Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Detroit show debacle!!!!! »

The World of Goo Boards
   Off Topic Board
   Archived Concert Review and Fan Pictures Forum
(Moderators: Shannon, MFC, Adela)
   Detroit show debacle!!!!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Detroit show debacle!!!!!  (Read 2713 times)
ShanGooFan
Goo God

Goo Goo Dolls Rock!

View Profile

Detroit show debacle!!!!!
« on: May 3rd, 2006, 5:56pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

What an interesting day! So today was the radio sponsored Goo show here in Detroit. My friend Terri won tickets through the radio a couple of weeks ago. I got a call on Monday that I had won through the web site's member rewards club. Well I was already going so I told him to draw another name since I didn't need the tickets.

Terri got a call yesterday and she and I were chosen for meet and greets. WOO HOO! What luck ... or so we thought.

So we get down to the Emerald Theater around 2:00 to get in line for the general admission show that was supposed to start at 5:00 with meet and greets after the show. Around 4:15 security tells us the band is running a little late with the sound check so they let everyone into the bar upstairs or you could remain outside. We decided to stay outside since it was so beautiful today.  About a half an hour later the power goes out but we're all still hopeful the show will go on. About a half hour after that there's a HUGE explosion that rocked everything including the buildings around us.  Shocked Then about 5 minutes later another even bigger explosion. Shocked The security guy we'd been talking to comes running saying he just saw a mini van blow up.  Shocked And then another explosion. Shocked  So at this point the radio station employees usher all of us inside the building in case something else explodes.  

After a little time inside the radio station announces that the show has to be cancelled and the area is be evacuated for our safety. It turns out that a car hit a transformer killing the power and then starting an underground fire which caused man holes to explode a block away from us!!! Can you believe it? A block away from where we were all standing man holes were exploding left and right.  

Well I'm happy to report that no one was hurt and the Goos were reported to be safe as well. This has definitely been in interesting day. Terri and I went from having the best luck to the worst. It's very disappointing but we're all so grateful no one was hurt. Hopefully the Goos will reschedule for another time.

But what luck huh?  Sad
IP Logged

~Shannon~

"Music means to me.. ah...breathing. It's a heartbeat, it's rythm and it's passion. It's therapy. It's .... breathing". ~Keith Urban~

nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

Re: Detroit show debacle!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 3rd, 2006, 6:09pm »

Jesus... first off, glad you're okay.  Second, go immediately and sell that story to a production company.  Your experience today is more interesting than any action movie that'll come out this year (except Snakes on a Plane).

I'm sorry the show didn't happen.  I really really hope the show is rescheduled for you.
IP Logged
ShanGooFan
Goo God

Goo Goo Dolls Rock!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: May 3rd, 2006, 6:13pm »

Tell me about it! The only place I've ever seen man holes exploding is in the movies. I think I'm still in shock about it all. The strange thing is that when these explosions were taking place no one really freaked out or panicked. We all just remained calm ... it was pretty cool....very surreal. I can't wait to read Robby's blog about this day.
IP Logged

~Shannon~

"Music means to me.. ah...breathing. It's a heartbeat, it's rythm and it's passion. It's therapy. It's .... breathing". ~Keith Urban~

DWG

Email

« Reply #3 on: May 3rd, 2006, 6:47pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on May 3rd, 2006, 6:09pm, nmf016 wrote:
 Your experience today is more interesting than any action movie that'll come out this year (except Snakes on a Plane).

lol...Samuel L. Jackson in..."Snakes On a Plane"!!  Tongue

Shannon, glad you are okay. That must have been so bizarre!
IP Logged
ShanGooFan
Goo God

Goo Goo Dolls Rock!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: May 3rd, 2006, 6:51pm »

Thanks DWG. The more I think about it the scarier it becomes. I mean we were 1 block away from those man holes exploding right where we were standing. That is so scary!
IP Logged

~Shannon~

crazy4goo
Goo God

take what you need...take what you need...from me

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: May 3rd, 2006, 7:10pm »

omg...that's terribly unfortunate Sad and bizzare...glad you're ok Shannon and that nobody was injured.  Major let down huh?  sorry for that
IP Logged

nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #6 on: May 3rd, 2006, 9:15pm »

Oh, Shannon, there was an underground explosion in Buffalo the night of the LIB concert, just days after you were in Buffalo.  So, do you think underground explosions just happen whenever you come into contact with the Goos?

Quote:

lol...Samuel L. Jackson in..."Snakes On a Plane"!!  Tongue

And to promote SOAP a bit more, a quote: "That's it.  I've had it with these motherf**king snakes on this motherf**king plane. Everybody strap in.  I'm about to open some f**king windows."
IP Logged
ShanGooFan
Goo God

Goo Goo Dolls Rock!

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: May 3rd, 2006, 9:20pm »

I had NO idea about the explosions in Buffalo after I left. Hmmm....maybe I need to stay away from the Goos  Wink
IP Logged

~Shannon~

LouAndNic
Goo God

Hold on, Dream Away...

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: May 4th, 2006, 6:04am »

Gee Shannon what a rollercoaster of a day for you - glad that you are ok and that nobody got hurt.

IP Logged

Please click on the banner and request Goo in the UK! Graphics by Lea (RogueUK)
blessed_by_goo
Goo God

THE HOLY O movin thru my soul likea hurricane wind

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: May 4th, 2006, 8:20am »

OMG Shannon....what a wierd day. I would've been freaking out. Of coarse the 1st thing I thought was terrorists....then I read the minivan thing...my friggin hand went to my mouth and I said OMG.... I would've been freaking out! It was a good safety measure to cancel, but that sucks for you. I hope they reschedule.  
Robby had said at some poimnt that when the tour is over that they are going to be adding more venues, prob smaller ones again. Hopefully it'll all work itself out.  
Glad your okay.... what was Terri's take on it all... she's hardly ever here.
IP Logged

Your luv is like a storm, I chase across the sky~

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]