Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Pepsi Smash review!!! »

The World of Goo Boards
   Off Topic Board
   Archived Concert Review and Fan Pictures Forum
(Moderators: Shannon, MFC, Adela)
   Pepsi Smash review!!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Pepsi Smash review!!!  (Read 3216 times)
ShanGooFan
Goo God

Goo Goo Dolls Rock!

View Profile

Pepsi Smash review!!!
« on: Feb 2nd, 2006, 10:33pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I just got back from the Pepsi Smash and there's so much to tell I don't know where to start. This could be long so beware.

My friend Terri and I got down to the Theater around 4:15 and ended up being 4th in line. We waited in that line for 21/2 hours. It wasn't too cold but after that long I couldn't feel my toes. Security was EVERYWHERE!!!! The FBI, military and cops were everywhere. It was quite the site to see. It was for that reason we decided not to smuggle in our cameras. I did get a couple of pictures off the big screen with my camera phone. If they look decent I'll post them. We met some super great people in line. Talking and laughing with them really helped pass the time.

Once we got inside we ended up on the main floor, the VIP area. We were dead center behind the sound board. It was a perfect view because it was elevated up from the main floor. In the VIP area we were treated to a free spread of amazing food and free drinks ALL night!!

First up was Train. They switched the line up because the Goos were supposed to be first....at least that's what I was told by the manager at the State. Train was awesome live. I was really impressed. They played all their radio hits so I knew every song. The crowd was very responsive to them.

Now for the Goos!!!! The Goos opened with Big Machine and they sounded great!!! Terri and I were representing in the back so they would know their true fans were there too. We were singing, dancing and screaming for them. At one point between songs John commented about all the pretty girls in front and then asked the people in front how much they were paid to be there....HA...go John!! Terri and I figured it was a jab at VH1 for their rules about the "pretty, young people being in front". They really had the crowd going with Slide and Iris. The new keyboardist...sorry don't know his name... played one helluva mean sax during Broadway! It was so great I screamed myself hoarse. I hope they keep him. Broadway just isn't the same without the sax. Their setlist was.....
Big Machine
Black Balloon
Smash
Better Days
Slide
Here Is Gone
Broadway
Iris

There was a VIP section in front of us with a bunch of NFL players in it. I don't know who any of them were but there were many.

Nickleback was up next and boy were they loud. I loved their show but I am seriously deaf now. They opened with the new one from their album Animals....I love that song. They also did Photograph and all their radio hits. They also had an amazing pyrotechnics show.

We didn't stick around for Kanye West as we're not fans. But we met some of the nicest people tonight....in line and during the show. It was a really great night. I was super proud to call myself a Detroiter tonight!
« Last Edit: Feb 2nd, 2006, 10:51pm by ShanGooFan » IP Logged

~Shannon~

"Music means to me.. ah...breathing. It's a heartbeat, it's rythm and it's passion. It's therapy. It's .... breathing". ~Keith Urban~

tripper
Dizzy

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Re: Pepsi Smash review!!!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 2nd, 2006, 10:55pm »

Shannon- I can't sleep- what a great time!

Oh- and Blessed by Goo- we thought of you- John said at the end of Iris- Give yourself some love!! And I screamed the best time ever-ever!! LOL!  We were thinking about you and all the other true fans that weren't bribed to be there. Can't wait for the next tour.  

Detroit- you made me proud tonight!  Cheesy

Tripper
IP Logged
ShanGooFan
Goo God

Goo Goo Dolls Rock!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Feb 2nd, 2006, 10:57pm »

Quote:
Detroit- you made me proud tonight!  

Amen Goo Sista!!!!

I can't sleep either and I have to get up early. Undecided
« Last Edit: Feb 2nd, 2006, 10:58pm by ShanGooFan » IP Logged

~Shannon~

"Music means to me.. ah...breathing. It's a heartbeat, it's rythm and it's passion. It's therapy. It's .... breathing". ~Keith Urban~

sympathy_0
Goo God

Never you mind.

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: Feb 3rd, 2006, 6:57am »

THANKS for the review .. sounded like an amazing show!!!!
IP Logged

www.youtube.com/forbuss
googirl28
Dizzy

googirl28  
View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Feb 3rd, 2006, 9:13am »

OMG -- sounds like you guys had an awesome time.  Ya'll are soooo lucky  to have been able to attend!!  Thanks for the review!!!!!
IP Logged
Helengoo
Dizzy

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Feb 3rd, 2006, 11:58am »

Great review...couldn't have said it better my self. They were awsome....I was up in the balcony and my only problem was the dirty looks people gave my friend & I were given when we were standing up screaming.....other than that I had an awsome time..... Grin
IP Logged

Me (on the left) & my cousin Holly with you know who, lol

tkc1989
Goo God

~...Tonight's the night the world begins again...~

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Feb 3rd, 2006, 12:06pm »

hey thanks for the review shannon! i read over at absolute goo that john messed up big time on big machine! lol- care to tell us more...? Wink
IP Logged

ShanGooFan
Goo God

Goo Goo Dolls Rock!

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Feb 3rd, 2006, 12:29pm »

Tim, I don't know if anyone but a Goo fan would have noticed the slip up. He just stumbled over some of the words and kept on going. But then he was smiling and laughing to himself. He knew he messed it up. It wasn't nearly as noticeable a slip up as he usually does with Sympathy. Really only the fans who knew the song would have noticed. But it was cute nonetheless. I love that about John...he's just real.
IP Logged

~Shannon~

Skkyer
Dizzy

Just a Kiss Away

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Feb 3rd, 2006, 3:52pm »

It sounds like a really great show.  Thanks for giving us all the info about it.

Hugs,
Skkyer
IP Logged
crazy4goo
Goo God

take what you need...take what you need...from me

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Feb 3rd, 2006, 4:20pm »

Thanks for the review Shannon, as always it was great! Man...you really do know all the right people, don't ya?!
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]