Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « London, Ontario review! »

The World of Goo Boards
   Off Topic Board
   Archived Concert Review and Fan Pictures Forum
(Moderators: Shannon, MFC, Adela)
   London, Ontario review!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: London, Ontario review!  (Read 3689 times)
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

Re: London, Ontario review!
« Reply #10 on: Nov 16th, 2006, 2:41pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have 45 minutes of battery left.  Can I write a review?

I got to London with only tiny disasters.  I took a little ten mile detour accidentally and pissed off some Canadians with my lost driving in downtown London.  Fortunately, NYS license plates generally mean no one gives you too much crap since everyone thinks New Yorkers carry guns at all times...

It was reasonable weather for the middle of November.  Chilly enough for gloves, but I only wore a sweatshirt and was outside for about 3 hours.  There was a little rain but we had a nice covering.  The wait wasn't painful at all.

Met up with Shannon and Terri, and then later Lauren and Tara came.  And we made friends with the women behind us, so it was a nice little group and time passed pretty quickly.  Unfortunately, no superpowers wer activated when the red o, yellow o, white o, and teal o all met up.  Apparently there has to be at least 5 o's for the powers to activate...  Cheesy

Went inside as described.  I got lucky and passed a bunch of the people in front of us so we got a beautiful spot on the rail in the center, just left of John.  It was amusing when Shannon and I wondered why the microphone was so far away and then one of the crew guys went and plopped a microphone right in front of us!  The crowd was pretty polite as far as there wasn't too much pushing or fighting.  I had more strangers touching my ass though... I hope the screamers behind me who screamed ALL NIGHT have very sore throats today.  

Anyways... show... Tomi Swick opened and I loved his set.  He was adorable in a pale Irish sort of way.  Cheesy  And if you're seeing him soon, watch the keyboardist.  He's really cute when he plays.  I knew a bunch of Tomi Swick's songs, but he's sort of like the Goos in so much as his live show is heavier than the recorded versions.  Definitely a good opener for the Goos.

Goos... Great as usual.  I know I've been pretty loud mouthed about hating the new album and hating the setlist and generally spewing forth hatred about everything, but I don't deny they're really great live.  I'm not sure I like the new Naked intro, but they played Naked, so I don't really care that much about the intro!  I was also happy to hear Name, as they didn't play it at the show I attended this summer.

The banter... A+.  I expected the usual 'marry a Canadian, Bush is a whacko' talk, but we got none of that.  Instead John took a sign from the audience that had "I "heart" polish sausage" on one side and some abstract drawing on the other.  He remarked on the mental state of the artist and then made comments about how there'd be 1000 pictures on the internet the next day of him holding the polish sausage sign.  And then he decided to make it worse for himself by displaying the sign and posing very suggestively with a microphone, as you know, figure it out for yourselves.  He posed for a good 5 seconds, so that picture is out there and I want it! Cheesy  After switching guitars 3 or 4 songs in, John announced Damage had informed him his fly had been down.  He said it would be reflected in Damage's paycheck.  He got paranoid and checked his zipper throughout the night. (I swear that his fly was down at another show I went to.  This seems to be an ongoing problem  Cheesy ) Robby talked about how the last time they were in London it was his birthday and John let him play his guitar.  He apparently didn't do a very good job... John also made comments about how cliche the "how is everyone tonight?" line is, even though he uses it every night, and how no one ever really answers "Today fucking sucked".

The setlist is as posted above, the usual.  John accidentally said that the next song they were going to play was Let Love In when they were actually about to play Feel the Silence.  It was funny when the rest of the band was kind of like "uh... what are you talking about?" and John laughed and corrected himself.

It was a fun show, I got my front row spot so I never have to again, and of course I loved meeting (or re-meeting) the WOG people there!

Left the venue and it was raining.  Managed to get back on the main highway via a road I swear didn't exist earlier that day.  No major disasters on the way home.  Just yucky rain and I accidentally flung half a cracker somewhere in my backseat.  I should probably go find it...
« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2006, 2:49pm by nmf016 » IP Logged
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #11 on: Nov 16th, 2006, 3:16pm »

HOLY COW  Shocked Your pics are amazing. It's funny how we were standing next to each other and our pics are very different.

I just finished resizing and watermarking mine. Hopefully they'll be up soon.
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

zomg
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Nov 16th, 2006, 3:28pm »

Awesome review!! Smiley
IP Logged
laurengoo
Goo God

a.k.a y2goo_4ever

y2goo4ever
View Profile Email

« Reply #13 on: Nov 16th, 2006, 3:33pm »

I'm home!!!

Man was it rainy today, my hair is a mess.

Amazing spots you guys had! Thanks for waving! We were looking for you too, squinting.

Amazing pictures Nicole.  It was so nice to finally meet you guys.

Our seats in 208 were more than amazing. I had such a great view, I haven't uploaded my pictures yet, alas I didn't get a picture of the Polish Sausage  Sign either. Cry

FIRST TIME AT A GOO CONCERT WHERE HE PLAYED NAKED!!!! I WAS SCREAMING LOUD. I hardly had a voice this morning.

Tara and I were watching you guys leave the theatre and tried waving and calling your names!! But you couldn't hear us!
IP Logged

made by: Hysteria
Nicole
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Nov 16th, 2006, 4:52pm »

Wow great reviews!  

My concert is the day after thanksgiving, the venue is only about 1/2 and hours drive, the show starts at 7:30 so I'm planning on leaving around 4:30ish.  
Is the same band opening for all their shows this month?
IP Logged
ashleylovesgoo
Up, Up, Up

you're the closest to heaven that i'll ever be..

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: Nov 16th, 2006, 5:21pm »

Shannon!!! I was 2nd row right infront of John's mic!!! We probably saw eachother and didn't even know it! LOL

Amazing pictures you got.. I have pretty much the same kind.. very invading personal space!!! hahaha, but hey! he was RIGHT THERE.. how could I not take 144 pictures?! ..yes, 144!! LOL plus video!!!!

OH! and I DO have Polish Sausage pictures!!! I'll post them ASAP!!!
« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2006, 5:22pm by ashleylovesgoo » IP Logged

Peace.Love.Goo

ashleylovesgoo
Up, Up, Up

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: Nov 16th, 2006, 5:27pm »

ENJOY!  
[img][/img]
« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2006, 5:27pm by ashleylovesgoo » IP Logged

Peace.Love.Goo

Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #17 on: Nov 16th, 2006, 5:27pm »

on Nov 16th, 2006, 5:21pm, ashleylovesgoo wrote:
Shannon!!! I was 2nd row right infront of John's mic!!! We probably saw eachother and didn't even know it! LOL

Amazing pictures you got.. I have pretty much the same kind.. very invading personal space!!! hahaha, but hey! he was RIGHT THERE.. how could I not take 144 pictures?! ..yes, 144!! LOL plus video!!!!

OH! and I DO have Polish Sausage pictures!!! I'll post them ASAP!!!

I was the very short person with brown curly hair wearing the brown hoodie sweater. You were probably right behind me.
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

laurengoo
Goo God

a.k.a y2goo_4ever

y2goo4ever
View Profile Email

« Reply #18 on: Nov 16th, 2006, 5:29pm »

on Nov 16th, 2006, 5:27pm, ashleylovesgoo wrote:
ENJOY!  
[img][/img]

HOLYCRAPYOUGOTIT!
IP Logged

made by: Hysteria
ashleylovesgoo
Up, Up, Up

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: Nov 16th, 2006, 5:30pm »

YEP I DID!!!! LOL

I was shaking soo much!! BUT I GOT IT!  Grin
IP Logged

Peace.Love.Goo

Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]