Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « London, Ontario review! »

The World of Goo Boards
   Off Topic Board
   Archived Concert Review and Fan Pictures Forum
(Moderators: Shannon, MFC, Adela)
   London, Ontario review!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  4 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: London, Ontario review!  (Read 3679 times)
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

London, Ontario review!
« on: Nov 16th, 2006, 12:20am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I just got home from the London show. What a night!!! Once Terri and I got there we met up with Nicole and eventually Lauren and her friend. It was so fun hanging out with you all. We also met Denise and her sister Lori. It was great meeting you both and hanging with you as well.

We managed to get dead center at the rail...just a hair to the left of John. Did I mention what a night? I've never been that close at a Goo show. It was AMAZING!!! I'm keeping this brief for now because I'm tired. I thought they were great tonight....very energized. They all looked like they were having a blast. John was witty and fun. He was chatty but it wasn't any of the usual stuff I've read about....I'm too tired to remember specifics right now. He did have an issue with his fly being open and Damage had to tell him. It was funny how he handled it. And, the rest of the night he kept checking to make sure he was zipped. After the show ended one of the crew guys gave me one of John's pics. I've never gotten a pic before so I was pretty happy about that too.

Nicole wrote down the setlist so I'll let her post it.

The opening act Tomi Swick...not sure if I spelled that right Huh..... he was great. I thoroughly enjoyed his set. Usually during an opening act I'm thinking get on with the main show but I really enjoyed him.

I took tons of pictures and because I was so close they look like they're going to be pretty great. I'll try to post some of them tomorrow afternoon when I have time.
« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2006, 1:36pm by Shannon » IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

Re: London, Ontario review!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 16th, 2006, 12:31am »

Wow, not only did you beat me home, you wrote a review...  Geesh.  Cheesy

So yeah.  Front row center.  Now I never have to do GA again.  Ever.  Cheesy

My scribbled setlist:
Stay With You
Slide
Feel the Silence
Black Balloon
Smash
Tucked Away
Naked (!!! !!! !!!)
Name (!!! !!! !!!)
We'll Be Here (When You're Gone)
Iris
Broadway
Without You Here
January Friend
Better Days
Become
GALB.

We put other crowds to shame with our black balloons.  To shame!  A+ to the person passing them out.  I assisted at least 2 to the stage.  Cheesy  

And my polish sausage/John deepthroating the mic picture didn't come out.  I fully expect to see one posted when I wake up tomorrow.  Apparently so does John...

Pictures, stories, etc coming soon...
IP Logged
LouAndNic
Goo God

Hold on, Dream Away...

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: Nov 16th, 2006, 5:50am »

Wow, it sounds like you had a fabulous time - so pleased for you  :nanner: :nanner:

Thanks to both of you for posting a review so quickly.
IP Logged

Please click on the banner and request Goo in the UK! Graphics by Lea (RogueUK)
Nicole
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Nov 16th, 2006, 5:50am »

Wow! Sounds like a great time! What is the secret for getting the rail at a GA show? How early do you have to get there?
IP Logged
zomg
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Nov 16th, 2006, 7:38am »

Wow ... glad you all had a great time at the show!! Grin Grin
Tomi Swick is amazing!!  Glad you enjoyed the opening act Shannon.  

I'm so psyched for my show tomorrow night.
I think I'm going to go crazy just waiting.

Looking forward to more pics, stories, etc.
IP Logged
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 16th, 2006, 11:32am »

on Nov 16th, 2006, 5:50am, The Purple O wrote:
Wow! Sounds like a great time! What is the secret for getting the rail at a GA show? How early do you have to get there?

We arrived at the venue about 2 hours before the show. It was chilly but manageable. It was strange because every GA show I've ever been to the lines are wrapped around the building. But this show there were maybe 20-50 waiting when the doors opened. We were one of the first ones in the building and pretty much had our pick of where to stand at the rail. Nicole got there first and saved me a spot. Thanks again Nicole....that was the BEST spot!! People just sort of trickled in all evening and by the time the show started the floor was pretty full.  

I'm am just exhausted today. I feel like I'm in a fog and just can't wake up. I'll get to my pictures later today. I can't wait to share them.

Nicole....I didn't get a picture of John deep throating the microphone. That was right when my camera was acting crazy. I accidently pushed the button that had it on a 10 second shutter delay. It took me a minute to figure out where the button was that I pushed but I figured it out. Needless to say I did miss that awesome photographic moment Sad
« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2006, 11:35am by Shannon » IP Logged

nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Nov 16th, 2006, 1:26pm »

on Nov 16th, 2006, 11:32am, Shannon wrote:

We arrived at the venue about 2 hours before the show. It was chilly but manageable. It was strange because every GA show I've ever been to the lines are wrapped around the building. But this show there were maybe 20-50 waiting when the doors opened. We were one of the first ones in the building and pretty much had our pick of where to stand at the rail. Nicole got there first and saved me a spot. Thanks again Nicole....that was the BEST spot!! People just sort of trickled in all evening and by the time the show started the floor was pretty full.  

I'm am just exhausted today. I feel like I'm in a fog and just can't wake up. I'll get to my pictures later today. I can't wait to share them.

Nicole....I didn't get a picture of John deep throating the microphone. That was right when my camera was acting crazy. I accidently pushed the button that had it on a 10 second shutter delay. It took me a minute to figure out where the button was that I pushed but I figured it out. Needless to say I did miss that awesome photographic moment Sad

GA was weird.  Granted, it was weird in a way that worked really well for us...  the venue was pretty empty until right before the Goos came on.  I'm sure the rain and Wednesday night date helped with that.

We also got lucky with the wristband lines.  There were two that had 5-7 people in them and one with only 1 person.  So I jumped out of a long line and pretty much got in before a lot of people ahead of me.  I was panicking when I had a beautiful spot on the rail and couldn't find either person who was supposed to be there with me!

I'm exhausted too.  I got up at 11, thinking "oh, if I'm late for my 12:30 class, whatever".  Then I realized there was a quiz and I don't have clean ironed pants for work tonight and I had to take a shower... I've been running around like crazy and I want to sleep.  Cheesy

I know you didn't get a mic picture.  Mine sucks.  But he posed SO long like that that one is bound to pop up.  And it will be my sig picture forever, because it was really funny.  He asked for it...

I took like 450000 pictures.  I'll post some right after I upload.  Not awesome, because I suck, but definitely the best I've ever gotten at a concert.
IP Logged
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Nov 16th, 2006, 1:32pm »

I'm uploading my pics right now.....stay tuned.
IP Logged

nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Nov 16th, 2006, 2:05pm »

Here ya go... Lots of John because, well, he was right there.  I feel like some of the pictures are invading his personal space.  Very little success with Robby because he moves too much!  And Mike a waaaaay back there and John was in the way (aww.  darn.)

Post mostly because his face is so weird.  It's like he was puffing up his cheeks for no apparent reason.

IP Logged
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Nov 16th, 2006, 2:08pm »

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  4 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]