Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Back by popular demand--MOI! »

The World of Goo Boards
   Off Topic Board
   Archived Concert Review and Fan Pictures Forum
(Moderators: Shannon, MFC, Adela)
   Back by popular demand--MOI!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Back by popular demand--MOI!  (Read 2458 times)
Goofan_becky
Goo God

Goos... COME TO VERMONT!

becky_loves_goo   throwyourlemons
View Profile Email

Back by popular demand--MOI!
« on: Jul 11th, 2004, 10:09pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

~OK... I'm doing this in 2 segments, I apologize for length~

HEY HEY HEY!

What can I say... Its GOOd to be back!  I would have posted so much sooner, BUT I dont know my password!  I can only sign in my computer at home cuz my pass is saved.  I was away on vacation in Ohio until earlier this evening, and have been catching up on some WOG reading.  It is good to be home in VT! Smiley

Did I hear a request for my review? I think so!! Here it comes.  I hope you are sitting down and prepared.  I am going to TRY to repeat nothing and keep this fairly brief, but WOW did it have fantabulous time!

OK! SATURDAY:
After a 7-hour westward drive, my mother and I arrived in Buffalo, NY!  We got settled into the Holiday Inn in downtown and got ready to go to dinner with my mom's Bon Jovi friend, Colleen.  First we were going to go to Anchor Bar, but Colleen decided to go to this other wing place, but I cant remember the name.  I mentioned how the goos like Duff's, and she said "Do you wanna go to Duff's?"  I didnt want to change the plans she had made, but I really wanted to go, so guess where we ended up going? DUFF'S!  That Colleen is such a nice woman! Smiley  So we are in the middle of our wings (which I liked, my first REAL Buffalo wings) and she points behind me and says, "Look a camera!" Someone was filming! At first I was like 'I see no Goos" but then I remembered that they were shooting about Buffalo and places there, so I got excited and my heart started to race, for no REAL reason.  Suddenly, the reason GOT real.  I looked behind me and saw MIKE!!! You read right, MIKE!!  I gasped- trust me, you havent heard a person gasp until you've heard me- and my heart began racing even faster.  I thought I was gonna pass out!  You gotta understand, Mike is the only Goo I have not yet met! So I am nervous, which is weird cuz I wasnt nervous for John and Robby, but then again that was a meet and greet, I had to approach Mike.  Well, I got up the nerve, and went over.  (He was just getting there, we were there first)So I said "Um Mike, can I get a picture with you?"  At least I THINK thats what I said...  Its tough to remember.  So his reply? “Yeah, just few seconds okay?”  (Again, not the EXACT quote, but you’ll understand, I’m sure)  He goes over to his table… probably to claim it or set down his stuff or something. Then he came over and just SAT DOWN right at my table! It was so cool, I couldn’t believe it.  I told him my mom was a runner, so they had a mini conversation about marathons, something like :
 Me: My mom has run like three marathons
 Mike: (to my mom) Oh really, so have I!
 My mom: Yeah, whats really fun is miles 20-25
 Mike: That’s the best!
Of course, not exact, but pretty close!  I got a pic - which turned out AWESOME! But I cant scan it L so you cant see it L - and I didn’t bring anything gooey with me because I wasn’t expecting to see them.  So he signed a napkin for me… he was SOOOOOO nice! The napkin got thrown out later!!!! Grrr…. But I dug through the trash to find it.  This was at home, not at the restaurant lol!  Then, I remembered, I made this note type things and they are each a couple pages of questions, mostly fun questions but some serious ones too for each of the guys.  So I grabbed Mike’s and was gonna give it to him, but I was going to wait until he was ready to leave, because I didn’t want to interrupt his dinner, I think that’s rude.  So while we were waiting, Colleen suggested I give him all three, because chances are I wont get to meet John and Robby.  GOOD IDEA! Of course I took her advice.  As Mike was getting up to leave, Colleen and I went up to him, and I said, “I hate to bother you again, but I have these things, and there’s one for you and one for John and Robby, so if you could just give them those for me….” I trailed off and he said, now this quote I remember! “I will definitely do that for you!”  HOW NICE! Seriously, Mike ROCKS!  He was so nice, and here comes my shallow comment that he is VERY good looking in person.  My mom took a pic of me giving him the questions.  Both of the pics from Duff’s came out AWESOME and I framed the one of me and Mike together. So we left right after Mike, we waited a couple minutes, cuz we didn’t want to make it seem like we were following him lol. The rest (Sunday) is coming very soon!
IP Logged

www.negativespacerocks.com < GREAT band I saw at CBGB's!
www.averimusic.com < Another AWESOME band!
"He makes me want to be a better songwriter. He inspires me and makes me work harder for the things I want. He's just amazing, and his music is incredibly powerful. He will always be underrated as a songwriter because he is beyond any ratings, music doesn't get much better."
BFLOg00gurl2oo
Goo God

i shall call him squishy, & he shall be my squishy

View Profile

Re: Back by popular demand--MOI!
« Reply #1 on: Jul 11th, 2004, 10:16pm »

omg that is WAY too cool!  that goo ESP must have been working over time to make you go to duffs then... sounds like it was so awesome!
can't wait to hear the rest
IP Logged

AnGeLa

They don't even know what it is to be a fan. Y'know? To truly love some silly little piece of music, or some band, so much that it hurts.
~almost famous

The Rock Star Spell
...starry nights, my name in lights...
...screaming fans to my delight...
...i'll do it all, i'll sell my soul...
...because i <3 my ROCK 'N ROLL!...
FizzyGoo
Goo God

"Wow...My Face is a Foot." -J. Rzeznik, 7.25.03

AttitudinalFizz
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 11th, 2004, 10:17pm »

WOOOOWWW!!!!!!!!

You are one lucky chica, chica!
« Last Edit: Jul 11th, 2004, 10:18pm by FizzyGoo » IP Logged

There are but two different kinds of people in this world: Those who love Goo, and those who are infinitely stupid.
ShanGooFan
Goo God

Goo Goo Dolls Rock!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jul 11th, 2004, 10:18pm »

Geez that's awesome! I never have that kind of luck. I can't wait to hear the rest of your story.
IP Logged

~Shannon~

"Music means to me.. ah...breathing. It's a heartbeat, it's rythm and it's passion. It's therapy. It's .... breathing". ~Keith Urban~

Goofan_becky
Goo God

Goos... COME TO VERMONT!

becky_loves_goo   throwyourlemons
View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Jul 11th, 2004, 10:26pm »

SUNDAY :  
We got to Niagara Square at about 9:45 and met some really nice people that we ended up spending much of the day with. And I did meet 2 new-to-me WOGers, LandOfOzGooFan and Iris74 and they were both SO NICE so thanks to you for being nice and listening to me talk! Lol  And I did re-meet Myshele who was also uber nice! J  OK… trying not to repeat…. New stuff, new stuff… my new goo friends (non WOGers) that I met, don’t know how to spell their names, and I met a cute security guard, but you don’t wanna hear about that, its off topic, but it helped pass the time lol.  I did make eye contact with both John and Robby, and when it was with Robby, it was right after he made a face and I was laughing really hard and he saw and gave me this look like “someone had to do it” with a  shrug! It was sooo cool! J  We had tickets to the after party at the Statler place but we ended up not going.  I was really upset cuz I HATE to pass up GOOd opportunities.  I didn’t get over it until I found out that the Goos weren’t even there.  It would have been a lot of fun, but at least now I can move on LOL!  My pictures of the concert didn’t really come out, even though I was at row 1-½, but I was on the rail for the encore because the girl in front of me left.  I didn’t sing to Sympathy because I love it so much and it was kind of one of those moments when you think “This has GOT to be my favorite Goo song” but then you have to consider other favorites you have not heard live.  But I think excluding Stop the World because I have not heard it live, Sympathy beats most other Goo songs.  BUT ITS CLOSE!  

So… that’s my story… I don’t think I forgot anything unique to me…Wink Sorry so long, but I really hope you enjoyed it and it was worth the wait!
IP Logged

www.negativespacerocks.com < GREAT band I saw at CBGB's!
www.averimusic.com < Another AWESOME band!
"He makes me want to be a better songwriter. He inspires me and makes me work harder for the things I want. He's just amazing, and his music is incredibly powerful. He will always be underrated as a songwriter because he is beyond any ratings, music doesn't get much better."
googoodarling
Naked

Life's your cup so drink it up.

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Jul 12th, 2004, 10:02am »

Great to hear that you had a blast in Buffalo and enjoyed meeting Mike.  I agree - yes, he is a great guy and yes, he is quite handsome!!

Smiley
IP Logged
JaniGoo

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jul 12th, 2004, 10:02am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Thanks for your review, Becky! Congrats on meeting Mike!
IP Logged
johnnyisgod
Goo God

3 times and counting

spunksta25   sn00chtothenooch
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Jul 12th, 2004, 10:08am »

sounds like so much fun!! mike is the sweetest guy! thanks for the review Smiley
IP Logged

MBMGrand
Goo God

AGirlNamedMB
View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: Jul 12th, 2004, 11:21am »

What a cool Mike encounter, he is so awesome! When we were getting our pictures during the 6/30 event I got to sit next to him and he was very cool! Cheesy And just think-if you'd gone to the Anchor Bar you wouldn't have seen him!  

I'm so happy for you that you got to be so close during the show! Thanks so much for your cool review! Smiley
« Last Edit: Jul 12th, 2004, 11:22am by MBMGrand » IP Logged

Mary Beth
Linda
Goo God

"Feels so GOOd to be so bad...."

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Jul 12th, 2004, 11:47am »

Great review and awesome Mike story...along with the saga of the missing Mike napkin! Did you find it again after digging thru the trash? I sure hope so!

I hope you're able to post your pic with Mike-how cool is that?  Cool
IP Logged

http://savecarnivale.blogspot.com/
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]