Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Re: Better late than never »

The World of Goo Boards
   Off Topic Board
   Archived Concert Review and Fan Pictures Forum
(Moderators: Shannon, MFC, Adela)
   Re: Better late than never
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Re: Better late than never  (Read 6008 times)
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« on: Jul 19th, 2007, 10:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Thanks for the review.  You had quite the busy day!  Cheesy

Your picture is very nice and I love Korel's shirt a whole lot.  Cheesy
IP Logged
collegeunm
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #1 on: Jul 19th, 2007, 11:56pm »

GREAT review..........I loved reading it..........its the best review of that concert that I have read...
IP Logged
AnGeLsFaLL
Goo God

Woah, I can't believe I believed it this time...

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jul 20th, 2007, 1:47am »

Great review! LOVED the video! lol
IP Logged

Me 2 Greg: Can I get your autograph?
Greg: Myne?
Me: Um Yeah!
Mike: Oh so you don't want MY autograph?!
Me: OMG YES I DO!
-8-22-03-I didn't even see him there!

tkc1989
Goo God

~...Tonight's the night the world begins again...~

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jul 20th, 2007, 7:46am »

Awesome review, Annie! Got me all psyched up for the London show now  Grin Grin Grin Albeit on results day CrySO if my results are terrible then the guys better play their arses off to cheer me up lol PLUS I love your M&G photo, that's one of the best I've seen! No red eye Shocked
« Last Edit: Jul 20th, 2007, 12:21pm by tkc1989 » IP Logged

Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Jul 20th, 2007, 11:06am »

What a great review Annie! I'm so glad you like posting here. I love all the details in your review. Your security Mike dialogue had me laughing so hard. And, I know what you mean about his presence. I was at the rail at a show in spring and he kept asking me if I was taking video....at least 3 times. What!?!  Shocked Does he think I'm crazy to do it right in front of him? After asking repeatedly he just planted himself in front of me for the rest of the show. I don't think he realizes the affect he has.  Cool

Your m & G photo is by far one of the best I've seen.
« Last Edit: Jul 20th, 2007, 11:08am by Shannon » IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

ChickenCookie
I'm Addicted

When he takes me in his arms I see la vie en rose.

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Jul 20th, 2007, 12:57pm »

Thanks for that review, Annie, and welcome to the board!  That was a terrific review, full of lots of detail just like we like 'em!  The pictures are great too!  Cool
IP Logged
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Jul 20th, 2007, 6:40pm »

Oh....I've met him several times so he wasn't being mean really. He just has an intimidating aura about him. I was actually talking to him about his University of Michigan lanyard strap. I'm an alum so I was asking him about it in the middle of the show....lol. But does he really think I'm that nuts to be taking blatant videos right in front of him? I think not. I'm just not much of a rule breaker.
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

Saz_Goo
Goo God

If I could paint in harmony... :D

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: Jul 21st, 2007, 5:12pm »

Awesome review Annie! I'm dead impressed you kept all the details for a review, my brain was just enjoying the whole thing too much to actually keep track of ANYTHING. Tongue

on Jul 19th, 2007, 8:14pm, Annie wrote:

Oh and I forgot to mention. I had a meet and greet. Oh yes. And I was more scared than the time I went skydiving. And the meet and greet last year in London. Maybe it was because I was giving them gifts this time…but feel free to ask Saz to enlighten you on how petrified I was…..she only knows too well…

Yes, she was absolutely terrified...to the point of not really being able to talk much beforehand. Tongue I, being an amazingly *ahem* sympathetic person, found it highly amusing, cos normally you can't shut Annie up... Wink

I got a Meet and Greet for the Manchester concert, the next day. So I thought I'd post up my pic from that here too.... I panicked beforehand, because Annie has got them great gifts at Sheffield and I wanted to give them something too. However, I'm studying a post-grad degree at the moment and money's tight, so I did the next best thing.... and drew some very hasty and rather terrible cartoons. So, here's Robby's cartoon - because he rocks, plain and simple.  

Then Mike, and my brain was just not working so I was thinking of Animal from the Muppets, and his mad drumming one time....

And then John, and because I'd been taking the mickey out of John's new poses with the guitar, and his new-found love of just singing when he should be playing, I made this one for him.... it says "JOHN - THE LOVESONG POSE"

I think they were a little bemused when I gave the cartoons to them (they were done on big envelopes too, classy eh??), or rather, John was a bit confused by it, although he did laugh too.  
Then, because I've been on crutches for about 5 years now, I thought it would be fun to do something with them for the photo, so I asked them to pose with them like they were guns. Obviously neither Johnny or Robby has ever done this before, because they really had no clue what I meant at first. (And here, every guy I know has ALWAYS used them like they were really big machine guns from the moment they see them...Tongue) So here's the pic:

(ETA: Link as the pic's not showing up..  http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y187/fourdaysinfeb/sazwithgoo2007_small .jpg
)
And then we went off for the awesome concert, which I'm sure Annie will write about far better than I could ever do in due time. Wink

So looking forward to London now! We'll see you there, Tim! Good luck with your A-Level results, I hope you'll be feeling like celebrating by the time the Goos come out and play. Grin
« Last Edit: Jul 21st, 2007, 5:14pm by Saz_Goo » IP Logged

Visit here to see all my animations --->http://www.sarahhale.co.uk

"Went to sleep at home and woke up in a shed..." ~ Out Of The Red
jetskiters
Dizzy

jetskiters   jetskiters
View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Jul 22nd, 2007, 5:24am »

thanks for sharing annie! love korel's shirt! :nanner:

annie and saz, both your m&g pics are great! and lovin' your drawings saz! glad you guys had a great time
IP Logged
tkc1989
Goo God

~...Tonight's the night the world begins again...~

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Jul 22nd, 2007, 6:49am »

on Jul 20th, 2007, 5:57pm, Annie wrote:

Omg that's a levels right??

I get my GCSES on the 23rd, but I thought it was on the 16th so I was thinking, crraaaaaaaaappp.

I'm sure you'll do fine.

Yeah, it's A-Levels  Cry I'm so scared lol Hope your GCSE's go well for you Cheesy
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]