Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Detroit show and meet & greet! »

The World of Goo Boards
   Off Topic Board
   Archived Concert Review and Fan Pictures Forum
(Moderators: Shannon, MFC, Adela)
   Detroit show and meet & greet!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  5 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Detroit show and meet & greet!  (Read 8580 times)
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

Re: Detroit show and meet & greet!
« Reply #10 on: Aug 27th, 2007, 1:06pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Aug 27th, 2007, 12:57pm, laurengoo wrote:
I'm going to write down this setlist. For my box... Grin

I had really good seats. I was glad to be on the end. Except for the crazies.

Nicole will give you her review OF EVERYTHING.

I can't wait. She has a way of telling a story that's so much better than I ever could. I don't even bother if I know she's going to write a review.
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

laurengoo
Goo God

a.k.a y2goo_4ever

y2goo4ever
View Profile Email

« Reply #11 on: Aug 27th, 2007, 1:17pm »

on Aug 27th, 2007, 1:06pm, Shannon wrote:

I can't wait. She has a way of telling a story that's so much better than I ever could. I don't even bother if I know she's going to write a review.

Nicole is so much fun. We had such a great time. I think she should be a writer. Grin
IP Logged

made by: Hysteria
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #12 on: Aug 27th, 2007, 1:27pm »

I'm glad you guys had fun. I wish we could have spent more time together. It went by in such a flash.
IP Logged

laurengoo
Goo God

a.k.a y2goo_4ever

y2goo4ever
View Profile Email

« Reply #13 on: Aug 27th, 2007, 1:31pm »

on Aug 27th, 2007, 1:27pm, Shannon wrote:
I'm glad you guys had fun. I wish we could have spent more time together. It went by in such a flash.

Yes it went by too fast if you ask me...I wish we would've gotten there to have dinner with you guys...the tunnel was way backed up. I can't believe they let that happen like that.

I have the group picture of us!! I can send that one to you For memory sakeCheesy
IP Logged

Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #14 on: Aug 27th, 2007, 1:34pm »

From what I hear the tunnel is always like that which is why I usually take the bridge. Plus, the tunnel gives me the creeps.

Of course I want the group photo. It turned out really good.
IP Logged

laurengoo
Goo God

a.k.a y2goo_4ever

y2goo4ever
View Profile Email

« Reply #15 on: Aug 27th, 2007, 1:41pm »

The tunnel used to be a lot easier to take a few years ago. I'm not really a bridge fan because of the trucks...they scare me a bit.

I'll email it to you. The original copy of it and not the one I resized. It's a better quality.
IP Logged

nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #16 on: Aug 27th, 2007, 3:52pm »

Wow, this thread has such glowing things to say about me.  I think you met the wrong person...  Can't review EVERYTHING though, because that might get me in trouble.

I LOVE your picture, Shannon.  Leave it to you to make Robby look tall.  Cheesy
IP Logged
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #17 on: Aug 27th, 2007, 4:11pm »

on Aug 27th, 2007, 3:52pm, the red o wrote:

I LOVE your picture, Shannon.  Leave it to you to make Robby look tall.  Cheesy

LMAO!!!!  :hahaha: :hahaha:  See I told you you make me laugh daily.

But seriously. I was looking at that picture today thinking 'dang I'm short'.
IP Logged

nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #18 on: Aug 27th, 2007, 6:24pm »

Do I really have to review?  We'll do it like this:

Driving from Buffalo to Windsor: Surprisingly painless when you put on 3 hour Watchmen concert on the iPod and sing like an idiot for the whole drive.

Arriving at Lauren's:  Met the family and they all made fun of my accent.  Cheesy  Thank you for everything, Lauren!

Lauren and Nicole go to Detroit: Lauren tells me horror stories of the tunnel as we're in the tunnel.  Made me feel very safe.  The 696 hates Lauren.  I think Lauren was going to beat me if I called the tunnel a bridge one more time.  We missed dinner with Shannon and Terri thanks to the stupid bridge tunnel.

Lauren and Nicole arrive at Sterling Heights:  We park (neither of us making any effort to remember where) and locate Shannon and Terri.  We see Shannon off for her meet and greet and then Lauren has her first foray into scalping (except not).

Show preGoo: Loved Lifehouse yet again.  I was happy they got to extend their set and didn't miss Colbie at all.  I think I'm in love with Jason Wade.  I decided Lifehouse and the Goos should tour together until one of them ceases to exist.  
The people watching and dodging was phenominal.  Like, amazing.  Terri, I need to hang out with you for a longer period of time, because I love your dislike for Sympathy and refreshingly honest descriptions of some of the 'regulars'.  That's all I'm gonna say about that, I think...

Goos:  Honestly, I was pretty distracted.  I knew there was going to be trouble.  We were on the edge on John's side 11th row, but the way the seats run, we were only a couple feet from the stage.  The side stage must be too small for all of the gear, because John's rig and rack of guitars were ON stage, meaning there was a little space on stage in front of his equipment.  Also, the security of this area consisted solely of one kid who couldn't have been older than 18.  So when John ventured into this area the first time and one girl ran up to touch him/ be noticed/ make him fall madly in love with her, it somehow made every female in the entire venue think it would be a good idea to rush to that area every time John came even remotely close to it.  Which is all well and good until people are running out of your row, and therefore past you, repeatedly.  And dodging crazed people whose only apparent goal at the show was to touch John makes it hard to watch the show.  It gets extra difficult when your neighbors jump a row and then stand directly in front of you, feeling each other up and standing on the seats.  So I pretty much spent the time trying to find a place to stand so I could see and not be trampled.  I did enjoy seeing angry Security Mike and crew drag out the stage jumper and rough him up a bit outside of the venue.  

Anyways... Goo... uh... they were good.  Not very talkative.  I was happy we got the big black balloons and was extremely proud that the whole crowd seemed determined to hit the band with them.  I love team work.  I hope I got video when the big one nailed John in the head.  He laughed when it happened, so I'm allowed to be amused by it.  I was sad John didn't mess up Acoustic #3, because I've only seen it done perfectly.  Korel, the left handed genius, is awesome.  Mike is Mike.  I thought Robby looked fabulous last night, but we got very little Robby love on our side.  Brad... well, Brad was behind the speakers  that shouldn't have been left on stage, but were...

Setlist is:
Pending...

Then we chatted with Shannon and Terri until we got kicked out.  Drove back to Lauren's via the 696 (in both directions!) and the bridge tunnel.  Then, this morning, I said goodbye to Lauren and Windsor and drove the trip from hell back to NY.

Random:
Lauren - thank you, thank you, thank you for everything!

Detroit is crazy.  Shannon, Detroit fans are nuts.  Detroit drivers are crazed (I'm used to being feared with my NY plates, but Detroit people were not impressed).

Next meet up - Buffalo!

The black balloon holding center and execution site made me sad.  Security was catching them and putting them in our aisle.  I discovered they were killing the balloons there.  Undecided  Pic courtesy of Lauren.

I should have some sketchy video up eventually.  And almost the entire audio.  I lost part of Slave Girl when I switched memory cards and sometime early on, I looked down and had my finger on the microphone because I'm smart like that...

IP Logged
Christina
Goo God

I got a head that don't let me sleef

View Profile WWW

« Reply #19 on: Aug 27th, 2007, 6:25pm »

Shannon... I make Robby look tall too, if that's any consolation, hahaha. :[  Your picture with the guys looks good though! Cheesy  

Glad you guys had fun at the show!

edit: dammit, Nicole, don't post gigantic reviews in the time it takes me to type three sentences. Now I have to keep editing this until I finish reading that. Wink
« Last Edit: Aug 27th, 2007, 6:44pm by Christina » IP Logged

"i have never wanted something so badly as having people just show up at ggd concerts dressed as presidential fruit"
Pages: 1 2 3 4  5 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]