Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Goo in the UK: Whoo Hoo »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Goo in the UK: Whoo Hoo
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Goo in the UK: Whoo Hoo  (Read 5370 times)
angelwithoutwings
Naked

robby rocks (not very original but to the point)

View Profile

Re: Goo in the UK: Whoo Hoo
« Reply #30 on: Feb 9th, 2005, 2:33pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Feb 9th, 2005, 1:48pm, RogueUK wrote:

OMG, I KNOW! I was explaining to a friend yesterday about the impending Buffalo trip, and he was like "Wow, the Goo Goo Dolls...are they still together?! I thought they split up, like, eight years ago!"  Roll Eyes

Just because you don't KNOW about it doesn't mean they're not releasing stuff! Fools, all of you! LOL

lol. nobody i know has even heard of the goos. let alone know whether they have split up. i was telling someone the other day and they said 'are you sure you don't mean the voodoo dolls Shocked. i was like no i'm sure i mean the goo goo dolls. hopefully now they have heard them on the radio everyone will become infected with goo. Wink
IP Logged
Lea
Goo God

RogueUK

Lea32R
View Profile Email

« Reply #31 on: Feb 9th, 2005, 3:55pm »

on Feb 9th, 2005, 2:33pm, angelwithoutwings wrote:

lol. nobody i know has even heard of the goos. let alone know whether they have split up. i was telling someone the other day and they said 'are you sure you don't mean the voodoo dolls Shocked. i was like no i'm sure i mean the goo goo dolls. hopefully now they have heard them on the radio everyone will become infected with goo. Wink

Hey there you!  Tongue

Who the HECK are the Voodoo dolls?!  

That's a make of clothing as far as I know!

Anyway, everyone welcome Steph to WOG...a fellow UK Goo fan and one of my more successful converts  Wink She knew a GOOd thing when she heard it, heh heh.  

I hate when people think you've just gotten mixed up and don't mean Goo Goo Dolls at all...it happens to me...

Yeah, like I'm SO dumb I got the name of my favourite band wrong. Hmmm.  Roll Eyes

I like your text. It is indeed to the point.  Grin

I was just watching the extras on LIB...I love the bit where Robby catches the fish and the guy tells him he has to hold it by the lip and Robby's freaking out going "No way! He wants me to hold it by the LIP..." LMAO

[/random tangent]
IP Logged

LouAndNic
Goo God

Hold on, Dream Away...

View Profile WWW

« Reply #32 on: Feb 9th, 2005, 4:30pm »

~Extending warm welcome to Steph~

Welcome to WoG!!!  Great to have you on board Smiley

Well, we have some more good news.  GALB was played on Virgin Radio again tonight at about 7.30 as another request for a fan.  :nanner: :nanner:  We've also heard from people that Asda are playing it on their PA system in Cardiff  Shocked and a friend even got a text off someone today saying they'd heard a Goo song on Virgin earlier and loved it!  Also, the cd/dvd combo (import) on www.play.com has SOLD OUT!!!!!

Do you reckon we're making some headway here guys? Isn't it exciting?!!  :rockin:

L&N
IP Logged

Please click on the banner and request Goo in the UK! Graphics by Lea (RogueUK)
ShanGooFan
Goo God

Goo Goo Dolls Rock!

View Profile

« Reply #33 on: Feb 9th, 2005, 6:32pm »

:claps: :claps: This is AWESOME L&N. Thanks for keeping us updated.
IP Logged

~Shannon~

"Music means to me.. ah...breathing. It's a heartbeat, it's rythm and it's passion. It's therapy. It's .... breathing". ~Keith Urban~

LouAndNic
Goo God

Hold on, Dream Away...

View Profile WWW

« Reply #34 on: Feb 10th, 2005, 7:19am »

We've been thinking (yeh, dangerous we know! lol) - how about we try and target Radio 2 as well?   You can e-mail the Radio 2 dj's here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/index.shtml

Radio 2 seems to play varied music and with GALB being a Supertramp cover we thought it could do well - heck, they even have Phantom Planet on their playlist at the moment!  Although there's no Goo right now, we thought that should be rectified!!!  How about Steve Wright, Bob Harris and Jonathon Ross' shows?

Guess we'll have to keep on top of Virgin Radio too - their dj's can be e-mailed here http://www.virginradio.co.uk/djsshows/djs/index.html

Ben Jones, Steve Harris, Russ Williams and Kelly would probably be worth a shot.  

What does everyone else think?

L&N
IP Logged

girlnamedgrace
Dizzy

He's the stone fox......

View Profile

« Reply #35 on: Feb 11th, 2005, 4:31am »

How unbelieveably brilliant would it be if the Goos were to appear on some UK shows? Particularly Jonathan Ross' T.V. show. If they preformed and talked with him, that would be sooooo cool. Jonathan Ross is so funny, having him interview the Goos would be excellent!!! Grin
IP Logged

Our Goo,
who art in Buffalo,hallowed be thy 'name,'
Thy concerts gone to,thy cds bought,in Europe as they are in America,
Give us this day our daily goo and forgive us for liking other bands,
just as we forgive those who do not appriciate good goo, lead us not into temptation,with your hair and toxic songs,
Ah, men!!!
LouAndNic
Goo God

Hold on, Dream Away...

View Profile WWW

« Reply #36 on: Feb 11th, 2005, 10:39am »

on Feb 11th, 2005, 4:31am, girlnamedgrace wrote:
How unbelieveably brilliant would it be if the Goos were to appear on some UK shows? Particularly Jonathan Ross' T.V. show. If they preformed and talked with him, that would be sooooo cool. Jonathan Ross is so funny, having him interview the Goos would be excellent!!! Grin

Oh yes now that would be excellent - great idea!!  Some of Jonathon Ross' chats with the guests have had us in stitches  Cheesy  There must be a way to suggest it somehow, although we're guessing the guys are gonna be pretty busy for a while with the new album...

L&N
IP Logged

Lea
Goo God

RogueUK

Lea32R
View Profile Email

« Reply #37 on: Feb 11th, 2005, 1:30pm »

on Feb 11th, 2005, 4:31am, girlnamedgrace wrote:

OMG, that would make my entire LIFE!  Shocked

I love Jonathan Ross, he's so funny, and obviously I love Goo, so when you add the two together you make me a very happy person indeed!  

What I wouldn't give to see Goo on UK TV.
IP Logged

shona
Naked

View Profile Email

« Reply #38 on: Feb 11th, 2005, 7:33pm »

Hi!

Just had to say, GALB has been heard on an ASDA P.A system in Glasgow also!
IP Logged
Zeeba
Naked

View Profile

« Reply #39 on: Feb 12th, 2005, 9:12am »

That's so cool.  It would be great to hear them over here again!

I bought their live CD and DVD from the States and it rekindled my love of the Goo Goo Dolls!

I want them to come back and play again!!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]