manchester was lots of fun too, I had a meet and greet with the guys beforehand. One of my friends had given them tons of stuff the night before, and I felt bad because I hadn't bought them anything, so I drew them some last-minute, really terrible cartoons instead. I'm sure they appreciated that. Wink Then I got them to pose with my crutches like they were guns, although it took Johnny a while to get what I meant - he stills looks confused in the pic... http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y187/fourdaysinfeb/sazwithgoo2007.jpg  
We also went a bit mad with making silly banners saying things like "Security Mike rocks harder than he did last year" and "The Damage and Andy fan club", heh heh heh. Gotta have some love for the people behind the scenes who help make it all happen. I didn't have a camera, so I don't have any pics to share, sorry.  
All in all, the concerts were great. Johnny's voice sounded AWESOME, and I was so happy to hear Slave Girl!! Best moment was in Sheffield when the crowd sang the end of Name back at John before he could even start...fantastic.  Grin
IP Logged

Visit here to see all my animations --->http://www.sarahhale.co.uk

"Went to sleep at home and woke up in a shed..." ~ Out Of The Red
LouAndNic
Goo God

Hold on, Dream Away...

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: Jul 14th, 2007, 1:16pm »

Hi Saz Smiley

It was so lovely seeing you again and we are thrilled for you that you had such a cool meet & greet / picture!!!  Can't wait till we see you again in London  Grin

Just a few piccies for you all... more in our usual place lol www.world-of-rock2002.com/home and "What's New".

Sheffield

Sheffield

Manchester

Manchester

Hope you like them  Grin
IP Logged

Please click on the banner and request Goo in the UK! Graphics by Lea (RogueUK)
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

Re: Sheffield / Manchester shows **Updated with Pi
« Reply #4 on: Jul 16th, 2007, 5:38pm »

Lou & Nic & Saz.....thanks so much for your reviews. What a treat to come back home to after being gone.  

Lou & Nic...your pics are fantastic. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Saz...your m&g pic is great too. I loved the crutches!
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]