Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « John Rzeznik w/ LeAnn Rimes @ Oxygen »

The World of Goo Boards
   Off Topic Board
   Archived Concert Review and Fan Pictures Forum
(Moderators: Shannon, MFC, Adela)
   John Rzeznik w/ LeAnn Rimes @ Oxygen
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: John Rzeznik w/ LeAnn Rimes @ Oxygen  (Read 2346 times)
painted secrets
Naked

a tired song keeps playing on a tired radio

View Profile WWW

John Rzeznik w/ LeAnn Rimes @ Oxygen
« on: Aug 29th, 2004, 11:46am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I haven't been here in awhile, and I'm sure that this topic was up for awhile, but here's my review.

I actually didn't know about it until maybe a week prior. I was in the car with my Mom and PLJ started to talk about a LeAnn Rimes Custom Concert, and they said "with special guests including..." and for some reason I knew he was going to say someone I loved. It went on to be "Johnny Rzeznik, of the Goo Goo Dolls!" and I squealed. My Mom started to laugh at me and was like "RELAX, and call for tickets when you get home!!!" So I found the damn e-mail for Oxygen (from when I had e-mailed them for the Goo Goo Dolls concert) and sent in my request. I called my best friend and had her do the same. So all went well, and we ended up with 4 tickets. The show was to be filmed on June 22nd, which was my last day of school and only half day. My best friend and her guest ended up not being able to go, so me and my Dad went. We got there maybe an hour before the line was supposed to be let in, and there was like NO ONE on the line. It was insane. These were definitely not a Goo show haha. So they finally let us in after checking our names off the list and giving us tickets and wristbands and whatnot, and direct us inside into the room. I ran my ass up there and ended up maybe 2-3 rows back. THEN the directors and whatnot came up to us and said "I need the shortest people up here." That was the first time being short paid off for me (I'm only 5'1"). So this guy is scanning the crowd and looks at me and says "You! Come here..." and I was like "I LOVE YOU!" and he pulled me dead center. Right in front of where John and LeAnn would be. Needless to say I got giddy. My Dad was put 2 rows directly behind me, still with a perfect view. I had a clear view of the set list, so I was counting down with another fan behind me, until John was to come on. LeAnn was actually very good, and I was never a huge fan. Hearing "How Do I Live" brought back memories of when I was younger and it came out and I knew all the words and would sing it all the time. So John comes on and I start to shake (LOL) and they sing "Name". I'm all decked out in my John Rzeznik shirt that I made, and my Goo Goo Dolls DUTG Tour necklace, and LeAnn kept noticing that and smiling at me earlier. I also brought the picture I drew of him which I had been trying to get to him forever. In the middle of the song he glanced up, saw me holding the picture up, and smiled this HUGE smile while shaking his head as if to say "Wow", and it was the most amazing moment ever. You can see it if you watch the show too (I'm the girl in the green jacket -  you can see me frequently throughout the show). After the show, I gave the drawing and letter I wrote him, to a girl and her friend who I'd met, because she was supposed to go backstage (she had connections to LeAnn). We also figured he'd take 10 years to come out because they were probably hanging out, and we wouldn't see him outside. So then I'm like "Dad, we have to go wait for a little bit!" so he said he didn't have much energy, but we could wait for a bit, just not 5 hours. I swear, we get out there, and 10 minutes later I see the security getting all hyped up and pointing. The girl from American Idol had already come out, so I KNEW it had to be John. The door opens, and out steps his guitar tech and so I give my Dad my camera and scream "Wait, and get a picture of us!" and he's completely lost. Then, out walks John. He starts to sign something for a fan (there are very few people out there) and as he does so he looks over at me and yells "HEEEYYYY!!!!!!" and I was like "HEEEYYY!" and almost fell over. The fact that he remembered me was amazing. I think it was because my Dad was there too (he has an unforgettable look - he's a musician). So he walks over to me and I ask him if he has time for a photo. He says "SURE!" so we take one, and my Dad is having trouble with my digital camera. He isn't holding the button down. So John starts laughing and saying "Hold the button down! Hold the button down! Hold the button down!" and so FINALLY my Dad gets it right. We say goodbye, and he gets in the wrong car at first, then the right one haha. Then we walked to our car and I was glowing. It was one of the best nights of my entire life (except for the fact that I don't know if he got my letter and drawing because I didn't have a chance to ask him! If only I would have held on to it... oh well, there's always next time).

Here is the picture:

(I played with the colors haha)

On a different note - I also went to Atlanta recently and in the Hard Rock Cafe, where I saw a HUGE Goo Goo Dolls wall. It was the highlight of my trip, and I took a photo in front of it haha.

The End.
« Last Edit: Aug 29th, 2004, 11:46am by painted secrets » IP Logged

They painted up your secrets
With the lies they told to you
And the least they ever gave you
Was the most you ever knew
And I wonder where these dreams go
When the world gets in your way
What's the point in all this screaming
No one's listening anyway.
[Joelage]
Goo God

Usually Banned

View Profile WWW

Re: John Rzeznik w/ LeAnn Rimes @ Oxygen
« Reply #1 on: Aug 29th, 2004, 11:47am »

Nice colour treatment! lol

I thought it was a nice refreshing version of Name!

Smiley
IP Logged

"Soon we realized that after doing this together for so long, we developed some talents that as a group tend to come naturally. We realized that we had a rapport among us and in that rapport was power.

"And we realized that our day jobs (as the Goo Goo Dolls) didn't suck as bad as we had thought," he said, laughing (Robby).
SuzieGoo
Goo God

I wanna wake up where Goo are!

mb20suz
View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: Aug 29th, 2004, 11:55am »

Awww, what a great story.  That is so great you got to be up front and interact with both John and LeAnn.  Sounds like a great time and the picture is perfect!   Grin

Good for you!  Thanks for sharing your story.

~ Suz
IP Logged

"Screw this rain..."

~ John ~ Robby! (Buffalo - July 4th)
Malininwoman
Dizzy

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: Aug 29th, 2004, 12:05pm »

Great story & picture! Thanks for sharing! I honestly enjoyed hearing them sing 'Name' together more than I thought I would! Tongue
IP Logged

"They never stop thinking of ways of harming America, and neither do we."
President George W. Bush - News Conference

AngelGoo
I'm Addicted

Keep the Goos Alive

angelgoodoll  
View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Aug 29th, 2004, 12:38pm »

I agree !!
Thank you for sharing.. Smiley
IP Logged

Scars are souvenirs you never lose
The past is never far .......

"He held my head when I threw up in the toilet. He took me to the hospital to have my stomach pumped. He loaned me twenty bucks last night. He listens to all my lies and ignores me when I'm full of shit. And that's a big difference, if you know what I mean."(John's introduction of Robby)
Saz_Goo
Goo God

If I could paint in harmony... :D

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: Aug 29th, 2004, 12:56pm »

Wow, that's really cool for you! And the photo is awesome, I like the way you messed with the colours! Grin Thanks for posting! :thumbsup:
IP Logged

Visit here to see all my animations --->http://www.sarahhale.co.uk

"Went to sleep at home and woke up in a shed..." ~ Out Of The Red
ashbama
Up, Up, Up

pic-Nashville TN Labor Day '02-my first Goo show!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Aug 29th, 2004, 1:08pm »

Thanks for sharing your experience and the pic of you and John is awesome!!

We saw the Goo wall at Hard Rock when we were there last August for the private show and on the bricks, we took a pic in front of it too!!   Wink
IP Logged

~*~*Annette*~*~
julesgoo
Naked

julesgoo  
View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Aug 29th, 2004, 1:25pm »

Very cool post !  I haven't seen many reviews from that show either. It was nice of your Dad to take you  Smiley.

Your picture is great too, nice job with the coloring !
~Jules
IP Logged

"It's so hard to be someone,
Strung out from today,
And all that you knew slips away..."
~J.Rzeznik
MBMGrand
Goo God

AGirlNamedMB
View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: Aug 29th, 2004, 1:33pm »

What an awesome story, thanks for sharing it with us! That a great picture too, I love what you did with the colors, it looks really cool Cheesy
IP Logged

Mary Beth
johnnyisgod
Goo God

3 times and counting

spunksta25   sn00chtothenooch
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Aug 29th, 2004, 1:38pm »

that is really great!! congrats and thanks for sharing with us.. i was touched when i read that Smiley what an awesome picture too!! welcome to the boards btw..
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]