Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Mini Paso Reveiw »

The World of Goo Boards
   Off Topic Board
   Archived Concert Review and Fan Pictures Forum
(Moderators: Shannon, MFC, Adela)
   Mini Paso Reveiw
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Mini Paso Reveiw  (Read 2531 times)
Silvergirl
Goo God

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile Email

Mini Paso Reveiw
« on: Aug 8th, 2004, 4:10pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

okay...here it goes,  after a long stinky drive (cow shit)
about 6hours we finally make it to Paso Robles, and it is soooo hot!!  its the day before, so we check out the beach (pismo) shop, eat,  blah blah blah,  and could you believe weird Al was playing,  we were just crackin up sitting out front of our hotel listening....

next day, we deceide to nap before we get ready for the concert, and about 2:50 ish i hear sound check and i am wide awake , my friend Lisa and i run over to the fair run back and forth trying to scale walls just to get a peek, i place a quick call to denise to say hi and check if there is adeq reception...

we go back to get ready and for some strange reason i thought it would be a great idea to wear a tube top, it had this cute little cream bow on the top...i could launch myself onstage and tell the boys to unwrap me Grin
okay anygoo....we are about an hour early due to the fact we are really impatient lol,  i see a lot of fans, but none i reconize Sad the this gal walks up to me, and she is faire staff, she asks me if i am one of the girls that was asking her about the passes for the meet & greet, im not .....but i lie and say yeah that was me!!!  she figues it out that it wasn't me we chit chat for a while, she laughs and goes on to find the girls, meanwhile my friend laura meets the girls that have the passes she was smoking, so she was trying to talk to them and she said they were so snotty and mean to her, i felt bad , cause here i told her about all the really wonderful people i had met and how the goo fans are the greatest and so on and so forth, and the poor girl meets the brat fans, she bounced though...
soon after we claim our seats get these really cool shaker drinks, i see Sara, i proudly show her my sign
and sure enough the Goos start right on time, now is that a first ever or what!!! no opening band, just smack in your face, here i am screaming, jumping up and down, scrambling for my cell phone....i couldn't tell you what order of the songs were , but Ginny if your out there, i know you lurk lol post!!! (lucky girl got the set list)   i held up my sign a couple of times, then decided to go to the rail and ask one of our security boys if he would mind laying it on the stage, and he did bless his little heart!!  John walked over to it read it smiled and shook his head.  he had said earlier on the other side of the stage something to the effect that he seen and reconized some faces from other shows and thanked them for coming out Grin a little later Robby came over and not just glanced at my sign but pulled his hair back and read all my little comments...i felt so proud LOL
let see during Black Balloon, i had brought about 20 balloons or so and handed the out to everyone around me, so the boys noticed that too and laughed, and Robby laughed at me when i was jumping up and down holding my top and my boobs cause i was afraid of slippage,  and all of this happened in the very beginning, i think the guys behind me were starting to irratate John and Robby, they kept screaming i love you Johnny, he aknowledged the once smiled and pointed at them, after that they just became more and more obnoxious,  i turned around and one point and told the guy to Shut Up!!!  so he says your screaming, i say im screaming the words to the song, your screaming I love you Johnny!! and now you ran him off and he is singing on Robbys mic, and its distracting me so damn it shut your damn pie hole!!  
they played really fast, didn't chat a whole lot, robby talked about riding the rides, john said he (robby) drank a frozen margarita and got brain freeze, robby dropped to his knees holding his head being melodramatic, it was so cute oh and by the way he was barefoot,  Greg was really reacting to the crowd, and that was nice Miked kicked ass couldn;t see him very well though

give a little bit sounded awesome!!!  they were very generous with the guitar pics, i got one from security after the show, so i gave him a big kiss on the cheek,  he was the one with the white shirt he was kinda  Grin
cute Grin Grin Grin  

sorry this was so long guys, and i hope i didn't forget anything!!  let me know if i did

Teri~
IP Logged
SupaGoo
Goo God

Goo Rox!

SupaGoo18
View Profile WWW Email

Re: Mini Paso Reveiw
« Reply #1 on: Aug 8th, 2004, 4:35pm »

great review Teri! Wish I was there with our "crew" from Buffalo Wink
IP Logged

-Kristen

http://googirl18.tripod.com
"Everything's wrong...but it's alright! Damn right!" -John Buffalo, NY 7/4/2004
ColoradoGoo

Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 8th, 2004, 4:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I knew they'd like your sign!  Wink LMFAO at the dudes behind you, way to tell them off.   Hate hecklers, HATE 'EM!

White shirt security guy - did you get a look at his eyes? GREEN GREEN sooooo GREEN!  :love: :drama:  I'm jealous, LOL! *should have kissed cheek in appreciation* DAMMIT!  

Sorry our meeting was SO SHORT, we'll have to do drinks after the show next time!  Wink QUALITY TIME!
« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2004, 4:55pm by ColoradoGoo » IP Logged
pink boa lady
Goo God

4/24/99 taken Ruston, LA-Rite-Aid Signed 12/2/02

cassiet76   sassycassie76
View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 8th, 2004, 5:32pm »

on Aug 8th, 2004, 4:55pm, ColoradoGoo wrote:
I knew they'd like your sign!  Wink LMFAO at the dudes behind you, way to tell them off.   Hate hecklers, HATE 'EM!

White shirt security guy - did you get a look at his eyes? GREEN GREEN sooooo GREEN!  :love: :drama:  I'm jealous, LOL! *should have kissed cheek in appreciation* DAMMIT!  

Sorry our meeting was SO SHORT, we'll have to do drinks after the show next time!  Wink QUALITY TIME!

i saw the guy with the green eyes... wow! :love:

sorry i didn't get to say hi, but sara did point you out to me!

i also heard those guys....dumbasses  
Roll Eyes
IP Logged

GGD fan since '98.
Mom to Thomas and Henry!
LandofOzGooFan
Goo God

There's no place like Goo!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Aug 8th, 2004, 6:11pm »

Teri: I am so glad you got to enjoy a driving experience! Ha! Tube Top-have you lost your mindHuh Sorry about the annoying people...still it sounds like you had a blast...I wish I could have been there! What did your sign say? Can't wait till next summer...we will have some frozen drinks too!  Smiley
IP Logged
howGOOdamI
Goo God

Broadway is dark tonight!

misschrissytina   momtoknm
View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 8th, 2004, 6:12pm »

I could hear those guys in the phone call! LOL I thought to myself that it sounded like men screaming they loved Johnny..OMG how funny is that!

Teri sounds like you had a blast, I'm happy for you!

:nanner:
IP Logged

Christina....

Please be my friend! http://www.myspace.com/misschrissytina

moveyourself2goo
Up, Up, Up

I'm picky!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Aug 8th, 2004, 6:22pm »

on Aug 8th, 2004, 4:55pm, ColoradoGoo wrote:

I met those guys after the show at the place where we were staying.  I don't think they were hecklers...I actually think they were in love with John...seriously...
IP Logged
johnnyisgod
Goo God

3 times and counting

spunksta25   sn00chtothenooch
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Aug 8th, 2004, 7:10pm »

thanks for the review, glad you had a GOOd time Smiley
IP Logged

aurora97381
Naked

View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: Aug 8th, 2004, 7:42pm »

Hi Terri!  It was nice to meet you in the breakfast room the next morning!  I appreciated the balloons--added some fun to the show.  Got a picture of the annoying boys with the balloon.  I think those were the same boys who were making fun of the wild dancer near me.  John kept smiling whenever he glanced in our direction and saw her doing her thing!  I'll post the pics when I get home from CA!

Jennifer from Oregon
IP Logged
BFLOg00gurl2oo
Goo God

i shall call him squishy, & he shall be my squishy

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Aug 8th, 2004, 8:54pm »

were you the one who brought all the balloons on the 4th too?  I thought that was such a cool thing!
thanks for the review!
IP Logged

AnGeLa

They don't even know what it is to be a fan. Y'know? To truly love some silly little piece of music, or some band, so much that it hurts.
~almost famous

The Rock Star Spell
...starry nights, my name in lights...
...screaming fans to my delight...
...i'll do it all, i'll sell my soul...
...because i <3 my ROCK 'N ROLL!...
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]