Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « The 20-somethings Club »

The World of Goo Boards
   Off Topic Board
   Off Topic Board
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   The 20-somethings Club
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13  ...  22 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: The 20-somethings Club  (Read 80933 times)
GlitteringGoo
Goo God

glittergoldjem
View Profile WWW Email

Re: The 20-somethings Club
« Reply #100 on: Jan 9th, 2007, 4:13pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Jan 8th, 2007, 9:02pm, iris3732 wrote:

but DAMN. Do all the wackos have to flock to me?

oh i know the feeling! when my friends and i go out we always have a "wacko/weirdo" escape route. it happened last week as a matter of fact. thankfully the place we were at had two floors so we disappeared upstairs for awhile and when we came back down he was leaving. my big thing is when you're so obviously not into a guy at the bar/club and they just won't give up. that's a huge turn off!
IP Logged

www.myspace.com/starontherisexoxo
www.twitter.com/glitteringgoo
www.facebook.com/BULoveIt07 (I may not come up so just PM me and we can find each other lol)
rzezniksangel
Goo God

rzezniksangel
View Profile

« Reply #101 on: Jan 9th, 2007, 8:25pm »

Christian, I hope you don't think we were attacking you!  We're just baffled at the behavior of said "boys", and are trying to figure out why that happens so often in our age group...that's all.  

Ugh, and I don't miss having to avoid the whacko/wierdo guys.  That was probably the worst part of bar hopping with the girls.  One of my friends in college and I bought matching silver rings and used to tell the guys that bothered us that we were "together" to get them to leave us alone.  The only problem with that was that some of them liked that idea....and that was when it paid off to be-friend the bouncers!  Grin
IP Logged
Christian
I'm Addicted

The Infernal Bridegroom

View Profile Email

« Reply #102 on: Jan 10th, 2007, 1:32am »

Oh, right. Ahem. My face is red. Anyway.  

I think it has to do with our generation and the culture which we've been exposed to. A lot of guys seem to have it in their head that Friends is an example of pristine dating exercises.  Roll Eyes

I can't really comment on bars, seeing as how I've never been to one. I can only imagine the kind of people.  :kookoo: (Lord I love that guy)

Come to think of it, I can't really comment on anything to do with dating seeing as how I rarely ever go on dates. Painfully shy and all that.
« Last Edit: Jan 10th, 2007, 1:52am by Christian » IP Logged

And all the perfume rare, now buried in the shade
GlitteringGoo
Goo God

glittergoldjem
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #103 on: Jan 10th, 2007, 7:08am »

on Jan 9th, 2007, 8:25pm, rzezniksangel wrote:
One of my friends in college and I bought matching silver rings and used to tell the guys that bothered us that we were "together" to get them to leave us alone.  The only problem with that was that some of them liked that idea....and that was when it paid off to be-friend the bouncers!  Grin

i always wear a diamond band on my left hand. i know that's my wedding ring finger but i just like the band on that hand better. anyway when i'm out if a guy won't let up i turn it around to the non-diamond part and flash my hand in their face and they are like "oh sorry." my girls and i will dance with each other a lot too if creeps are out so it gives the illusion we may be together haha. my one guy friend can't go out with us anymore do to DUI charges (stupid he was for getting that) but when he could go out he was sorta my safety. we often just appeared to be together so no girls would bother him and no guys would bother me. hahaha aahhh the tricks of the trade haha.
IP Logged

www.myspace.com/starontherisexoxo
www.twitter.com/glitteringgoo
www.facebook.com/BULoveIt07 (I may not come up so just PM me and we can find each other lol)
partygoober
Goo God

~Philly Girl~                               savvy?

View Profile WWW

« Reply #104 on: Jan 18th, 2007, 6:31am »

my 20 year old love life vent

to make the longest story (that i actually told last night to a friend) extremely short....me and my current boyfriend have been dating for 8 months now after a 3 year "relationship" type esque situation...

during anytime before that we had been seeing eachother...but he was also seeing others too....

well back in march we were kinda official, but it was an open relationship (til may when we become exclusive) b/c i was away at school....

i was understood that during these 2 months we were allowed to see others, but we both didn't however.....or so i thought

as i'm saying this last night isee the smirk on his face...and say "right...." and he's like maybe...and so i say who

he tells me....and i had suspected it then but he would tell me no...this girl jamie at his school...who apparently helped him move out....

now i understand he's alloewd to see people....but i was underthe impression that an open reltionship you would tell the other and vice versa

and...after a difficult 2 1/2 years already he had told me in march that he did love me (and i know he as serious...you just might not understand and thats ok)....it just really hurt me b/c yes he's done all this stuff before but not when he's had all these strong feelings for me

so how can you do that to someone you love....and then tell me about it 8 months later, and not expect me to get pissed off.

nuigharfp@!!!!!

fucking boys....

~Kristyn~
« Last Edit: Jan 18th, 2007, 6:32am by partygoober » IP Logged

*~*WOG BITCH*~*

"What, do you all know each other or something?" Johnny during slide 8/27

I left my heart in Buffalo, NY

Yeah baby there's a villain in me. So sexy, sour, and sweet, and you'll be loving it.

SUPER BITCH.
iris3732
Goo God

I can feel it like a curse.

View Profile

« Reply #105 on: Jan 18th, 2007, 8:35am »

Aw, PG, I'm sorry that happened. Seems like I have been hearing nothing but bad boy stories lately Sad

I also thought an open relationship meant each person was aware of who the other was dating....sucks that you spent essentially 3 years of your time with this guy when there are others out there.

IP Logged

all I can do is try not to screw this up again
and just be friends
i'd rather be dead
~the marvelous 3

you say it's a good thing
that you float in the air....
~weezer
Christian
I'm Addicted

The Infernal Bridegroom

View Profile Email

« Reply #106 on: Jan 18th, 2007, 2:48pm »

I'd like to think heartbreak is exclusive to your 20's but I'm pretty sure it's universal. The solution? Eschew intimacy and all forms of it. "One cannot be betrayed if one has no people"  Cool

(Lord I need to be less melodramatic)
IP Logged

laurengoo
Goo God

a.k.a y2goo_4ever

y2goo4ever
View Profile Email

« Reply #107 on: Jan 18th, 2007, 8:23pm »

on Jan 18th, 2007, 2:48pm, Christian wrote:
I'd like to think heartbreak is exclusive to your 20's but I'm pretty sure it's universal. The solution? Eschew intimacy and all forms of it. "One cannot be betrayed if one has no people"  Cool

(Lord I need to be less melodramatic)

I'm not looking for a relationship right now, but if I meet someone I'm not going to not pursue it....lol I'm sort of waiting for the relationship to come to me.. Smiley

But boys are real trouble them boys!! *shakes fist* lol... Tongue
IP Logged

made by: Hysteria
Christian
I'm Addicted

The Infernal Bridegroom

View Profile Email

« Reply #108 on: Jan 18th, 2007, 9:09pm »

Damn straight I'm trouble.  Cool
IP Logged

partygoober
Goo God

~Philly Girl~                               savvy?

View Profile WWW

« Reply #109 on: Jan 20th, 2007, 6:48pm »

thanks for the imput guys...me and the boy talked it out....i guess it's in the past and i just have to move on...no big deal....no time to be sad about it when we can celebrate and be happy that we've been official for 8 months today Smiley
IP Logged

*~*WOG BITCH*~*

"What, do you all know each other or something?" Johnny during slide 8/27

I left my heart in Buffalo, NY

Yeah baby there's a villain in me. So sexy, sour, and sweet, and you'll be loving it.

SUPER BITCH.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13  ...  22 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]