Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Goo in the UK: Whoo Hoo »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Goo in the UK: Whoo Hoo
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Goo in the UK: Whoo Hoo  (Read 5369 times)
LouAndNic
Goo God

Hold on, Dream Away...

View Profile WWW

Re: Goo Up For Most Wanted UK: The Outcome
« Reply #20 on: Feb 8th, 2005, 12:05pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Well we've just heard some better news Lea.....

A fellow UK Goo fan has been rung by Virgin this afternoon!!!!  :lol: It seems that they're DEFINITELY gonna play GALB tonight - yay!!!! Not 100% sure which show but the fellow fan e-mailed Ben Jones so that's who we'll be listening too.  

We also e-mailed Ben ourselves and asked him to play it for all the disappointed Goo fans and how we feel that we're up against it in the UK, and how all we want to do is hear our fave band on the radio and have a chance of seeing them over here again.  

Maybe this is the start of better things to come.... fingers crossed.

L&N
IP Logged

Please click on the banner and request Goo in the UK! Graphics by Lea (RogueUK)
Lea
Goo God

RogueUK

Lea32R
View Profile Email

« Reply #21 on: Feb 8th, 2005, 12:13pm »

Yay! Yay yay! Friggin' fantastic!  Grin

That IS better news. Thanks L&N!  

I know what you mean about it being an uphill struggle. Everyone I talk to about the Goos has either NEVER heard of them or thinks they split up right after 'Iris'.  

'Iris' is all anyone here knows, when they know anything at all. Often the response is "Goo...who? What? Huh?"  Cry

My mum was all ready to ring Warner Brothers the other day...I was explaining to her about how the Goos don't have videos and stuff here, and how they never tour here...and she got quite annoyed on my behalf. She was like "That's not very fair on their fans!"

*sigh* tell us about it mum. They're my favourite band ever and no-one knows who they are. And it makes me sad because people here are missing out. Missing out on something great.  Sad

I'm working on converting my mum, haha. I got her to listen to 'Iris' and 'Galb' although she said she preferred the original version of 'galb'. Parents, eh?

This was a bit of a random tangent. Just ignore me.  Embarassed
« Last Edit: Feb 8th, 2005, 12:14pm by Lea » IP Logged

LouAndNic
Goo God

Hold on, Dream Away...

View Profile WWW

« Reply #22 on: Feb 8th, 2005, 4:06pm »

on Feb 8th, 2005, 12:13pm, RogueUK wrote:
Yay! Yay yay! Friggin' fantastic!  Grin

That IS better news. Thanks L&N!  

I know what you mean about it being an uphill struggle. Everyone I talk to about the Goos has either NEVER heard of them or thinks they split up right after 'Iris'.  

'Iris' is all anyone here knows, when they know anything at all. Often the response is "Goo...who? What? Huh?"  Cry

My mum was all ready to ring Warner Brothers the other day...I was explaining to her about how the Goos don't have videos and stuff here, and how they never tour here...and she got quite annoyed on my behalf. She was like "That's not very fair on their fans!"

*sigh* tell us about it mum. They're my favourite band ever and no-one knows who they are. And it makes me sad because people here are missing out. Missing out on something great.  Sad

I'm working on converting my mum, haha. I got her to listen to 'Iris' and 'Galb' although she said she preferred the original version of 'galb'. Parents, eh?

This was a bit of a random tangent. Just ignore me.  Embarassed

Well we certainly won't be ignoring you Lea as you've spoken a lot of sense.  If more people were aware of the band they would be no stopping them over here.  We've said before that we still can't get over the fact that tickets were exchanging hands for approx £70 a pair at The Astoria when they only cost £15 to buy - people were so desperate to get in as it had sold out.

It all comes down to people just not knowing - not knowing they have a single out, therefore not knowing they could buy it and that single not charting (back in 2002) hence not much support now.  It seems like it's down to us fans to make people aware of what's going on.  Let's face it, if we didn't have the internet ourselves we probably wouldn't know what was happening.

Your Mum sounds really cool btw and you're obviously doing a great job converting people to Goo  :thumbsup:  Even our Mum was tapping away with her foot when it came on the radio tonight  Grin Grin

With "Give A Little Bit" we've perhaps got the best chance in ages to get requesting - it's a cover version of an old UK song, it's doing really well in America and there are quite a few UK fans online now that are prepared to muck in.  How can we fail?!!  Wink

Take care

L&N
IP Logged

LouAndNic
Goo God

Hold on, Dream Away...

View Profile WWW

Re: Goo in the UK: Whoo Hoo
« Reply #23 on: Feb 8th, 2005, 4:11pm »

:nanner: :nanner: :nanner: :nanner: :cucumber: :cucumber: :cucumber: :cucumber:

This post requires LOTS of dancing fruit and veg! lol

As you may have gathered we're pretty happy right now as Virgin Radio played "Give A Little Bit" tonight at around 9.30pm - yay!!!  :woohoo:

Ben played it for Ian, Liz and family who are UK fans that have been helping out with the requesting and they obviously struck a chord with their request!  Ben played the track and said how great the song was, not once, but TWICE!!!  Grin Grin

Sorry if we seem a little excited but it's not that often we hear new Goo on our radio over here.  The requesting blitz is starting to pay off  Grin

A very smiley Lou & Nic
IP Logged

Lea
Goo God

RogueUK

Lea32R
View Profile Email

« Reply #24 on: Feb 8th, 2005, 4:20pm »

Bring out the dancing foodstuffs!

:nanner: :nanner: :nanner:

Yay! Goo got played!  Grin I bet there are people all over Britain sitting by their radios thinking "Holy cow, what was THAT? That was frickin' AWESOME!" hehehe. The revolution starts here, my friends  Wink

on Feb 8th, 2005, 4:06pm, LouAndNic wrote:
If more people were aware of the band they would be no stopping them over here.  We've said before that we still can't get over the fact that tickets were exchanging hands for approx £70 a pair at The Astoria when they only cost £15 to buy - people were so desperate to get in as it had sold out.

It all comes down to people just not knowing - not knowing they have a single out, therefore not knowing they could buy it and that single not charting (back in 2002) hence not much support now.  It seems like it's down to us fans to make people aware of what's going on.  Let's face it, if we didn't have the internet ourselves we probably wouldn't know what was happening.

Too true! I guarantee if the Goos had the kind of exposure here that they do in the States they'd be just as big here! Ya know, Warner brothers, we Brits have money too! Money we're itching to spend on Goo! If only you'd give us the chance!

£70 for a pair of tickets...wow! lol. And yet...still no UK Goo! What's that all about?  Cry  

Can you imagine if the Goos did start coming to the UK? Everyone here would be like "Wow, there's this NEW band..." LMAO! We'd know the truth though  Wink
IP Logged

GOOKAT
Goo God

i love my goos !!!

another2ndxa0   amigone68
View Profile Email

« Reply #25 on: Feb 8th, 2005, 4:30pm »

VOTED!!! :thumbsup:
IP Logged

IS IT TOO LATE TO CALL AND TELL YOU TO BE STRONG......ARE YOU ALIVE......AMIGONE

http:www.myspace.com/gookat
LouAndNic
Goo God

Hold on, Dream Away...

View Profile WWW

« Reply #26 on: Feb 9th, 2005, 7:09am »

Revolution indeed!!!  Grin  Grin

Thanks for your help GooKat - we're on a mission to re-educate the UK aren't we fellow UK'ers?!

Wonder if it'll get played again tonight.... fingers crossed.

Lou & Nic
IP Logged

ShanGooFan
Goo God

Goo Goo Dolls Rock!

View Profile

« Reply #27 on: Feb 9th, 2005, 7:22am »

:claps: :claps: :claps: YAY for you all. They played new Goo in the UK ...  :woohoo: :woohoo:

There's nothing like hearing new Goo on the radio for the first time. Hopefully, it will get a terrific response and you'll start hearing it all the time now. If you need us to help keep requesting let us know.
IP Logged

~Shannon~

"Music means to me.. ah...breathing. It's a heartbeat, it's rythm and it's passion. It's therapy. It's .... breathing". ~Keith Urban~

Saz_Goo
Goo God

If I could paint in harmony... :D

View Profile WWW

« Reply #28 on: Feb 9th, 2005, 8:31am »

HOORAY!! :nanner: :nanner: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :cucumber: :cucumber:
I'm sorry I missed it but SO GLAD it got played, especially after the confusion on Monday!! Right, emailing requests starting now!! Let's hope it gets played EVERY night!! :thumbsup:

on Feb 8th, 2005, 4:20pm, RogueUK wrote:

Can you imagine if the Goos did start coming to the UK? Everyone here would be like "Wow, there's this NEW band..." LMAO! We'd know the truth though  Wink

LOL, that'd be too funny!! It would be better than most people thinking they were a one-hit wonder band after "Iris" - they got lumped in with Deep Blue Something here the other day and I HAD to re-educate them and their misinformed opinions.... Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Visit here to see all my animations --->http://www.sarahhale.co.uk

"Went to sleep at home and woke up in a shed..." ~ Out Of The Red
Lea
Goo God

RogueUK

Lea32R
View Profile Email

« Reply #29 on: Feb 9th, 2005, 1:48pm »

on Feb 9th, 2005, 8:31am, Saz_Goo wrote:
LOL, that'd be too funny!! It would be better than most people thinking they were a one-hit wonder band after "Iris" - they got lumped in with Deep Blue Something here the other day and I HAD to re-educate them and their misinformed opinions.... Roll Eyes

OMG, I KNOW! I was explaining to a friend yesterday about the impending Buffalo trip, and he was like "Wow, the Goo Goo Dolls...are they still together?! I thought they split up, like, eight years ago!"  Roll Eyes

Just because you don't KNOW about it doesn't mean they're not releasing stuff! Fools, all of you! LOL
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]