Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « thursday in the square review »

The World of Goo Boards
   Off Topic Board
   Archived Concert Review and Fan Pictures Forum
(Moderators: Shannon, MFC, Adela)
   thursday in the square review
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: thursday in the square review  (Read 723 times)
BFLOg00gurl2oo
Goo God

i shall call him squishy, & he shall be my squishy

View Profile

thursday in the square review
« on: Sep 2nd, 2004, 10:58pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

OK, so I watched channel 4 for 20 minutes to wait for the news…no news, but I saw a lot of the DNC…anyhow.  Then the news came on…had to wait FOREVER for little blurbs…so FINALLY, here’s my review!
Well then… I am literally speechless, and that doesn’t happen much!  And, pardon me for sounding like a teenybopper if I do, which is why I need to get this part out of the way….ohmygod…HE TOUCHED MY HAND!!!! Haha, “he” being…well, all the guys from Klear!  *big smile* Also…I GOT A GUITAR PICK, I GOT A GUITAR PICK!!!! *dances*  The guitar pick was from Last Conservative (actually the guitarist/singer).  *Clears throat* Alrighty then, now that I got that out of my system….dum-da-da-dummmmm….my review of the final Thursday At The Square with Last Conservative, The Juliet Dagger (note the “the” in there lol), and KLEAR!!!!
      So Meg and I get there, wander around for a little bit…we decided that we’d go up front when it got crowded, and a few minutes before The Juliet Dagger came on, it started to get a small crowd at the stage, so we went up.  We ended up right smack dab in the center (AGAIN!!!) in the 2nd-ish row.  The best part about this is that there was no barrier between the first row and the stage, so we were SO close.  Bad news: you couldn’t get a mosh pit going!  
      So The Juliet Dagger was first up…Robby came up and introduced them.  I’ve never really heard much of their stuff, but the lead singer/guitarist and bassist are both girls, which is really cool.  They’re sorta punk, but I really liked them.  They did a cover of “Our Lips Are Sealed” and the singer (I think her name is Erin) said something about it being a Hilary Duff song…after it was over she mentioned that it was originally a Go-Gos song, “But I had to give props to Hilary, cuz she does it so well.”  I think she was being sarcastic.  They also mentioned something about how “When you are all talking about us on your message boards (wow they know us too well!) make sure to spell the name right!  THE J-u-l-i-e-t D-a-g-g-e-r”  And I LOVED her hair…it’s bright pink, totally great.
TBC in a few
« Last Edit: Sep 2nd, 2004, 11:01pm by BFLOg00gurl2oo » IP Logged

AnGeLa

They don't even know what it is to be a fan. Y'know? To truly love some silly little piece of music, or some band, so much that it hurts.
~almost famous

The Rock Star Spell
...starry nights, my name in lights...
...screaming fans to my delight...
...i'll do it all, i'll sell my soul...
...because i <3 my ROCK 'N ROLL!...
BFLOg00gurl2oo
Goo God

View Profile

Re: thursday in the square review
« Reply #1 on: Sep 2nd, 2004, 11:10pm »

They played for probably like 45 minutes, then Robby came out again…talked a little bit while they set up for Last Conservative.  He told everyone to go over to the merch area and get the CD sampler thing from the MIA disk…it’s so funny to see this crowd of people swarm over there.  But my friend and I each got one…which (and I think this is hysterical) is titled “Music Is Art Super Cool Sampler” and it’s got a song from each of the bands that played tonight…all recorded live @ MIA.
 So then LC came on.  Seriously, I kept waiting for the lead singer, TJ, to trip.  He was all over the stage…knocked over the mic stand at one point (I was fearing for my safety!!!).  Also, I have this thing about artists throwing their guitars around…honestly, at one point, he threw his guitar down (what Meg calls the “Kurt Cobain move”…actually, they sorta remind me of Nirvana)…I cringed!  I think it’s the thing of having ONE guitar that I’m still paying off, and just shuddering at the thought of ruining it.  Annnnyhow….they were awesome as well…and I’m NOT just saying this.  Guys, seriously, all these bands rock so much!  At one point, TJ was standing out on the railing of the steps where people all were…omg, I thought for sure he was gonna fall!  He also told everyone to go get the CD today “because it’s…awesome…or that’s what my mom says…seriously.  No, actually, she hates it.”  And I absolutely loved “The Answer” which is an old song, but it’s so great! And the new single “Onto the Next One” is amazing as well…the whole CD is great!  And i got a guitar pick...so yay!

yet again, tbc
IP Logged

AnGeLa

They don't even know what it is to be a fan. Y'know? To truly love some silly little piece of music, or some band, so much that it hurts.
~almost famous

The Rock Star Spell
BFLOg00gurl2oo
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Sep 2nd, 2004, 11:31pm »

So the Robby came out again…talked about how the records are all gonna be released nationwide on Sept. 28th…go get them everyone!!!  
 Then…KLEAR!  Ok, these guys just rock live…there is no other way to put it.  Like, both LC and the Juliet dagger were great, but seriously, I’ve loved this band for…I don’t know, a couple years ago, so it was so great to finally get to see them do a show again!  They were awesome…doing all these solos, especially the drum solo…that rocked!  They did some new stuff, some old stuff….played for somewhere around…I dunno hour and a half- 2 hours, I don’t really know.  It was so great to see this GIANT crowd too… the place was PACKED!!!  It was probably also highly entertaining to see me, Meg, and the 2 people in front of us (who I need to thank for giving me that Capri Sun at the end…you rock!  Hopefully we’ll see ya again!) try to start a little mosh pit.  With the stairs there, it didn’t work…but we had fun with just the few of us.
 The best part was probably…well, no there were a lot of great parts, but hearing “Same Old Song” which is still my fav song by them, it’s the first one I heard by them too, live again was great.  Also…probably hearing the crowd screaming the words to “Picture” and “All On Me” was just a great moment too.  I stick with what I said before…give them time, they’re gonna get big, I just know it.  And I REALLY hope they do.  They sorta have the same interaction w/ the crowd thing going on that the goos do…which is awesome.
 So yeah, that’s about it.  BTW, I found the shirt I’m getting next time when I have money.  “Loud and #@!*&ing Klear”…gotta love it!  Pics will be up soon….Meg got some great ones (she took most of them), so I’ll post the link…mmm, tomorrow probably.  Overall, just an AMAZING night…there are SO many talented bands around here, and I LOVE it!
IP Logged

AnGeLa

~almost famous

The Rock Star Spell
BFLOg00gurl2oo
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Sep 2nd, 2004, 11:52pm »

I forgot possibly one of the greatest moments.  Meg turns and whispers to me: "There are some REALLY stupid people in BFLO.  The girl behind me (perfectly sober) goes 'When are the Goo Goo Dolls playing?!  I came to see them and they're not playing!'  Where has she been?  lol...just because Robby shows up does NOT mean Johnny's there too...they have separate lives.  It's not like they're joined at the hip or something!"  Gotta love BFLO!
IP Logged

AnGeLa

~almost famous

The Rock Star Spell
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Sep 3rd, 2004, 11:01am »

on Sep 2nd, 2004, 11:52pm, BFLOg00gurl2oo wrote:
I forgot possibly one of the greatest moments.  Meg turns and whispers to me: "There are some REALLY stupid people in BFLO.  The girl behind me (perfectly sober) goes 'When are the Goo Goo Dolls playing?!  I came to see them and they're not playing!'  Where has she been?  lol...just because Robby shows up does NOT mean Johnny's there too...they have separate lives.  It's not like they're joined at the hip or something!"  Gotta love BFLO!

Man, that's better than my crowd story.

I had this girl about a foot away from me complaining the whole time Klear was on.  All she wanted was to hear "It's All on Me" because it was the only song she knew by them.  Every time Klear started a song she would whine to her friends and say "I want to hear the radio song!"

I really wish Klear had just played "It's All on Me" first so that girl would have just left.

Question for you- how long did Last Conservative play?  I finally got there about 6:20 during their set.
IP Logged
BFLOg00gurl2oo
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Sep 3rd, 2004, 11:28am »

on Sep 3rd, 2004, 11:01am, nmf016 wrote:

Man, that's better than my crowd story.

I had this girl about a foot away from me complaining the whole time Klear was on.  All she wanted was to hear "It's All on Me" because it was the only song she knew by them.  Every time Klear started a song she would whine to her friends and say "I want to hear the radio song!"

I really wish Klear had just played "It's All on Me" first so that girl would have just left.

Question for you- how long did Last Conservative play?  I finally got there about 6:20 during their set.

god, don't you just LOVE people like that?! grrr...
you pretty much caught the entire set i think.  I don't think they started much before that...5 minutes, maybe 10
IP Logged

AnGeLa

~almost famous

The Rock Star Spell
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]