Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « M&G, show and pics »

The World of Goo Boards
   Off Topic Board
   Archived Concert Review and Fan Pictures Forum
(Moderators: Shannon, MFC, Adela)
   M&G, show and pics
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  4 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: M&G, show and pics  (Read 4009 times)
ShanGooFan
Goo God

Goo Goo Dolls Rock!

View Profile

M&G, show and pics
« on: Jul 10th, 2005, 10:29pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Just got back from the big show today. It was exhausting sitting out in the heat all day. But it was Goo so it was worth it.

My friend and I arrived around noon to pick up our VIP pass to the Ford tent and meet the guy who would take us for the meet and greet. We decided to just stay up at the Ford tent since there was free food, drinks and bathrooms. These bathrooms ... port a potty's ... had hardwood floors and smelled like Cinnamon. It was by far the nicest port-a-john I've ever been in.  

After waiting all day the big M&G moment finally arrived. I was really nervous but once we got into the room above the clubhouse I just relaxed and was fine. There were only 10 of us. We had our pics taken in groups of two...we were paired as winner and guest. After security Mike gives us the low down on rules we waited in this small stuffy room for the guys to arrive. They were about 10 minutes late ... no big deal. The whole thing was really fast as there were only five groups. We were allowed 1 item to be signed. I hugged Robby and John. I had them sign SSCW as it's my favorite album. I apologized to Mike for that since he wasn't really involved with the creation of it. He was really cool and told me not to worry about it. Robby and Mike were very friendly and chatty. John was friendly but very reserved....seemed uncomfortable. He also sounded like he had a cold or sinus infection ... just not himself and that may be why he was so reserved. Then we had our pic taken by the radio station and were told to leave. It was all very fast. They then wisked the guys off in a golf cart to the stage.

Onto the show ... most of the WOGers and AGers were right down in front of the stage .... go Kari, Barb, Teri, Laura, Gail and Michelle and everyone else who was there. We decided to go back to the Ford tent and hang there since it was more shaded and I had my kids ... I was really worried they'd overheat down on the course .... it was so unbelievably friggin' HOT!!!!!!! They played Big Machine, Slide, Think About Me, Smash, Tucked Away, Black Balloon, Dizzy, Name, Cuz You're Gone w/ 1000 Words, Sympathy, January Friend, Here Is Gone, What A Scene, We Are the Normal, Broadway, Iris and Give A Little Bit.  

During Name John stopped half way through apologized to the crowd that he had to stop but he'd be back and took off running. He came back about 5 minutes later and apologized stating that he forgot to take care of some things before the show ... it was funny. So we got to hear Name almost twice. Sympathy he forgot the words to at the end and laughed through it. He then told everyone that those of us who have been long time fans know that that song is cursed and that next time he should have a telepromter so he can get it right. The highlight for me was hearing We Are The Normal. I've never heard that one live before so I was really excited about that. Those are the highlights of the day.  

I had the privilege to meet many WOGer and AGers Saturday night and we had such a great time meeting each other and hanging out. I really wanted to come find you all on the grass but I was so hot at that point I just couldn't do it.
IP Logged

~Shannon~

"Music means to me.. ah...breathing. It's a heartbeat, it's rythm and it's passion. It's therapy. It's .... breathing". ~Keith Urban~

ShanGooFan
Goo God

Goo Goo Dolls Rock!

View Profile

Re: M&G, show and pics
« Reply #1 on: Jul 10th, 2005, 10:34pm »

Here's some pictures from my view across the green. I only had my small zoomed digital because I didn't want to get caught with my good one. So these aren't close up but they're clear. My friend has some really good ones from the field that she'll probably share soon.

IP Logged

~Shannon~

"Music means to me.. ah...breathing. It's a heartbeat, it's rythm and it's passion. It's therapy. It's .... breathing". ~Keith Urban~

DreamAway22
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jul 10th, 2005, 10:35pm »

Ahhh!! Sounds like a great time! Congrats on meeting the band! Thanks for the pics!
« Last Edit: Jul 10th, 2005, 10:37pm by DreamAway22 » IP Logged

SuzieGoo
Goo God

I wanna wake up where Goo are!

mb20suz
View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: Jul 10th, 2005, 10:35pm »

Aww. YAY!!!  Great review. Thanks for zipping on back over here and giving us the scoop!   Grin

Sounds like a good time....We Are The Normal makes me cry when I hear it...especially live.  I can remember getting goose bumps when I heard it in Vegas....so I completely agree with you.  And Name is my very favorite song of ALL songs (not just Goo songs)!!  So to hear it twice would be heaven.

I am glad you had a good time.  I am sure you are still on that Live Goo High.   :drama:

Thanks again,

~ Suz

**edit**  WHOA!!  Pictures showed up while I was replying.    
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
« Last Edit: Jul 10th, 2005, 10:36pm by SuzieGoo » IP Logged

"Screw this rain..."

~ John ~ Robby! (Buffalo - July 4th)
MethodInMadness
I'm Addicted

Little p i e c e s of the nothing that fall

SacSpider
View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jul 10th, 2005, 10:54pm »

Ohhhhh! Nice review! I'm glad you had a good time!
IP Logged

-Grace-
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Jul 10th, 2005, 10:57pm »

Yay!  Glad you had a good time and that everything went well.  And thanks for sharing pictures (so quickly!)

on Jul 10th, 2005, 10:29pm, ShanGooFan wrote:
The highlight for me was hearing We Are The Normal. I've never heard that one live before so I was really excited about that.

Are you sure about that?  I could swear they played WATN at the private show last summer...  maybe I'm crazy.  Cheesy
IP Logged
ShanGooFan
Goo God

Goo Goo Dolls Rock!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Jul 10th, 2005, 11:00pm »

You know meeting the guys and seeing the show is always great. But really the best part is meeting up with all the fans from here and AG. I honestly had so much fun at our get together on Saturday night. It was so nice to really get to know the people I talk with on here almost every day. Music just brings people together and that's the best part of all.
IP Logged

~Shannon~

ShanGooFan
Goo God

Goo Goo Dolls Rock!

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Jul 10th, 2005, 11:01pm »

on Jul 10th, 2005, 10:57pm, nmf016 wrote:
Yay!  Glad you had a good time and that everything went well.  And thanks for sharing pictures (so quickly!)

Are you sure about that?  I could swear they played WATN at the private show last summer...  maybe I'm crazy.  Cheesy

I don't think they played it at the Private Show ... they played it for LIB but I couldn't go to that so I missed it...I don't know maybe I'm wrong. I could have sworn they didn't play it because I was disappointed. Of course I could be just losing my mind ... lol
« Last Edit: Jul 10th, 2005, 11:03pm by ShanGooFan » IP Logged

~Shannon~

Skkyer
Dizzy

Just a Kiss Away

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Jul 11th, 2005, 8:36am »

The pictures are wonderful!  The writeup of the concert is really great.  Thank you for sharing all of this with us.  

Big Hugs!
IP Logged
Dream of Goo
I'm Addicted

'DreamAway'

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Jul 11th, 2005, 9:08am »

Hiya -
Thanks for sharing yr experience -  
looking at the pictures its kinda how i imagined them on the golf course - its looks realllly hot - i think i would have been so drunk on the hot weather - heheh - today in the uk the weather is reallt hot and it isnt that sunny here usually so u know make the most of it but its  tooo hot - hehe. Thanks again.
IP Logged

"I'm trying to picture some little girl who's favorite bands are like the Goo Goo Dolls and Savage Garden or 'N Sync goin 'Aw, that Johnny is so cute. I'm going to buy all his early records,' and putting it on and then screaming and running to her parents."~ Robby Takac

Pages: 1 2 3  4 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]