Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « GGDs on America's Got Talent tonight! Video added »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   GGDs on America's Got Talent tonight! Video added
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: GGDs on America's Got Talent tonight! Video added  (Read 3775 times)
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

Re: GGDs on America's Got Talent tonight! Video ad
« Reply #30 on: Sep 17th, 2010, 3:35pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Sep 17th, 2010, 12:41am, Pon wrote:
I never said that it was a fact that he will lose his voice. I'm saying that it's very possible because his voice has deteriorated significantly over the last 10 years. That is the reason why I'm saying he might have voice problems. If he had a problem with jaywalking, then I would say that there might be a big chance of him getting hit by a truck, but I don't hear anything about him jaywalking, so there's no comparison there.

You're the one that said it has nothing to do with his voice and there is nothing wrong...why would you say that? What are you listening to?  How can you listen to John for the last 10 years and not notice? There are articles online about john's throat condition and people all over the net talking about his voice change (in a bad way)...and u can't hear that?

I'm very intrigue when somebody can't hear what is so obvious. Then again, you said you stop being a fan if Robby stopped singing.

Seriously.  Can you provide me with an example of these articles?  I refuse to continue with this until I get these relevant articles from the past year or so.
IP Logged
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #31 on: Sep 17th, 2010, 3:38pm »

on Sep 16th, 2010, 11:49pm, Shade wrote:

I hear this is a real problem right now happening to pop and rap stars.

ZOMG, I THINK SOMEONE ABDUCTED SHADE AND REPLACED HIM WITH NOTSHADE!

LOL.  I was listening to the radio and Katy Perry's Teenage Dream or whatever came on and I knew it was her, but her distinct voice was nowhere in the song.  It was just autotuned right out.  (1. That's fine because her voice is like nails on a chalkboard and 2. Don't judge me for listening to it.  Sometimes I like to pretend I'm one of the cool mainstream kids.)
IP Logged
Pon
Goo God

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

ai3oynamedgoo
View Profile

« Reply #32 on: Sep 17th, 2010, 11:20pm »

GOOGLE IT!  

Not like it matter...u seem to not notice the significant change in John's voice and will give up being a fan if Robby stop singing. You're one of them fans......  

on Sep 17th, 2010, 3:35pm, sftrOu wrote:

Seriously.  Can you provide me with an example of these articles?  I refuse to continue with this until I get these relevant articles from the past year or so.

IP Logged
DWG

Email

« Reply #33 on: Sep 17th, 2010, 11:39pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Sep 17th, 2010, 11:28pm, GooFan 29 wrote:
I think John's voice is beautiful especially on Iris!!!!! It's my favorite song!!!! I think they should have had a live version of it on the new album what do you thinkHuh!Huh!?!

:dancemaid:

I was eagerly awaiting GooFan29's astute opinion.

That clears it up.

Tongue
IP Logged
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #34 on: Sep 18th, 2010, 12:05am »

on Sep 17th, 2010, 11:20pm, Pon wrote:
GOOGLE IT!  

Not like it matter...u seem to not notice the significant change in John's voice and will give up being a fan if Robby stop singing. You're one of them fans......  

Okay.  I googled it (I will leave out the fact that I pretty much read every piece of news from Google News every day).  Here's what I got from the past couple weeks.

Quote:
"Rzeznik's voice is in its best shape... with more distinction and emotion than ever, and he's retained the rare ability to articulate thoughts in few words (a Lennon-ism)." -- Aquarian Weekly

Rzeznik’s voice treats us to a nice vocal range while singing over his own vocals

Johnny Rzeznik has one of corporate rock's great voices, a sweet and sour treasure that has helped this band sell millions of records and top the charts

“Sweetest Lie” proves to be both catchy and poignant at the same time, a tall order in today’s music world. It has an instantly recognizable guitar lead-in, and frontman Johnny Rzeznik’s voice is a beautiful complement.

And indeed, lead singer John Rzeznik still maintains one of the best rock voices in the business.

With Rzeznik’s recognizable voice on the new songs like “As I Am”, as well as old staples like “Let Love In”, and the ever popular “Name” (Which he thanked the crowd for “remembering that one”), and “Iris” the Goo Goo Dolls showed why they are a St. Louis favorite, just like ooey gooey butter cake.

Now, I'm just a dumb girl and a dumb fan of Robby so maybe I'm googling wrong?  Please, with all sincerity, post some of these recent articles talking about John's deteriorating voice that are all over the internet.  I am too dumb to find them.

And if being 'one of them fans [SIC]' means that I realize Robby is an important part of this band, then yes, I am 'one of them fans' and the GGDs should be terribly grateful to have 'them fans'.
IP Logged
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #35 on: Sep 18th, 2010, 12:06am »

on Sep 17th, 2010, 11:28pm, GooFan 29 wrote:
I think John's voice is beautiful especially on Iris!!!!! It's my favorite song!!!! I think they should have had a live version of it on the new album what do you thinkHuh!Huh!?!

I agree!
IP Logged
DWG

Email

« Reply #36 on: Sep 18th, 2010, 12:25am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I found a virtual "nodepedia":

http://www.reference.com/browse/vocal+cord+nodules

ahh, teh internets.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]