Cure House Page Update
"Official Press Release"
we came up with the idea for the site playing around with the phrase
'home page'. we had all been living together for about a year making
wild mood swings in a big old house in the west of england, and we
just thought why not make it like it really is, and call it our
'house page'? so we started to work out what rooms we'd need...
obviously each band member would have their own room which would be
descriptive and personal, and there would be common areas like
hallways and a kitchen, a lounge and a bathroom... once we'd thought
of all the more obvious rooms, the stranger ones came up; a dungeon
for people and things we hate, an observatory with astronomical
up-dates and links, a conservatory where browsers can chat to each
other (and sometimes members of the band). other rooms began to take
shape; the library/control room, where all the archives are kept, and
sound files for each of the albums. robert is also working on writing
a bit about each of the songs and what they mean to him. we'll also
put in all the lyrics, and we're working on tablature and midi files
for the whole repertoire! the kitchen is the 'news' room (as it is in
real life) and hopefully here we'll be able to keep everyone up to
date on what's going on and what's coming up. browsers should be able
to order concert tickets direct from here.
our aim is to keep the house as personal as possible, and to that end
we are doing all the designing ourselves. we also want to make it a
place you'll want to come back to, and so we're going to try to keep
adding and changing stuff all the time. we're hoping to open the site
with a few exclusives: while we were in brazil earlier this year we
filmed a lot, and robert has edited together and 'alternative' video
for 'mint car'; the house will be the only place you can see it.
there will also be an exclusive on-line interview... there will be
hours of unreleased music - demo's, rough mixes, jams! - and hundreds
of unseen pictures that will gradually be made available, another idea
we've had is the 'on tour' viewcam; if the lights is on in the lounge
window you'll know that we've got our viewcam on... with cu-seeme
software you'll fell like you're with us onstage/backstage or maybe
even in the bar!
the house will gradually grow and rooms will be added to the basic
thirty or so that it will open up with. it will be a learning
experience for everyone involved; the more we all get to know the
house, the more fun we're sure we'll have!
we are opening the door on july 1st..........
description of rooms.
and hopefully at some point we can get a garden.....
- the home page has a picture of the house with two entry points and
some introductory text. one entry point is through the door (!) and
the other through robert's window, the door leads to the
hallway, roberts window leads to robert's view and the observatory.
- 'on tour' view cam:
- when the light is on in the lounge window our viewcam is on.
(when our black van is 'parked' in front of the house, it indicates
that a member of the group is in the conservatory).
- robert's view:
- image of a view from robert's window and stuff about the stars etc!
- this is the main hub of the house and gives access to the upstairs and
downstairs hallways and the library/control room, the kitchen, the
lounge and the bathroom.
- upstairs hallway:
- the hallway has six doorways, five leading to band personal rooms, one
leading to the guest room.
- personal rooms:
- each band member has his own personal room in which he does anything
he wants! some rooms may have other rooms or cupboards attached to
them to take the browser elsewhere...
- guest room:
- where invited guests can stay and tell stories etc!
- downstairs hallway:
- three doors leading to the dungeon, the skeleton cupboard and underthestairs.
- a horrible place for horrible people and things....
- a place for weird stuff!
- skeleton cupboard:
- this contains informal biographies of ex-members by current members;
porl by teddy, boris by roger etc. it will also have 'where are they
now' information, and maybe a few 'skeletons'.......
- library/control room:
- this will contain links featuring each of the albums with
(eventually!) notes by robert on all the songs. it will also include
streaming audio sound files of clips from all the albums with links to
the cd-now page so albums can be ordered direct from the net. there
will be lyrics, and hopefully notes about cure recordings by various
engineers/producers. there will be archive photos, ongoing progress
with the new official biography, and a link to the music room.
- music room:
- to include tablature and midi files and notes on gear and equipment
and other tech stuff.
- an area where browsers can leave their thoughts and suggestions in the
form of graffiti on the tiled walls.....
- images of a sound system and a television, click on the stereo to hear
rare/unreleased/live music, click on the tv to see new and old videos
('mint car' exclusive edit). link to the photo album.
- photo album:
- the 'news' room; access to 'cure tour96', and news
- cure tour 96;
- information on the tour, with links to dates and stage
- a room of information about the 'tech 'side of the tour. stage design,
equipment, personnel etc.
- all the shows and ticket information, with direct link to ticketmaster?.
- this room is the chat room; it will be within sonicnet, and will be up
all the time for browsers to chat to each other. when the black van
is parked in front of the house, someone from the band is in the
not all of these rooms will be online at the beginning and you can
expect a couple of new ones each week.....
Last Revised: Monday, 15-May-2006 14:59:53 CDT
maintained by: Verdugo