Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Wilkes Barre Review! »

The World of Goo Boards
   Off Topic Board
   Archived Concert Review and Fan Pictures Forum
(Moderators: Shannon, MFC, Adela)
   Wilkes Barre Review!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Wilkes Barre Review!  (Read 1404 times)
GlitteringGoo
Goo God

glittergoldjem
View Profile WWW Email

Wilkes Barre Review!
« on: Feb 4th, 2007, 1:11am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

It's always a super fun night when the Goo's play the Kirby Center. I had the pleasure of being there 5 years ago too and that was the night I first met the guys so returning tonight I knew would be another unforgetable time. The only downside of the night was a yuppie wannabe 'Goo fan' who was on her cell bragging to her kids about meeting the Goo's at a meet and greet. This is what the lady said "the one that looks like a puppy he was nice but the lead singer Johnny whatever his name is Rzeznik was not nice at all." Sure the guys can have a bad day and maybe not be nice but it just pissed me off that she didn't know who they even were and made a judgement on them. It also annoyed me that someone like her got to meet them when there's so many other more appercitive fans. ANYWAY The show was amazing! John started playing one song and he's like "Hmm that sounded like a Lisa Loeb song. I love Lisa Loeb, I want her ssssssssssoooo bad. I just want to see her with her glasses off ... like on the night stand." haha it was too funny. Then when he started to play Can't Let It Go, he's like "I'm still not sure of this song, it kinda sounds like a cowboy song." Robby rocked I was so thrilled he did Burnin Up. The guys were so energetic and talkative, I'm so glad they picked Wilkes Barre to kick off this tour.  

Here's the setlist ...

dizzy, slide, big machine, black balloon, feel the silence, january friend, tucked away, name, broadway, become, stay with you, here is gone, burnin up, can't let it go, we'll be here (when you're gone), better days, iris, let love in ENCORE acoustic #3, naked and give a lil bit

i didn't win a meet and greet so i stayed outside in the about -10 degree weather til midnight and got to quickly say hi, thank you and bye to John and Robby as they got on the tour bus which was super nice. I so needed a good night and tonight hit the spot and then some!

I took over 200 pictures and a couple videos, I'll post them as soon as I can!  

~Heather
IP Logged

www.myspace.com/starontherisexoxo
www.twitter.com/glitteringgoo
www.facebook.com/BULoveIt07 (I may not come up so just PM me and we can find each other lol)
Nicole
Goo God

View Profile

Re: Wilkes Barre Review!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 4th, 2007, 8:46am »

Thanks for the review! It must have been a great night. I like the new set list better than the one they used for the winter tour, probably because they're playing Dizzy, Can't Let it Go, and Here is Gone.  Grin
I can't wait to see the pictures.
IP Logged
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 4th, 2007, 9:51am »

Now that's a setlist! Dizzy, Big Machine, Here is Gone, Can't Let it Go, Acoustic #3 ..... I'm in heaven! I can't wait for my shows in March :nanner: :nanner:

Thanks so much for posting your review Heather. I'm so glad you had a good night too.
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

Kaye1122
Naked

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Feb 4th, 2007, 10:32am »

Heather! Great review. I love John's sense of humor. Can't wait to see your pics and vids..

Kaye
IP Logged
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Feb 4th, 2007, 10:51am »

Thanks for the review.   Glad to hear they sounded good and EXTREMELY happy to see the setlist has been lengthened.  I love the Lisa Loeb comment.

I hesitate to say it, but the setlist isn't that awesome to me.  Improvement over the last one?  YES!  But compared to the past ones, no.  Same number of LLI songs as the past tour (too many).  And it's a funny thing to say, but they have too many singles to play them all.  Aside from Robby songs and LLI songs, there is only one non-single - Acoustic #3, which I'll admit right now doesn't really excite me all that much.  They really really need to add something more from ABNG or SSCW and switch out a single or 2 (I personally never have to hear GALB ever again).  The casual fans wouldn't notice a single or two missing and the fans who have heard the singles 385638 times would all be soooo happy to hear something a little less common.

Or maybe it's just me and I'll never be happy.  That could be the case...
IP Logged
zomg
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Feb 4th, 2007, 11:13am »

At least it's 21 songs this time. Smiley
IP Logged
carlyn
Goo God

You drown in deeper oceans Inventing new religions

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Feb 4th, 2007, 12:58pm »

I love the new setlist!!!  I'm so excited to see them in March now!!
IP Logged
goober_1013
Goo God

House, MD

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: Feb 4th, 2007, 5:06pm »

whoo-hoo!!

thanks for the review, sounds like a great time was had by all!  and the new setlist?  whoo-hoo again!

my concert is friday, hopefully they've still got some of that energy. . . Grin
IP Logged

UPDATED July 10th, 2006
www.members.tripod.com/deepfriedboot

Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: Feb 4th, 2007, 5:54pm »

Quote:
Then when he started to play Can't Let It Go, he's like "I'm still not sure of this song, it kinda sounds like a cowboy song."

That's funny to me because I don't think it sounds like a cowboy/country song at all. If anything it reminds me of Always Know Where You Are. It's got the same groove. It's one of my favorites on LLI.....I even have it as a ringtone. I couldn't be happier it's in the rotation. :jammin:
« Last Edit: Feb 4th, 2007, 5:58pm by Shannon » IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Feb 4th, 2007, 8:37pm »

on Feb 4th, 2007, 11:22am, Drew wrote:

Do they do a regular setlist at college performances or shorter ones? I wonder what they'll play at Sacred Heart.

In the past the college shows have not been treated any different than regular shows.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]