Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Muskegon...pictures & video page 3!! »

The World of Goo Boards
   Off Topic Board
   Archived Concert Review and Fan Pictures Forum
(Moderators: Shannon, MFC, Adela)
   Muskegon...pictures & video page 3!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Muskegon...pictures & video page 3!!  (Read 9338 times)
djgeneral
Dizzy

GOO GOO DOLLS

adaytobeaone
View Profile

Re: Muskegon...pictures added...video added!!
« Reply #30 on: Jul 2nd, 2007, 2:11pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Thanks for the BITL video!

Can't wait until August!! (also if you could, check the thread about where people were giving you songs you lost, i have a few requests Wink)
IP Logged

My first Goo Goo Dolls concert: August 26!
Freedom Hill in Michigan.
Yay!
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #31 on: Jul 2nd, 2007, 2:22pm »

on Jul 2nd, 2007, 2:11pm, djgeneral wrote:
Thanks for the BITL video!

Can't wait until August!! (also if you could, check the thread about where people were giving you songs you lost, i have a few requests Wink)

I just added Slavegirl and Acoustic #3. I'm waiting for Name to finish converting. This one is taking awhile because I got the entire song.
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

djgeneral
Dizzy

GOO GOO DOLLS

adaytobeaone
View Profile

« Reply #32 on: Jul 2nd, 2007, 2:26pm »

Can't wait for Name. I love that song
IP Logged

Yay!
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #33 on: Jul 2nd, 2007, 2:28pm »

That's my favorite song by any artist or band....ever. I was able to get the whole thing because security was no where around. There are a couple people that walk right in front of me a few times but it's still good.
IP Logged

djgeneral
Dizzy

GOO GOO DOLLS

adaytobeaone
View Profile

« Reply #34 on: Jul 2nd, 2007, 2:31pm »

on Jul 2nd, 2007, 2:28pm, Shannon wrote:
That's my favorite song by any artist or band....ever. I was able to get the whole thing because security was no where around. There are a couple people that walk right in front of me a few times but it's still good.

I hate people like that lol when I went to the concert at Freedom hill for Puddle of Mudd, three days grace, breaking benjamin, RED there were these 2 girls that were like standing the whole time for the opening acts (no one else in the entire place was) and i couldnt see them Sad and i didnt feel like standing yet lol

have you ever been to freedom hill? i love it because it is so small and intimate...do the GGD play at that small of places? i havent really followed their tour in awhile
IP Logged

Yay!
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

Re: Muskegon...pictures & video page 3!!
« Reply #35 on: Jul 2nd, 2007, 2:36pm »

The Goos have done DTE a bunch of times. I'm relieved they're not doing it this year. I haven't been to FH but I hear it's so much better than DTE. The Goos played two shows at the State Theater back in early March. Those are the perfect sized venues if you ask me. I HATE arena shows.
IP Logged

djgeneral
Dizzy

GOO GOO DOLLS

adaytobeaone
View Profile

« Reply #36 on: Jul 2nd, 2007, 2:40pm »

on Jul 2nd, 2007, 2:36pm, Shannon wrote:
The Goos have done DTE a bunch of times. I'm relieved they're not doing it this year. I haven't been to FH but I hear it's so much better than DTE. The Goos played two shows at the State Theater back in early March. Those are the perfect sized venues if you ask me. I HATE arena shows.

Yes, I was bummed I couldn't go to DTE in March, but when I found out they were coming to FH OMG I died lol

Anyways, I believe DTE is 3x what FH is...or maybe that is State Theater or something who knows lol But one of them have 12,000 seats and FH is 4,000
IP Logged

Yay!
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #37 on: Jul 2nd, 2007, 3:13pm »

Name is up now.

The sound was really loud at this show. You could really hear it rattling....especially in the videos. I heard one guy screaming they needed to turn the kickback (or something like that) down.
IP Logged

Saz_Goo
Goo God

If I could paint in harmony... :D

View Profile WWW

« Reply #38 on: Jul 2nd, 2007, 5:37pm »

Thanks so much for posting those Shannon! It's got me really excited for Sheffield and Manchester next week, it's so CLOSE!! I really hope they play at least some of the new selection of songs while they're in the UK. I think, as long as Robby plays Slave Girl, and I get to hear Cuz You're Gone at one of the gigs, I'll be a happy camper!  Grin
IP Logged

Visit here to see all my animations --->http://www.sarahhale.co.uk

"Went to sleep at home and woke up in a shed..." ~ Out Of The Red
Dstone
Naked

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #39 on: Aug 7th, 2007, 9:05pm »

Ya, they did play Dizzy during the show, I was there

I'm kind of a "new" Goo Goo Dolls fan, since a few weeks before the concert, I listened to my dad's Dizzy Up the Girl album, loved it, and then got most of their other albums in time for the concert

The reason for the short set list might have been the fact that the Muskegon show was part of an 11 day festival.

Since Lifehouse was the "coheadliner", and the fact that usually bands at the festival only play for about an hour and a half, their setlist might have been a little shorter than usual.

Anyways, I was dead center, about 3 rows away from the front with a bunch of my friends. I had never heard GGD live before, but I was a little pessimistic about the concert beforehand. I mean... how the hell could they capture the great studio sound of Iris, Slide, and the rest live?

Well, my low expectations were greatly exceeded, I was blown away. One of the best concerts I've ever been to. My dad liked it to (although he hated Robby's voice, which I think is really raw and awesome) as did my friends.

All around great show, although now that I've heard a lot of their older songs, I wish they would have played more... but at least they played Long Way Down Smiley
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]