Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Goo in the UK: Whoo Hoo »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Goo in the UK: Whoo Hoo
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Goo in the UK: Whoo Hoo  (Read 5371 times)
angelwithoutwings
Naked

robby rocks (not very original but to the point)

View Profile

Re: Goo in the UK: Whoo Hoo
« Reply #40 on: Feb 12th, 2005, 4:15pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Feb 10th, 2005, 7:19am, LouAndNic wrote:
We've been thinking (yeh, dangerous we know! lol) - how about we try and target Radio 2 as well?   You can e-mail the Radio 2 dj's here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/index.shtml

Radio 2 seems to play varied music and with GALB being a Supertramp cover we thought it could do well - heck, they even have Phantom Planet on their playlist at the moment!  Although there's no Goo right now, we thought that should be rectified!!!  How about Steve Wright, Bob Harris and Jonathon Ross' shows?

Guess we'll have to keep on top of Virgin Radio too - their dj's can be e-mailed here http://www.virginradio.co.uk/djsshows/djs/index.html

Ben Jones, Steve Harris, Russ Williams and Kelly would probably be worth a shot.  

What does everyone else think?

L&N

hehehe. yeah we should bug all the radio stations here until they play the goos. then loads more people will be able to hear them and then they will become so popular here that they will come over and perform so that i don't have to work my ass off to try and get ebnough money for a plane ticket to fly over to america.
my other idea is that we find someway to changes the convection currents in the earths mantle so that the two plates (one which maerica is on and the other england) start to move together instead of apart, causing a destructive plate boundary which would eventually result in the two plates meeting where they are carrying continental crust. (basically america and england would be joined by land) and then i wouldn't have to get the money for a plane ticket.
hehehe that probably made no sense to most people. i'm doing gcse geography in case any of you were wondering how the hell i managed to know all that.
goo's not only make great music but are a great way to help you revise and remember important facts for geography gcse papers. lol
IP Logged
angelwithoutwings
Naked

View Profile

« Reply #41 on: Feb 12th, 2005, 4:17pm »

hehehe. ok that was a long post. i'm good at babbling about anything so you guys are going to have to get used to it
IP Logged
angelwithoutwings
Naked

View Profile

« Reply #42 on: Feb 12th, 2005, 4:33pm »

on Feb 9th, 2005, 4:30pm, LouAndNic wrote:
~Extending warm welcome to Steph~

Welcome to WoG!!!  Great to have you on board Smiley L&N

*waves* Smiley thanks for the welcome leah(rogueuk) said all you goo fans were really awesome people.  Smiley your going to be seeing lots of me now. i'm a bit of a postaholic (if there is such a think) and i tend to write really long posts. so i'm going to try and keep this one short.  Smileyhello everyone Smiley there short and simple  Smiley
« Last Edit: Feb 12th, 2005, 4:34pm by angelwithoutwings » IP Logged
Saz_Goo
Goo God

If I could paint in harmony... :D

View Profile WWW

« Reply #43 on: Feb 13th, 2005, 3:03pm »

I second Lou&Nic, welcome to the board Steph - your name isn't a reference to a Vertical Horizon song by any chance? Anyways, happy posting and don't worry about making long posts - going off on a tangent is always fun, I say!! Wink

And welcome to Zeeba too, are you a UK fan as well?

on Feb 10th, 2005, 7:19am, LouAndNic wrote:

Radio 2 seems to play varied music and with GALB being a Supertramp cover we thought it could do well - heck, they even have Phantom Planet on their playlist at the moment!  Although there's no Goo right now, we thought that should be rectified!!!  How about Steve Wright, Bob Harris and Jonathon Ross' shows?

LOl, funny you should mention Bob Harris - I went to check out his site at http://www.bobharris.org/pages/index.htm and it has a "Search" facility on it - turns out he's played "Give a Little Bit" on the 29 February, the 4th of February, and last night!! Woohoo!So I've emailed him to say thank you for playing it. Tongue I reckon Jonathon Ross is probably another GOOd one to target - radio and TV, it would be SO great if they appeared on his show!! Grin
IP Logged

Visit here to see all my animations --->http://www.sarahhale.co.uk

"Went to sleep at home and woke up in a shed..." ~ Out Of The Red
LouAndNic
Goo God

Hold on, Dream Away...

View Profile WWW

« Reply #44 on: Feb 14th, 2005, 4:57am »

on Feb 11th, 2005, 7:33pm, shona wrote:
Hi!

Just had to say, GALB has been heard on an ASDA P.A system in Glasgow also!

Hey Shona Smiley  how are you?

That's great - Goo is obviously taking over Asda - guess we'll have to start shopping there lol

Take care

L&N
IP Logged

Please click on the banner and request Goo in the UK! Graphics by Lea (RogueUK)
LouAndNic
Goo God

Hold on, Dream Away...

View Profile WWW

« Reply #45 on: Feb 14th, 2005, 4:58am »

Hey Zeeba Smiley

It certainly would be wonderful if the band did come back and play here sometime - take it you're from the UK too - welcome  Grin

Take care

L&N
IP Logged

LouAndNic
Goo God

Hold on, Dream Away...

View Profile WWW

« Reply #46 on: Feb 14th, 2005, 5:01am »

on Feb 12th, 2005, 4:15pm, angelwithoutwings wrote:

hehehe. yeah we should bug all the radio stations here until they play the goos. then loads more people will be able to hear them and then they will become so popular here that they will come over and perform so that i don't have to work my ass off to try and get ebnough money for a plane ticket to fly over to america.
my other idea is that we find someway to changes the convection currents in the earths mantle so that the two plates (one which maerica is on and the other england) start to move together instead of apart, causing a destructive plate boundary which would eventually result in the two plates meeting where they are carrying continental crust. (basically america and england would be joined by land) and then i wouldn't have to get the money for a plane ticket.
hehehe that probably made no sense to most people. i'm doing gcse geography in case any of you were wondering how the hell i managed to know all that.
goo's not only make great music but are a great way to help you revise and remember important facts for geography gcse papers. lol

LOL - that would be the PERFECT solution coz then we'd need not worry about our fear of flying!! lmao

Take care

L&N  

P.S Good luck with the GSCE papers... you'll do fine if you're remembering stuff like this!
IP Logged

LouAndNic
Goo God

Hold on, Dream Away...

View Profile WWW

« Reply #47 on: Feb 14th, 2005, 5:02am »

on Feb 13th, 2005, 3:03pm, Saz_Goo wrote:

LOl, funny you should mention Bob Harris - I went to check out his site at http://www.bobharris.org/pages/index.htm and it has a "Search" facility on it - turns out he's played "Give a Little Bit" on the 29 February, the 4th of February, and last night!! Woohoo!So I've emailed him to say thank you for playing it. Tongue I reckon Jonathon Ross is probably another GOOd one to target - radio and TV, it would be SO great if they appeared on his show!! Grin

Oh wow that's fantastic Saz!  Will also e-mail to say thank - us British have got to be polite right?  We have a reputation to live up to! hehe

Will see if we can find any contact details for Jonathon Ross later...

Take care

L&N
IP Logged

shona
Naked

View Profile Email

« Reply #48 on: Feb 14th, 2005, 12:31pm »

on Feb 14th, 2005, 4:57am, LouAndNic wrote:

Hey Shona Smiley  how are you?

That's great - Goo is obviously taking over Asda - guess we'll have to start shopping there lol

Take care

L&N

I'm good thanks  Smiley

I don't shop at Asda either but I could change my mind!

It great to see a few UK Goo fans here - I knew they existed somewhere!!  Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]