Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Goo in the UK: Whoo Hoo »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Goo in the UK: Whoo Hoo
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  5 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Goo in the UK: Whoo Hoo  (Read 5372 times)
Saz_Goo
Goo God

If I could paint in harmony... :D

View Profile WWW

Re: ALL Fans PLEASE Help - Goo Up For Most Wanted
« Reply #10 on: Feb 7th, 2005, 7:59am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

LMAO, yeah, my inbox is full of replies from virgin radio too...I guess it's good to get feedback and know they've acknowledged your vote...Tongue

And yep, I've emailed my family and friends and just about anyone I've got in my address book to ask them to vote too... I might even harass the more forgetful of them everyday to remind them to vote Wink. Fingers crossed they get played tonight!! :thumbsup:
IP Logged

Visit here to see all my animations --->http://www.sarahhale.co.uk

"Went to sleep at home and woke up in a shed..." ~ Out Of The Red
LouAndNic
Goo God

Hold on, Dream Away...

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: Feb 7th, 2005, 2:37pm »

well we're confused - we're still waiting to see if GALB gets played but where has the Most Wanted Chart gone  Huh

L&N
IP Logged

Please click on the banner and request Goo in the UK! Graphics by Lea (RogueUK)
LouAndNic
Goo God

Hold on, Dream Away...

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: Feb 7th, 2005, 2:39pm »

on Feb 7th, 2005, 7:23am, ShanGooFan wrote:

Yes, the rumor is true. Keith just collaborated with Bon Jovi for a song. Bon Jovi stated he wasn't sure if he was gonna use it on the album yet or not. Keith is an Australian native country music star who's popularity is exploding right now...but his guitar playing style is VERY rock. He just won CMA (country music association) Male Vocalist of the Year. He just did a CMT Crossroads episode with John Fogerty...one of his guitar idols. He is probably one of the most talented guitar players around today. He is simply amazing to watch play...I've seen him live 4 times since last June and have two shows I'm going to in Canada in April. LOL ... I'm out of control addicted.  He's touring around the UK and Ireland with Bryan Adams in May 2005. If you have the opportunity to check him out ... do it! He is such an amazing performer. One live show and you will be hooked for life. LOL ... I'm gonna stop here. I could go on and on for hours about Keith.

I will vote again right now.

Well we're even more intrigued now Shannon!!  Thanks for all the info - we've actually got tickets to see Bryan Adams in London in May so guess we'll be finding out a lot more about him then!  Looking forward to seeing him as well as Bryan now Smiley

Thanks for your help

L&N
IP Logged

ShanGooFan
Goo God

Goo Goo Dolls Rock!

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: Feb 7th, 2005, 2:41pm »

on Feb 7th, 2005, 2:39pm, LouAndNic wrote:

Well we're even more intrigued now Shannon!!  Thanks for all the info - we've actually got tickets to see Bryan Adams in London in May so guess we'll be finding out a lot more about him then!  Looking forward to seeing him as well as Bryan now Smiley

Thanks for your help

L&N

There are quite a few American Keith fans who are actually travelling to the UK to see this show. If the date is 5/13 that is the one. I'm so excited for you to see him. He will blow you away. I'll be waiting anxiously to hear a report from you and see if you've become a fan Wink
« Last Edit: Feb 7th, 2005, 2:43pm by ShanGooFan » IP Logged

~Shannon~

"Music means to me.. ah...breathing. It's a heartbeat, it's rythm and it's passion. It's therapy. It's .... breathing". ~Keith Urban~

LouAndNic
Goo God

Hold on, Dream Away...

View Profile WWW

« Reply #14 on: Feb 7th, 2005, 2:56pm »

on Feb 7th, 2005, 2:41pm, ShanGooFan wrote:

I'll be waiting anxiously to hear a report from you and see if you've become a fan Wink

Oh we'll definitely report back for you - we seem to have problems with liking support bands that we see too much so becoming a fan won't come as too much of a surprise lol  Wink

Take care

L&N
IP Logged

Lea
Goo God

RogueUK

Lea32R
View Profile Email

« Reply #15 on: Feb 7th, 2005, 4:11pm »

So...did they get played? Huh I'm guessing not...

But you've confused me now. LOL.
IP Logged

BitterPills
Goo God

"He walks the walk & talks the talk..."

DizzyForGoos
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #16 on: Feb 7th, 2005, 4:35pm »

Just voted for our guys :rockin:
IP Logged

Shake This Scene - A tribute to John Rzeznik
http://shakethisscene.com

Upcoming shows:
10.9 - Fall Out Boy w/Plain White T's, Gym Class Heroes, Cute Is What We Aim For
11.18 - Third Eye Blind w/The Shorebirds

LouAndNic
Goo God

Hold on, Dream Away...

View Profile WWW

« Reply #17 on: Feb 8th, 2005, 6:37am »

Well we listened to the whole show and no chart was run - we're still confused and will be trying to phone the radio station later to see if they've changed the format of the show or maybe they just don't run the chart on a monday  Huh  It's all very weird as the website still says:-

"You choose the tunes for a whole hour on the Virgin Radio Most Wanted chart. It's part of our evening show with Ben Jones. Catch him playing some of today's best new music between 7.00pm and 10.00pm every weekday.

Votes now being taken for Tuesday 8 February - you can vote right up until 7.00pm. We're not broadcasting Most Wanted on New Year's Day."

Thanks so much to everyone for voting - we're gonna keep on voting and see if the chart runs tonight - will keep you posted if we find out anything.  If anyone else can help solve the mystery we'd love to know what's going on?!!

L&N
IP Logged

LouAndNic
Goo God

Hold on, Dream Away...

View Profile WWW

Mystery solved
« Reply #18 on: Feb 8th, 2005, 8:19am »

Well we've just rung Virgin Radio and said that we listened to the whole show last night and didn't hear the chart and so wondered what was going on.  The reply.....

"the format of the show has changed" - they no longer do the chart countdown  Cry  When we said that it's still up on the website and we've been voting they said they'll change it.

We feel so disheartened - it feels like an uphill battle in the UK Sad we know for a fact that LOADS of UK fans voted for it last night and that lots of fellow international goo friends did too.  It's such a shame - everyone worked so hard.

All we can suggest now is that we get requesting instead - we'll definitely be e-mailing Ben Jones and ask that he play GALB tonight for all the disappointed people who voted for the chart last night.  

L&N
IP Logged

Lea
Goo God

RogueUK

Lea32R
View Profile Email

Re: Mystery solved
« Reply #19 on: Feb 8th, 2005, 12:01pm »

on Feb 8th, 2005, 8:19am, LouAndNic wrote:
Well we've just rung Virgin Radio and said that we listened to the whole show last night and didn't hear the chart and so wondered what was going on.  The reply.....

"the format of the show has changed" - they no longer do the chart countdown  Cry  When we said that it's still up on the website and we've been voting they said they'll change it.

We feel so disheartened - it feels like an uphill battle in the UK Sad we know for a fact that LOADS of UK fans voted for it last night and that lots of fellow international goo friends did too.  It's such a shame - everyone worked so hard.

All we can suggest now is that we get requesting instead - we'll definitely be e-mailing Ben Jones and ask that he play GALB tonight for all the disappointed people who voted for the chart last night.  

L&N

VIRGIN RADIO SUCKS!  Angry

All that wasted effort...I'm so fricking annoyed...

I can't believe they changed the show and didn't change it on the website. Can you say 'idiots'?

Right, emailing, I'm on it. We'll get Goo in the UK if it's the last thing we do! Who's with me?!  Grin
« Last Edit: Feb 8th, 2005, 12:01pm by Lea » IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4  5 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]