Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « The 20-somethings Club »

The World of Goo Boards
   Off Topic Board
   Off Topic Board
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   The 20-somethings Club
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11  ...  22 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: The 20-somethings Club  (Read 81556 times)
laurengoo
Goo God

a.k.a y2goo_4ever

y2goo4ever
View Profile Email

Re: The 20-somethings Club
« Reply #80 on: Dec 23rd, 2006, 10:57am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Dec 21st, 2006, 3:36pm, GlitteringGoo wrote:
Hey guys! I'm 23, so can I join the fun in the 20-somethings club?

Anyway I know how you feel about being in that in-between time. I graduate college in May and that just sorta floors me. College has always been my security blanket and knowing it will be gone in 6 months is just crazy. It's also a time where friends are going to be leaving and that kills me. My friends are my life, they keep me alive, literally and just knowing we all have to part soon ... uh I don't even want to get into it. But without sounding like a wise old owl ... we only have the present, I'm living it to its fullest, I don't want to be 90 years old rocking my grandkids to sleep telling them stories of what grandma wishes she would have done ... I'm going to be telling them about all the things grandma DID do.

Welcome!!! Smiley And life is just beginning!! Cheesy
IP Logged

made by: Hysteria
laurengoo
Goo God

a.k.a y2goo_4ever

y2goo4ever
View Profile Email

« Reply #81 on: Dec 28th, 2006, 7:37pm »

Boy did I kill this thread....

*sulks* Embarassed Cry
IP Logged

GlitteringGoo
Goo God

glittergoldjem
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #82 on: Jan 1st, 2007, 10:19pm »

aw no you didn't!

has anyone else noticed how weird guys are getting now that we're in our twenties? i have or had these amazing three awesome guy friends and i'm pretty much down to one now. (i have more guy friends it's just that these three plus me made this awesome little tight-knit group) the one guy forever will always be that person i can call at 4am and he'll never get mad. the other two just over this summer totally got weird. the one that truly boths me the most, him and i were so so close and now i don't think he'd bat an eye if i died. we haven't talked since august and i sent him a message in november on facebook and he hasn't responded to it. i just don't get it. and i'm having the hardest time just letting his friendship die ... i let to many other friendships die in my past (some of which i regret) and i know he's going to pull his head outta his ass someday and wake up. so that's why i hold on hope but i'm just being stupid i guess.

okay that was a rambling bummed out post haha sorry i just had to vent.
IP Logged

www.myspace.com/starontherisexoxo
www.twitter.com/glitteringgoo
www.facebook.com/BULoveIt07 (I may not come up so just PM me and we can find each other lol)
partygoober
Goo God

~Philly Girl~                               savvy?

View Profile WWW

« Reply #83 on: Jan 1st, 2007, 10:20pm »

on Dec 28th, 2006, 7:37pm, the white o wrote:
Boy did I kill this thread....

*sulks* Embarassed Cry

that made me litterally lol

hehe

thanks for the late night laugh.....

~Kristyn~
IP Logged

*~*WOG BITCH*~*

"What, do you all know each other or something?" Johnny during slide 8/27

I left my heart in Buffalo, NY

Yeah baby there's a villain in me. So sexy, sour, and sweet, and you'll be loving it.

SUPER BITCH.
iris3732
Goo God

I can feel it like a curse.

View Profile

« Reply #84 on: Jan 2nd, 2007, 5:41am »

uh... I am an irresponsible 24-year old.

this morning I lost one of the diamond earrings my mom got me for Christmas. I'm pretty sure it's in the bathroom...

DAMN DAMN DAMN. I knew the back was a little loose but I didn't think it'd just fall out of my ear.

who's the saint you pray to when you've lost something? well i'll be doing that now Sad
IP Logged

all I can do is try not to screw this up again
and just be friends
i'd rather be dead
~the marvelous 3

you say it's a good thing
that you float in the air....
~weezer
GlitteringGoo
Goo God

glittergoldjem
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #85 on: Jan 2nd, 2007, 1:24pm »

on Jan 2nd, 2007, 5:41am, iris3732 wrote:

who's the saint you pray to when you've lost something? well i'll be doing that now Sad

Saint Anthony ...

Dear St. Anothony please come around something is lost and cannot be found.

i think that's how it goes, i'm always asking him for help lol to find stuff
IP Logged

www.myspace.com/starontherisexoxo
www.twitter.com/glitteringgoo
www.facebook.com/BULoveIt07 (I may not come up so just PM me and we can find each other lol)
laurengoo
Goo God

a.k.a y2goo_4ever

y2goo4ever
View Profile Email

« Reply #86 on: Jan 2nd, 2007, 4:38pm »

on Jan 1st, 2007, 10:20pm, partygoober wrote:
that made me litterally lol

hehe

thanks for the late night laugh.....

~Kristyn~

Grin Glad I could make your night. Tongue
IP Logged

iris3732
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #87 on: Jan 3rd, 2007, 6:29am »

Oh thank you, Saint Anthony! Found my earring!

IP Logged

and just be friends
i'd rather be dead
~the marvelous 3

~weezer
laurengoo
Goo God

a.k.a y2goo_4ever

y2goo4ever
View Profile Email

« Reply #88 on: Jan 3rd, 2007, 5:58pm »

on Jan 3rd, 2007, 6:29am, iris3732 wrote:
Oh thank you, Saint Anthony! Found my earring!

I think my mom has a necklace of Saint Anthony somewhere.  

In my house, he usually makes himself comfy! Wink
IP Logged

iris3732
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #89 on: Jan 5th, 2007, 11:15pm »

Please, 20-somethings and others, I need to vent about men. It's gonna be long but I gotta get it off my chest.

Let me tell you this bullshit I just experienced.

3 weeks ago, I met a dude at a bar; we'll call him Steve. I was with my friend Beth and he was with his friend Tom. Beth and Tom start talking and Steve and I were talking the whole night.

He's 25, I'm 24; thought it was a good match. He was really sweet, called me a couple of days later and we planned a date. After THAT date he called me a few days later and we went out to lunch.  

I invited him to a party I was having a few days later at my apt. Things are going great right? Well, except for the fact that he had never tried to kiss me, which I though was odd especially since we'd been hanging out a lot. But, as stupid as this sounds, I thought he was waiting for the right time or something.

Anyway, after he came to my apt I don't hear from him for a week. I'm like, whatever, he's not into me. So I delete him from my cell and stuff. Tonight he calls and says, "Hey, a bunch of us are downtown; why don't you come meet us?" I said sure. He says to call him when I get down there.

Five minutes later his friend Tom calls me and says, "I wanted to personally apologize to you because I won't be able to come out tonight." I was like "whaaat...?" I said "uh, why are you calling me? Is Steve trying to set us up or something?" And Tom says, "No, no...uh, what are you doing tomorrow night? want me to give you a call?"

So I'm REALLY confused at this point. I mumbled something about "sure..yeah." Then I left to go downtown.

I call Steve and he ignores my calls. Finally he answers and says "Did you talk to Tom?" I told him I did and that he wasn't coming. Steve says, "Oh well then I don't know what to tell you. I'm going to a strip club with my ex and we're going to see lots of naked ladies and have fun."

what the HELL? I felt like someone punched me in the face. This came out of left field. Then he hangs up. I try calling him back to find out about the Tom business; he ignores my calls. Finally he answers and says, "This is Steve, I don't like you but Tom does so I told him to call you."

what the fuck. I didn't even TALK to Tom the first night I met Steve. Steve and I went out twice.

I try calling Steve one more time and his ex-girlfriend answers. She basically told me that Steve is one confused boy and changes his mind about things often. That's fine but don't fucking throw me to your friend.

So I just left a voicemail for Tom basically saying I don't know how there was a mixup; I'm sorry but I'm not interested; good luck with life.

I feel like a fool. Should I have seen this coming? I thought stuff like this stopped after grade school.
IP Logged

and just be friends
i'd rather be dead
~the marvelous 3

~weezer
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11  ...  22 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]