Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Birmingham Review »

The World of Goo Boards
   Off Topic Board
   Archived Concert Review and Fan Pictures Forum
(Moderators: Shannon, MFC, Adela)
   Birmingham Review
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Birmingham Review  (Read 1058 times)
tkc1989
Goo God

~...Tonight's the night the world begins again...~

View Profile

Birmingham Review
« on: Jun 2nd, 2006, 7:49am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hey guys, got back from the Birmingham gig at 2am this morning lol it was amazing...

Firstly I write the setlist down so I can try to remember what actually happened! lol I'm still in shock Shocked

Stay With You
Slide
Feel the Silence
Big Machine
Black Balloon
We'll Be Here (When you're gone)
Smash
Tucked Away
Iris
January Friend
Broadway
Better Days
Listen
Without You Here
Let Love In
Become
Give A Little Bit

Well I went with my friend Paul who I got into the goos a couple of years ago. We got to the venue at around 5.30pm and I guess we weren't badly placed in the queue, maybe just before half way down I guess. Anyways, they made an offer at the venue that if you go to the bar and buy a drink they'll stamp your ticket so you can jump the queue Angry which i wasn't best pleased about and refused to buy a drink out of principle. But we got let in at about 7pm and me and Paul managed to get right near the stage anyway, about 3 or 4 rows back so it was all good.

Then we waited an hour!! for the opening band 'Director' to come out and play, and I actually really enjoyed their set which lasted about half an hour. Then we waited another half hour for the goos!

They kicked off with Stay With You and it was amazing!!! The guys all looked great, and they look no different to the pictures and videos I've seen, it was as if I'd seen them in person before.

I thought the guys mic's were too low though cause the music sorta drowned them out a bit but I think it was just cause the sound system couldn't cope! lol

Best songs live were probably We'll Be Here which just rocked and Better Days cause everyone knew the words and the band just thumped it out, it was brilliant.

A highlight of the night was probably when Chad? the guitarist came to the front of the stage playing the iris solo and while he held a note he scratched one of the security guys' heads and the guy looked so surprised cause he was looking at the crowd and had no idea what had happened lol

I took loads of photos but on disposable cameras rather than on digital cause i really wanted film so i could print the photos myself, so if i actually have any decent ones I'll post them. Sorry not the best review but I've never done one before!!! lol
IP Logged

collegeunm
Goo God

View Profile

Re: Birmingham Review
« Reply #1 on: Jun 2nd, 2006, 11:41am »

that was a great review....sounds like you had a great time.....thanks for the review!!!

Shannon
IP Logged
Pon
Goo God

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

ai3oynamedgoo
View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jun 2nd, 2006, 8:49pm »

Name, naked, long way down, dizzy.....?
IP Logged
tkc1989
Goo God

~...Tonight's the night the world begins again...~

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jun 3rd, 2006, 3:54am »

Nope, they didn't play any of those, it's because this is just a promo tour to promote Let Love In, so most of the songs were from the new album.
IP Logged

ShanGooFan
Goo God

Goo Goo Dolls Rock!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jun 3rd, 2006, 9:36am »

Thanks for the great review Tim. I'm glad you had such an amazing show.
IP Logged

~Shannon~

"Music means to me.. ah...breathing. It's a heartbeat, it's rythm and it's passion. It's therapy. It's .... breathing". ~Keith Urban~

LouAndNic
Goo God

Hold on, Dream Away...

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: Jun 5th, 2006, 5:05am »

Great review for a great show - the band were really chatty in Birmingham and seemed to be having so much fun  Grin
IP Logged

Please click on the banner and request Goo in the UK! Graphics by Lea (RogueUK)
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]