Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Random Goo Facts »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Random Goo Facts
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Random Goo Facts  (Read 2480 times)
Lea
Goo God

RogueUK

Lea32R
View Profile Email

Random Goo Facts
« on: Feb 8th, 2005, 10:14pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Haha, I just found out a bunch of stuff I never knew before...

From the Dizzy up the Goos site:

http://dizzyupthegoos.freeservers.com/about.html

John

John lived - On the East Side of Buffalo on the Corner of Clark and Kent Streets (Which he and his sisters called "Superman Corner").

LMAO and I thought it was just me being a geek when I instantly thought 'Superman!" afer reading those street names...

Full Name - John Joseph Theodore Rzeznik  

Theodore? THEODORE?  

Mike and Robby should change their middle names to Alvin and Simon, respectively  Wink

Height - 5' 9" - I thought John would be taller than that. He looks taller. I thought he'd be around the 6ft mark...

I also didn't know John had cats. I somehow thought he'd have dogs. He seems to really like dogs. Maybe it's too much hassle getting someone to take care of them when he goes off touring...?  Huh

Robby  

Height - 5' 4"

Dude, I knew you were short...but THAT short?!  

Well I guess GOOd things come in small packages!  

And he's still taller than ME. Most people are...

Medaille College of Buffalo (degree in Communications)  

So Robby's the only Goo with a degree? I can't figure this out...it lists Universities for all three but only mentions an actual DEGREE on Robby's bio...  

I read somewhere that John dropped out of University...is that true?

Robby and John like to Skydive?!

You utter maniacs  Tongue I would never do that...I could get run over by a bus tomorrow! Why do I wanna increase my chances of untimely death by hurtling myself at the ground from a great height?!  

Mike

Place Of Birth - Washington DC

So Mike isn't from Buffalo....I always wondered...I really should find out more stuff about Mike, 'cause he rocks and he's way underappreciated. All I know is that he's quiet and likes sports. And is rather tall!

Do share anymore random Goo facts...I like finding this stuff out. Because I'm a geek. No, I'm what would happen if a geek and a stalker got together and had an illegitimate child... Tongue
« Last Edit: Feb 8th, 2005, 10:16pm by Lea » IP Logged

monessarae
Up, Up, Up

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Re: Random Goo Facts
« Reply #1 on: Feb 8th, 2005, 10:42pm »

You've never seen that before?  I think I ran across it a long time ago, but forgot about it.  
I think Johnny looks taller because he's always next to robby.  I still didn't think that John was 5' 9", I figured aroud 6 ft also.  GOOd things DO come in small packages you are right!!!!
I also wanted to thank you for sending me silent night, I'm glad I heard it, but it was REALLY creepy!! I am getting ahold of the take me out to the ball game next week, and you said you wanted to hear it, so I'll let you know when I get it, and then you'll have to walk me through emailing it to you.
IP Logged

don't look back, it's bad luck.
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Feb 8th, 2005, 10:52pm »

on Feb 8th, 2005, 10:14pm, RogueUK wrote:

Full Name - John Joseph Theodore Rzeznik  

Theodore? THEODORE?  

Mike and Robby should change their middle names to Alvin and Simon, respectively  Wink

I'm sorry to inform you that Mike's middle name is also Theodore...
IP Logged
monessarae
Up, Up, Up

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Feb 8th, 2005, 10:56pm »

nm, I totally forgot that!!!  Didn't he say that it was just a rumor that got started, and it wasn't true?
Hmmmm, totally forgot that.
IP Logged

don't look back, it's bad luck.
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Feb 8th, 2005, 11:02pm »

Yeah, the rumor was "Gene".  I'll take Theodore over Gene any day

My apologies to anyone named Gene
IP Logged
Anon

Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 8th, 2005, 11:25pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I think I'm pretty convinced that some of that info isn't true.  As you already pointed out, Mike's middle name isn't Gene, isn't Theodore.  It also says he graduated HS in 1980...??  When he was 13?? It must have been '85, when he was 18, unless he was a boy genius!  Also, I read on Malininswoman's site that he had 2 sisters, one bro.  Oh, one thing is right.   Although all three did attend college, Robby IS the only one with a degree.  That seems weird, kinda, doesn't it?  I think Robby and Johnny probably went sky diving once, but I wouldn't classify doing something once as a hobby.
IP Logged
steph
Up, Up, Up

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Feb 9th, 2005, 12:54am »

i believe the skydiving was done after their plane crash to help them get over their fear of flying.
IP Logged
girlnamedgrace
Dizzy

He's the stone fox......

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Feb 9th, 2005, 5:38am »

I'm taller than Robby! Grin

Did you guys know that in the apartment John and Robby shared, they could drop a bowling ball anywhere in the house and it would always roll into the bathroom. Now theres a random fact!!!
Can't remember where I read that.  
Also, Theodore, seems to me like a pretty uncommon name, yet John and Mike both have it.  
Coincidence?
IP Logged

Our Goo,
who art in Buffalo,hallowed be thy 'name,'
Thy concerts gone to,thy cds bought,in Europe as they are in America,
Give us this day our daily goo and forgive us for liking other bands,
just as we forgive those who do not appriciate good goo, lead us not into temptation,with your hair and toxic songs,
Ah, men!!!
Saz_Goo
Goo God

If I could paint in harmony... :D

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: Feb 9th, 2005, 8:51am »

LMAO!! I like the bowling ball trivia! I wonder if they ever broke any stuff in the bathroom from doing that?? Tongue

Heh, for some reason I've always thought of John as being fairly middling in height - but then I think I knew Mike was 6' or so, so I guessed John must be a bit shorter from their photos...

LOL, wierd that both Mike and John are called Theodore...is it a popular middle name in the States? Maybe from President Roosevelt..?? :ponders: Ah, I dunno. Tongue Funky facts though!!
IP Logged

Visit here to see all my animations --->http://www.sarahhale.co.uk

"Went to sleep at home and woke up in a shed..." ~ Out Of The Red
Jane
Naked

Scars are souvenirs you never lose.

View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: Feb 9th, 2005, 10:46am »

Johnny is Catholic. Theodore is propabally his confirmation name. Joseph would be his middle name. (When you are a Catholic you go through a confirmation in about 5th or 6th grade. You renew you dedication to the faith and take another name.)
IP Logged

"It's very dangerous to put your opinion of yourself into the hands of someone else." - John Rzeznik
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]