Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Polish Guys Kick Ass! ... My Review »

The World of Goo Boards
   Off Topic Board
   Archived Concert Review and Fan Pictures Forum
(Moderators: Shannon, MFC, Adela)
   Polish Guys Kick Ass! ... My Review
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Polish Guys Kick Ass! ... My Review  (Read 2664 times)
LandofOzGooFan
Goo God

There's no place like Goo!

View Profile

Polish Guys Kick Ass! ... My Review
« on: Jul 6th, 2004, 7:06pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

WooHoo! What a show! I have been reading all the great reviews and will try not to repeat anything...First off, who else was there from Kansas? When John read that sign I about flipped because I thought me and my Hubby were the only ones there from Kansas! Anyway, if any of you heard the silly radio station "the edge" clip about you're not in Kansas anymore...that was me they were talking to standing at the damn gate waiting to get back in. Too funny! The "Polish Guys Kick Ass" sign was mine! I thought JR would think it was funny and I guess he did.  :claps: Somehow, (through no violent means I promise) I made it up to the front (and I mean front and center!) after the sprint from the gates and I was thrilled because several of us (Myshele, Diane, Zuzanna, Hubby, my Goo buddy Iris74 and her brother) had gotten there at about 6:10am that morning just to get kicked out later. Anyway we all helped make signs and everyone at the rail in the AM signed my beachball, including the very sweet security guards who had been there all night! I intended to throw it onstage but the guards at the gate made us deflate it so it stayed in my backpack and came back to KS. Hopefully, you will see some of the signs on the DVD...Myshele and I held up the following signs..."Feel The Goo Love" was the first sign, the camera guy saw it ahead of time and ask me to hold it up the first couple of songs so he could get a shot of it so... (if I am in the shot I hope to GOD they airbrush me because I am sure I looked like a drowned rat!) anygoo, other signs were "Robby Rocks!", "Let's Get Political", "Polish Guys Kick Ass" (which also had a little purple guitar drawn on it, Thanks to Myshele for drawing my sign and anyone who helped color them in!) and "Mike Speak To Us!"  I only got to hold the Mike sign up for a minute before the downpour so I don't know if he saw it. Undecided Also, I did have on the "Red, White and Goo" tank top, I tried to look for other Woggers but...it was a little crowded.  Wink  To Be Continued...in just a few gotta go eat!  Smiley
IP Logged
LandofOzGooFan
Goo God

View Profile

Re: Polish Guys Kick Ass! ... My Review
« Reply #1 on: Jul 6th, 2004, 8:20pm »

OK, here's the rest of the story!  My Hubby was behind me and trying to make sure we didn't get killed but I think this might be his last GA show or free show.   Grin I was just blown away by the Goo's performance and the fact that they didn't abandon us just makes me think they are the BEST! Everyone yelling "You Sing" at the same time as JR should be pretty funny if it makes the DVD! Robby was jumping around so much, Myshele and I just had to jump too and it was great to hear Tucked Away! 1000 Words well...took my breath away! The songs just seemed to fit with the weather didn't they? Two Days in February was perfect! JR's statement before Sympathy..."This is something we all need but should never ask for" I love that, it is so true! Robby and John were so on and it was great to see them come together like that for the show, I too thought that somehow the bad weather just made it perfect. Anyway, it was great to meet some of you WOGGERs and thanks to Goofan Becky for introducing yourself and sharing your pics and Mike story! Oh, and what the hell happened to Silvergirl?? Teri, did you ever make it back from the Falls?? I hope everyone had a great time and for one more weather incident...on the way back to Kansas we hit a Tornado warning in Illinois and took cover at a small town Methodist Church! Talk about surreal, anyway we all made it home safe and exhausted but on a Goo high!  Smiley
IP Logged
crazygirl_412
Goo God

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 6th, 2004, 8:38pm »

Grin glad to hear you had fun too! i LOVED your polish guys kick ass sign haha esp. when he was like "whats on the other side...oh polish guys kick ass" haha that was great! Smiley..and dont worry...we all looked like drowned rats Tongue
-amanda
IP Logged

₪-₪ Ĺмάŋđä ₪-₪

Silvergirl
Goo God

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 6th, 2004, 8:50pm »

OMG~ yes i did...i tell ya you should have made it to TGIF lol,  Rose was there, Marissa, Christina, Denise, Karen and her angel of a hubbie Kevin, the petite girl ti cant remember your name (sorry) Laura and myself

we all met on sunday at our assigned gates, and my god did we run
can you imagine grown women running we must of looked like suck dorks!!!

Teri
IP Logged
howGOOdamI
Goo God

Broadway is dark tonight!

misschrissytina   momtoknm
View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Jul 6th, 2004, 9:14pm »

on Jul 6th, 2004, 8:50pm, Silvergirl wrote:
OMG~ yes i did...i tell ya you should have made it to TGIF lol,  Rose was there, Marissa, Christina, Denise, Karen and her angel of a hubbie Kevin, the petite girl ti cant remember your name (sorry) Laura and myself

Teri

ahhhh...TGIF...nothin' like that Ultimate Lemonade.  Hit me right where it counted! LOL

Petite Girl = Kristen aka SupaGoo

After that we went to Anchor Bar with Kevin and Karen and got us some real Buffalo wings.  My mouth will never be the same, I think my lips STILL burn!! Thems was goooooood!!!!!!!!

Even if it was Shitsville!  :hahaha:
« Last Edit: Jul 6th, 2004, 9:14pm by howGOOdamI » IP Logged

Christina....

Please be my friend! http://www.myspace.com/misschrissytina

SupaGoo
Goo God

Goo Rox!

SupaGoo18
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Jul 6th, 2004, 9:23pm »

on Jul 6th, 2004, 8:50pm, Silvergirl wrote:

Teri

Really feeling the love, Teri Wink :p Just kidding..I don't think I told you my name...was great meeting you!

Christina- I still can't believe you asked the cop about shitsville...LMAO...
IP Logged

-Kristen

http://googirl18.tripod.com
"Everything's wrong...but it's alright! Damn right!" -John Buffalo, NY 7/4/2004
LandofOzGooFan
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Jul 6th, 2004, 9:42pm »

Teri-You Goof! and I mean that in a Goo way.  Wink I was at TGIF (with Rose) from about 4:15 to 5pm and then we went down to the free concerts (not Rose, she stayed at TGIF)! I am glad you all had fun, I wanted to go to Duff's but couldn't talk the others into it so...no wings for me and I was in Buffalo, that is just wrong!  Smiley
IP Logged
JaniGoo

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jul 7th, 2004, 7:41am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Thanks for your review! Hope your signs get on the DVD!
IP Logged
MBMGrand
Goo God

AGirlNamedMB
View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: Jul 7th, 2004, 11:28am »

Thanks for the review! Sounds like you had lots of fun! Cheesy
IP Logged

Mary Beth
Iris74
Goo God

Caught in the breakdown

irysbren
View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Jul 7th, 2004, 6:35pm »

WHAT?  That wasn't your "I'm from Kansas" sign?   Shocked   As far as it being your hubby's last GA show, I think it might be my brother's too.  He's never gonna forgive me for making him get up at a ridiculous hour and then have to RUN to get a decent spot later in the day.  (Of course, I might never forgive him for losing his rail spot either, so we're even!)

My highlight has to be when John fell to his knees & was  singing (I THINK it was 1000 words?) over on Robby's side for what felt like an ETERNITY.  He was RIGHT there!  I was singing and dancing the whole night EXCEPT for that moment.  I was struck dumb and that never happens to me.  I've been up front at Goo shows before.   Grin
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]