Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « The 20-somethings Club »

The World of Goo Boards
   Off Topic Board
   Off Topic Board
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   The 20-somethings Club
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12  ...  22 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: The 20-somethings Club  (Read 80992 times)
partygoober
Goo God

~Philly Girl~                               savvy?

View Profile WWW

Re: The 20-somethings Club
« Reply #90 on: Jan 6th, 2007, 9:24am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

iris...that sounded like one fucked up night

i've never had that experience..a.nd thats really weird

i think you did the right thing by just getting out of the situation... Smiley...there are many many other fish in the sea

~Kristyn~
IP Logged

*~*WOG BITCH*~*

"What, do you all know each other or something?" Johnny during slide 8/27

I left my heart in Buffalo, NY

Yeah baby there's a villain in me. So sexy, sour, and sweet, and you'll be loving it.

SUPER BITCH.
Christian
I'm Addicted

The Infernal Bridegroom

View Profile Email

« Reply #91 on: Jan 6th, 2007, 12:44pm »

Wow. Who goes to a strip club with their ex?

.....who goes to a strip club in the first place?  Roll Eyes
IP Logged

And all the perfume rare, now buried in the shade
iris3732
Goo God

I can feel it like a curse.

View Profile

« Reply #92 on: Jan 6th, 2007, 2:01pm »

on Jan 6th, 2007, 9:24am, partygoober wrote:
iris...that sounded like one fucked up night

i've never had that experience..a.nd thats really weird

i think you did the right thing by just getting out of the situation... Smiley...there are many many other fish in the sea

~Kristyn~

Yeah, it's never happened to me before either...I was totally thrown for a loop.  

And definitely there are other fish in the sea...hopefully I'll find someone normal....apparently now when I give my phone number out I should to follow it with a disclaimer: This number is intended for you and only you. It is not to be passed around without previously gaining permission from owner.

on Jan 6th, 2007, 12:44pm, Christian wrote:
Wow. Who goes to a strip club with their ex?

.....who goes to a strip club in the first place?  Roll Eyes

And who rubs it in my face? That was sooo sleazy.

What gets me is when I met him he said, "Well, I go to church. I read the Bible. I'm a good person."  I never knew why he felt the need to tell me that.

Ok. I'm over it. Thanks for letting me vent everyone Smiley
IP Logged

all I can do is try not to screw this up again
and just be friends
i'd rather be dead
~the marvelous 3

you say it's a good thing
that you float in the air....
~weezer
rzezniksangel
Goo God

rzezniksangel
View Profile

« Reply #93 on: Jan 7th, 2007, 4:39pm »

For some reason, the twenty-somethings boys are just one big mess.  Thankfully I'm no longer in the dating world, but my husband's friends all seem to have a few screws loose.  And the guys I was friends with all through high school & college...yeah...they all flaked out and disappeared too.  *scratches head*  I just don't get it.  

For those of you twenty-something guys that are on here....do us girls do something that makes this happen?  Or are you all really just a little off?
IP Logged
Christian
I'm Addicted

The Infernal Bridegroom

View Profile Email

« Reply #94 on: Jan 8th, 2007, 5:35am »

A blanket statement like that is a little silly, don't you think?  Roll Eyes
IP Logged

GlitteringGoo
Goo God

glittergoldjem
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #95 on: Jan 8th, 2007, 5:57pm »

not that i want to get into a battle of the sexes on here ...

but it's not bad to make a blanket statement like that. guy's classify girls in all kinds of catagories and ways just based on what they THINK we want or are talking about. this theory has been told to me and proven to me by my close guy friends. guys close off a lot and won't speak up so they just go with their assumption of us. so if that's okay then what we're asking is okay too. plus it's just a generalization of a statement of a group, it's not just pinpointing one person.  

(if that came off bitchy i didn't mean too haha i'm just standing up for our questions)
« Last Edit: Jan 8th, 2007, 5:57pm by GlitteringGoo » IP Logged

www.myspace.com/starontherisexoxo
www.twitter.com/glitteringgoo
www.facebook.com/BULoveIt07 (I may not come up so just PM me and we can find each other lol)
rzezniksangel
Goo God

rzezniksangel
View Profile

« Reply #96 on: Jan 8th, 2007, 8:40pm »

on Jan 8th, 2007, 5:57pm, GlitteringGoo wrote:

but it's not bad to make a blanket statement like that. guy's classify girls in all kinds of catagories and ways just based on what they THINK we want or are talking about. this theory has been told to me and proven to me by my close guy friends. guys close off a lot and won't speak up so they just go with their assumption of us. so if that's okay then what we're asking is okay too. plus it's just a generalization of a statement of a group, it's not just pinpointing one person.  

(if that came off bitchy i didn't mean too haha i'm just standing up for our questions)

Thanks Heather!  Grin

My question/statement wasn't meant to sound like I'm being catty.  I'm just curious as to why this happens...and knowing that I'm not the only one that it's happened to, that fact is kinda comforting.   :whip:  
IP Logged
iris3732
Goo God

I can feel it like a curse.

View Profile

« Reply #97 on: Jan 8th, 2007, 9:02pm »

My friend has an amazing husband so I know there are decent guys out there....and I'm sure your guy is great too, rzezniksangel Smiley

but DAMN. Do all the wackos have to flock to me?

overgeneralizing I know but this last guy....I can't help it.  

maybe he was possessed....that would explain so much.....
IP Logged

all I can do is try not to screw this up again
and just be friends
i'd rather be dead
~the marvelous 3

you say it's a good thing
that you float in the air....
~weezer
Christian
I'm Addicted

The Infernal Bridegroom

View Profile Email

« Reply #98 on: Jan 9th, 2007, 4:45am »

on Jan 8th, 2007, 5:57pm, GlitteringGoo wrote:

Don't take any of this personally, I'm not attacking you. I've always loved a good debate and I can get rather passionate. I'm not arguing from a position of anger but from one of logic and reason.

Perhaps men you have known do classify women based on erroneous information. However, if by your own admission such classifications are incorrect, how can you use them to justify your own classifications of men?  

Furthermore, I don't understand how you can say that a generalization of a group isn't a bad thing because it's not pinpointing one person. That's precisely why it is bad. It doesn't speak ill of one person, it speaks ill of many, and unjustly. To draw a parallel, I could say that a guy I knew in high school who happened to be black was a jerk, or I could say that every black guy is a jerk. I'm obviously not accusing you of holding such an opinion, I'm just trying to put some perspective on this.

Anyway, if someone is a jerk to you, it's because of who they are, not what they are. Nurture over nature and all that I suppose, in a sense. The statement "all men/women are jerks" is something that really should die in high school. People are comprised of more than just genitals.

I think this sort of devolved into a rant. Ah well. Time for bed.
IP Logged

GlitteringGoo
Goo God

glittergoldjem
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #99 on: Jan 9th, 2007, 4:09pm »

The generalization is of this group of men we are talking about ... the assholes in other words, not ALL men. I can see how it could be taken outta context as one assumption of a group but that's not what I meant and I knew (for the most part) everyone in this thread knew that.

IP Logged

www.myspace.com/starontherisexoxo
www.twitter.com/glitteringgoo
www.facebook.com/BULoveIt07 (I may not come up so just PM me and we can find each other lol)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12  ...  22 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]