Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « My West Palm Beach Review »

The World of Goo Boards
   Off Topic Board
   Archived Concert Review and Fan Pictures Forum
(Moderators: Shannon, MFC, Adela)
   My West Palm Beach Review
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: My West Palm Beach Review  (Read 1042 times)
rzezniksangel
Goo God

rzezniksangel
View Profile

My West Palm Beach Review
« on: Sep 3rd, 2006, 10:14pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

8/31/06

Left work right at 5 to head up to the Sound Advice Ampitheater.  Hit some heavy rain, and traffic due to an accident on the turnpike, but no big deal, I made good time. I was just about there when my friend called me...she was lost.  LOL.  So I was able to navigate her back towards the ampitheater.  Pulled into the parking lot about 5:50, and headed up to the will call box.  Got in line, picked up my little envelope, and with much anticipation walked over to where the rest of the IM members were waiting together.  I opened my ticket to find that I had gotten a seat in row P....yes, you read that right, my fan club ticket was in the SIXTEENTH row.  In my case, that evening, P stood for pissed!  So Mike came and got the meet & greet winners, while the rest of us went into the ampitheater.  My friend had gotten row C, along with quite a few other IM members, so when the opportunity arose, I snuck up to sit with them.  First up was Eliot Morris...he was pretty damn good.  One of these days I may even invest in his CD.  More people started filtering in, and I was afraid I was going to have to go back to my seat...but it turned out, that the people coming into the row were fellow IM members, who agreed to let me hang there, and we all stood up and squished together (there was another girl who had crappy seats with us too...gotta love Goo fans!!).  

Goo hit the stage right about 8pm....and the second I heard the first chords, and saw them come out, I realized how much I missed them!  They played for just about an hour and a half.  John was so talkative and opinionated.  He even went on a little tirade about how fake Paris Hilton and Lindsey Lohan were, calling them "f*****g waxy femmebots".  I just about died laughing.  He was making political jokes as well, saying that if you didn't buy their record that the terrorists win....just silly things.  It made me so happy to see them.    

I cried while John was talking right before Better Days.  He had been talking about Katrina & Rita, and then made note that we had problems of our own down here with Wilma, as well as the other things that are going on in the world....and it just brought tears to my eyes.  That man doesn't know how much that meant to me (and I'm sure to other people in the crowd).  

The show was over much too soon.  I managed to get one of John's guitar picks....then went and bought a tour shirt & dogtag necklace to add to the collection.  Stopped at 7-11 for a drink, and drove my hour home while on the phone with my best friend the whole time.  I had such a sore throat, and my whole body ached from dancing around all night...but it was definately worth it.  I can't wait to see them again.  Someone find me a way to get out of working so I can go to the two shows in December!!!

Pictures to come soon....I have to update my software first, and with dial up, that will take a while!  

IP Logged
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

Re: My West Palm Beach Review
« Reply #1 on: Sep 4th, 2006, 10:01am »

Sorry to hear about 16th row....I feel your pain as that's where I was for my show too. At least you managed to sneak up closer. You're right....Goo fans are the BEST!

Thanks for the review Melissa. I'm so happy things worked out for you in the end and despite the storms you still got to see your Goo show.
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

carlyn
Goo God

You drown in deeper oceans Inventing new religions

View Profile

Re: My West Palm Beach Review
« Reply #2 on: Sep 4th, 2006, 11:44am »

I would have been happy to have row P seats!  I had row V seats for Chicago and I thought they were excellent!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]