Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « GGDs on America's Got Talent tonight! Video added »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   GGDs on America's Got Talent tonight! Video added
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: GGDs on America's Got Talent tonight! Video added  (Read 3774 times)
DWG

Email

Re: GGDs on America's Got Talent tonight! Video ad
« Reply #20 on: Sep 16th, 2010, 8:00pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

yeah...wusses.

You don't wanna know all the effort we used to go through to get a screen cap off of MTV.

MTV: network formerly known for playing music videos 24-7.
« Last Edit: Sep 16th, 2010, 8:02pm by Dances_with_Goo » IP Logged
Pon
Goo God

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

ai3oynamedgoo
View Profile

« Reply #21 on: Sep 16th, 2010, 8:56pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

You can't compare youtube era to the old days...you just can't. It's like John said, people were singing the lyrics to new songs before the album came out. That's the power of today's technology! If you're going through youtube and listening to 2010 vs 1995, you will notice a huge change in his voice.  

I think he is doing something about his voice and by the way it sounds, it's very possible that they won't be performing as much in 10 years. It's very possible, so not sure why some people acting like nothing is wrong. Just being realistic.  

on Sep 16th, 2010, 7:43pm, sftrOu wrote:

No, we didn't have youtube in 1999, but it was still possible to see and hear live performances if you wanted to seek them out.  They also had more frequent television performances to see.  If you compare 1999 to 2010, their performances were MORE scrutinized in the past because people would watch them again and again because they weren't so spoiled to instantly have 100s at their disposal.

John acknowledges that he does plenty of things that are not good for his voice but it's the decision he makes.  If he was concerned that his voice would deteriorate to the point his career would end, I think he'd do something about it.  Also, his career is more than hitting each note (which I still say he does fine with) and I don't think he'd consider himself a singer above a songwriter or all around musician.

Furthermore, to say his voice was good and is still good (but maybe not AS good), but that his career will potentially end because of it is insane so I don't even know why I'm trying to make sense of this.

*Also, I don't care who the masses listen to.  The day Robby stops singing (minus a medical issue), I'm out of this fandom.

IP Logged
Pon
Goo God

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

ai3oynamedgoo
View Profile

« Reply #22 on: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:00pm »

The albums are okay for the most part. It's the performances is where you see how bad his voice has gotten. His voice is so low to the point like he's talking or singing like a rapper. I love the songs "before it's too late" and I think it sounded great, but it's just horrible to listen to live.

on Sep 16th, 2010, 8:46pm, Shade wrote:
I don't get what the hubub is about. This coming from someone who WAS very concerned about his voice during the LLI era, thinking that the vocals on the album weren't as good and his vocals live really weren't good. However, I am psyched about his voice now. The new album had better vocals than the last two, and during the concert I went to he was the best I've ever heard him. I also thought this youtube vid was fine. Nothing stuck out to me as bad.

IP Logged
Pon
Goo God

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

ai3oynamedgoo
View Profile

« Reply #23 on: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:01pm »

Those are the best videos. They crappy quality, chopped up, parts missing, but they are the best. Too bad youtube wasn't around back then.  

on Sep 16th, 2010, 7:47pm, DWG wrote:

hence my ridiculous collection of old VCR recordings from the 80's and 90's.
fun, yo.

IP Logged
Pon
Goo God

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

ai3oynamedgoo
View Profile

« Reply #24 on: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:03pm »

lol. That's because a lot of them can only compare now to new. If you give me a video of naked from 1995, that's gold...i don't care how horrible the quality is because naked sounds better back then than now. U can use HD on new naked performances all you want...it doesn't sound as good as the old stuff.

on Sep 16th, 2010, 7:53pm, sftrOu wrote:
SERIOUSLY.  It was a big deal when someone would make you a 4th generation of a VHS tape and you did not care about the lines running down the screen.  Now people cry on Youtube because videos are standard instead of HD.

IP Logged
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #25 on: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:11pm »

on Sep 16th, 2010, 8:56pm, Pon wrote:

I think he is doing something about his voice and by the way it sounds, it's very possible that they won't be performing as much in 10 years. It's very possible, so not sure why some people acting like nothing is wrong. Just being realistic.  

Nothing IS wrong...

Of course they won't be performing the same amount in ten years.  They will be in their mid-50s.  It will have nothing to do with John's voice, it will be because they are all older and would prefer to sleep in their own beds instead moving from city to city, hotel to hotel.
IP Logged
Pon
Goo God

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

ai3oynamedgoo
View Profile

« Reply #26 on: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:58pm »

Yes, that is possible as well, but it's very possible that John's voice will reach a low point where he can't perform that much. Why is that hard to believe? In the last 10 years, his voice significantly deteriorated. How can you be so sure that nothing will be wrong with his voice in 10 years? Do you think people are deaf to his voice changing? Are articles about his throat a bunch of lies?  

on Sep 16th, 2010, 9:11pm, sftrOu wrote:

Nothing IS wrong...

Of course they won't be performing the same amount in ten years.  They will be in their mid-50s.  It will have nothing to do with John's voice, it will be because they are all older and would prefer to sleep in their own beds instead moving from city to city, hotel to hotel.

IP Logged
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #27 on: Sep 16th, 2010, 10:26pm »

What articles are you reading about his throat?

I can't be sure his voice will be fine in 10 years any more than you can be so sure it won't.  You're right, ANYTHING could happen in ten years.  John's voice could fail, he could get hit by a truck, he could quit music and run for president, he could get abducted by aliens who rip out his vocal cords and replace them with robotic ones.  I do not understand why you are treating it as fact that John will some day be unable to sing based only on your opinion of his voice.
IP Logged
Pon
Goo God

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

ai3oynamedgoo
View Profile

« Reply #28 on: Sep 17th, 2010, 12:41am »

I never said that it was a fact that he will lose his voice. I'm saying that it's very possible because his voice has deteriorated significantly over the last 10 years. That is the reason why I'm saying he might have voice problems. If he had a problem with jaywalking, then I would say that there might be a big chance of him getting hit by a truck, but I don't hear anything about him jaywalking, so there's no comparison there.

You're the one that said it has nothing to do with his voice and there is nothing wrong...why would you say that? What are you listening to?  How can you listen to John for the last 10 years and not notice? There are articles online about john's throat condition and people all over the net talking about his voice change (in a bad way)...and u can't hear that?

I'm very intrigue when somebody can't hear what is so obvious. Then again, you said you stop being a fan if Robby stopped singing.

on Sep 16th, 2010, 10:26pm, sftrOu wrote:
What articles are you reading about his throat?

I can't be sure his voice will be fine in 10 years any more than you can be so sure it won't.  You're right, ANYTHING could happen in ten years.  John's voice could fail, he could get hit by a truck, he could quit music and run for president, he could get abducted by aliens who rip out his vocal cords and replace them with robotic ones.  I do not understand why you are treating it as fact that John will some day be unable to sing based only on your opinion of his voice.

IP Logged
DWG

Email

« Reply #29 on: Sep 17th, 2010, 1:00pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Sep 16th, 2010, 9:11pm, sftrOu wrote:

Nothing IS wrong...

I dunno...
I'm in my mid-50's and sometimes I'd prefer not to sleep in my own bed, and would like to go to a hotel in another city.  

Tongue

Carry on.

I am interested in this alien vocal cord abduction theory. I don't remember seeing that on X-Files.

And I think Pon should have a blog.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]