- 7/31/98 08:17:04 - It's an even week on the Chart Update --
the Goos gain two #1 spots, but lose two #1 spots.
Also, for those of you who are into this, I added a midi of Iris to the sounds
page. (To me it sounds a lot like elevator music, but check it out!)
- 7/30/98 11:59:41 - I added the tab for
Take Me Out to the Ballgame, Goo style!
- 7/29/98 22:09:07 - Check out the new rumor
on the Dizzy Up the Girl page!
19:56:44 - Check out the other releases for September 22. The competition --
especially in the rock music area -- doesn't look too tough!
07:18:42 - Thanks to Karen L. Houle, we
have pics from last night's performance on the David Letterman show! Check out the first pic
especially, where Dave is holding what appears to be Dizzy Up The Girl, the first appearance of
the CD and its front artwork!!!
- 7/28/98 18:33:24 - Check out the new story from
MTV on Iris and the Goo's!
08:10:42 - Iris was #1 on VH-1's countdown for the 3rd week in a row! (Thanks Kat!)
Also, don't forget to watch and tape the Goo Goo Dolls on David Letterman tonight!
- 7/27/98 20:15:22 - Dizzy Up The Girl will include Iris! Read that and the rest
of the story in the article on Dizzy Up the Girl
from SonicNet! The other highlights are that there will be 13 songs on Dizzy, and one will be the
"heavier-sounding" Fool Forever. Also check out other Dizzy info on my Dizzy Up
the Girl page!
- 7/26/98 22:58:17 - Congratulations to Richie Carter, the winner of the World of Goo
1st Anniversary Giveaway! Richie and I will be corresponding to decide what his prize will
be, we'll let you all know!
08:40:00 - Check out new song clips from Hold Me Up (including There You Are),
A Boy Named Goo, No Alternative, and yes, Iris on the sounds page!
- 7/25/98 18:37:30 - The contest is over and the results are in. Check back tomorrow
night to find out who wins! Here are the finalists entries.
- 7/24/98 16:48:33 - If you are looking for the Take Me Out to the Ball Game
promo from the Goos, check out these guys, and be sure to tell them Alex sent you! They
say the have a whole box of them!
Around the World Music Collectibles
P.O. Box 33101
Granada Hills CA 91394
tel (818) 366-1025 fax (818) 363-3472
And check out their website at: http://atwmusic.com!
00:19:30 - Right around midnight, the World of Goo received hit number
- 7/23/98 18:03:50 - Iris hits number one on yet another chart! Check out the
- 7/22/98 10:39:07 - The report in from Heidi is that last night's MuchMusic
Spotlight wasn't anything great. If you want a better show, try getting the October '96
MuchMusic Spotlight from her (email her on her page
They repeated a lot of the same things from that one on yesterday's.
- 7/21/98 21:39:24 - Added July's messages so far to the
- 7/20/98 12:21:14 - I've started a new section specifically for info on
Dizzy Up The Girl! In this section you will
find all the latest info and news on the Goo's new album! Check it out!
- 7/19/98 23:55:37 - Sorry for no updates, this weekend, I had to go to a
wedding (yes, I can have a life outside of the World of Goo) :). Here's what's up:
- A couple of people mentioned that the price for the
Day in the Garden show (8/16) was not correctly reported. The correct price is $10.
- Chart Update!!
- Story from the Entertainment Wire
- Contest Clarification about the number of visits. If
you wish, you can resubmit your entry, if you want to change the number of hits you predict.
- 7/16/98 00:14:36 - Check out how you can have a chance to win some rare,
cool Goo stuff with
The World of Goo's 1st anniversary celebration!
- 7/15/98 22:06:26 - The Goo's will go on at 3:00 pm for the Woodstock show on
August 16, for those of you who want to plan things. (Thanks Michael!)
- 7/14/98 22:10:24 - Here's some more news on Dizzy Up the Girl!
Also, Heidi Goo reports that MuchMusic will be airing a Goo Goo Dolls spotlight on July 21st!
Set your VCR's!
There's also news on Iris getting an MTV Music Award nomination!
allstar magazine reports that tickets for the Goo Goo Dolls show on 8/16
at Woodstock (with Third Eye Blind, Joan Osborne, Marcy Playground, and Dishwalla)
go on sale next Saturday, July 18, at a cost of $25 in advance. Tickets at the
door will be $35. The tickets will be available through
- 7/13/98 17:29:43 - The World of Goo received hit number 50,000
earlier today. That many in under a year (we started on 7/25/97). Thanks to all the
Goos, their families, and Goo fans who make this page the best!
- 7/12/98 20:37:15 - There's a new page out in Goo Land, this one is a
Goo page with a little more focus on Johnny. It's run by one of the biggest Goo
fans in Canada, Heidi Goo! So check it out at
http://www3.nf.sympatico.ca/rphpeet/index.html and be
sure to leave her suggestions and comments. Tell her you came from The World of Goo!
- 7/11/98 11:39:52 - According to A Fan Named Lara, the Goos will be on a
"college tour" this fall, with the opening act being a Utah native, Stacy Lee.
I don't know how valid this is, but I thought the rumor was interesting!
Also, check out how the Goo's are doing on the
official airplay charts!
- 7/10/98 11:38:40 - Chart Update!
- 7/9/98 20:34:06 - More info on the Goo's show on August 16, this time from
As expected, the music festival called A Day in the Garden in Bethel, New
York has added a third date on Aug. 16. Goo Goo Dolls, Joan Osborne, Third
Eye Blind, Marcy Playground, and Dishwalla are expected to perform on that
As reported in allstar, the previous two days of the festival -- which is
a celebration of the site of the 1969 Woodstock Festival -- are Aug. 14
(Don Henley, Stevie Nicks, Ziggy Marley, Ten Years After) and Aug. 15 (Pete
Townshend, Joni Mitchell, Lou Reed, Richie Havens, Donovan).
Tickets for the third show will be significantly lower than the $69.98
price tag for the first two dates; however, the price and on-sale date were
not available at press time.
07:07:42 - Well, a source close to the Goo's who wishes to remain
anonymous has confirmed who the "touring guitarist"
is going to be.
- 7/8/98 19:53:57 - Due to popular demand -- and thanks to
Karen Houle --
we have some pictures of
Nathan December on the site now!
- 7/7/98 21:15:56 - Check out a new article on the
Goo's from Rolling Stone!
08:05:26 - Details are still sketchy, but the Goo's are apparently
lined up to play the Sunday bill of "
A Day in the Garden" (warning: their web site is a big file and right now doesn't
say anything about the Goo's). It looks like tickets are going to be really expensive
(it's $70 for Friday and Saturday each, as those are both full day lineups) but
they go on sale through
Ticketmaster on July 27!
Tickets for the ArtPark show do go on sale this Saturday at all Fantastix outlets (Tops Friendly Markets).
- 7/6/98 09:55:00 - Here's more info and how to get tickets for the ArtPark show:
Venue: Lewiston ArtPark
Date: Sat, Aug 15
Tickets: 24.50 for inside
*all reserved seating
On Sale: July 11
Opening Act: None announced
Purpose: benefit for a children's charity
Contact: 1-800-659-7275 (park)
- 7/5/98 11:52:59 - I've started a section called
Goo Goo Dolls on MTV, which will contain anything
I can find about the Goo's on MTV. Check it out! I've got the MTV Live and
a news bit from April on there now.
- 7/4/98 11:50:07 - Happy July 4th! Check out what syndicated columnist
Liz Smith had to say about the Goo Goo Dolls and Iris!
(thanks to Phil the Spike and Bryan's Goo Goo Dolls mail list, where this came from)
Also, the move to the GeoCities address has been working well and may become more
permenant. Be sure to bookmark this address: http://www.geocities.com/~worldofgoo/index.html
- 7/3/98 16:53:36 - Joe from Buffalo reports that the Goo Goo Dolls will
be playing a charity concert at Artpark, outside of Buffalo, on August 15th.
Tickets go on sale next Saturday (7/11)! If anyone plans on going to this
concert, let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you would write up a review of this show for me!
- 7/2/98 11:26:39 - Chart Update! City of
Angels soundtrack has gone double-platnum!
- 7/1/98 19:49:09 - I added the rest of June's messages to the
11:19:36 - A source close to the Goos confirmed the Letterman date for us!
July 28, set your VCRs now (or soon)!