Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « STAR LOUNGE REPORT »

The World of Goo Boards
   Off Topic Board
   Archived Concert Review and Fan Pictures Forum
(Moderators: Shannon, MFC, Adela)
   STAR LOUNGE REPORT
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: STAR LOUNGE REPORT  (Read 2342 times)
gaga4googoo
Up, Up, Up

~and what you are is beautiful..~

View Profile Email

STAR LOUNGE REPORT
« on: Jan 8th, 2005, 4:14pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

OK GUYS so as I mentioned, my best friend and I went to the star lounge yesterday. Here's how it went...starting off, we are getting on the freeway blaring gutterflower and giggling like crazy over the thought of seeing Johnny in an hour...so we're on the freeway entrance and it's raining....and my tires slip on a patch of water and we go sliding down the freeway entrance like swirving, then we slide into oncoming traffic, not to mention big rigs. but for some reason we were extremely calm. probably from the johnny high we were on. so i turned on my emergencies because my car is now stalled, and the big rigs stopped and created a barrier so noone runs into us, then i put my car into park restart my car, turn around and we're off. the only thing we could think was, omg we almost didn't get to see johnny!!! so we get to the studio, and we check in, and apparently i was supposed to donate online with my credit card the night before, or give them a check. they wouldn't take my credit card right there, so i had to write a check, for 1000 dollars that i don't have in my account!! but if i didn't do that, then i wouldn't be let in! so now i have to cancel that check and do it online. ah such a hassle. so finally we are let in to the star lounge after hearing them warm up Grin and i rushed in there to get a good seat. all the seats were good cause the room was sooo small it was like the size of a master bedroom maybe smaller. so we get to the couch that's RIGHT IN FRONT OF JOHNNY like 50 yard line. and it was torture waiting for them to come out. Finally the radio  dj's introduce them and johnny comes out  Shocked i thought iwas gonna cry! so he starts by playing broadway, he was singng with his eyes closed a lot. Robby was having a good time, he's so fun to watch! he kept looking at me and smiling and i kept giggling cuase he's such a goof. oh and miyoko was there too. she's tiny!! SO during a break, they do a weather report and johhny cuts in sayng. it's raining! It was funny. he said that he is driving to buffalo today with a couple friends for some fun, instead of flying also. They only played 5 songs but it was a good time. the ceiling was low, and when Robby was taking his guitar off he kept hitting it on the cieling. it happened twice. then during one song, on of robby's guitars that was right next to him fell over, and JOhnny looked over and chuckled during his song. it was cute!! After they performed they had us stay in the room and the station took a group shot of us with the band. so they positioned us infront of the couch my friend and i were sitting on, and for some reason she was in the back of the couch. i knew the band was gonna sit in the front so i was excited when they kept me in the front. i was on the ground in front of two little boys. then robby came out and made a noise to scare everyone and jumped on the couch and sat on the back rest of it. then johnny came out and i think i stopped breathing. he walked right next to me and shook the two little boys hands, and i wanted to shake his hand but i felt stupid for some reason. iwas just staring at him, then he looks at me  Shocked Shocked Shocked and he was sooo close to my face and goes. how are you? i didn't know what to do i ws like in shock, and so finally i sqeaked out, I'm good how are you? omg he was right in my face! his eyes omg and his skin and his mouth! oh man oh man is all i can say!! then mike sat on the ground and i sat right next to him. it was great. perfect. a dream come true. I took many pictures. i have to pick them up soon so i'll try to post them if i can figure it out! oh an di got one of johhny boxers! he turned around and they were like sticking out of his pants!! okay. take care guys!
IP Logged
gaga4googoo
Up, Up, Up

View Profile Email

Re: STAR LOUNGE REPORT
« Reply #1 on: Jan 8th, 2005, 4:18pm »

let me rephrase that. i didn't take one of johhny's boxers....i wouldn't mind, hehe. i took a picture of them haha. i reread it and was like, yeah. sounds like i stole his underwear! there's the answer to boxers or briefs!! unless he isn't wearing anything hehe
IP Logged
urbanpotions
Naked

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jan 8th, 2005, 4:37pm »

Wow!!  How awesome for you and your friend!!  Can't wait to see the pics!!  Thanks for the report Cheesy
IP Logged
Lea
Goo God

RogueUK

Lea32R
View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 8th, 2005, 4:51pm »

Grin Ah, I just LOVE hearing all the Goo stories on this board. I was thinking of you while listening to the set online yesterday. Sounds like you had a GREAT time...have you come down yet?! lol. I would still be walking on air, personally!  Cheesy  

A bunch of us were hanging out here listening in and  
posting uncontrollably lol. The boys sounded GREAT...and the experience could only be made better by watching it live and right in the same room! It's cool that it was so small and intimate, made it extra special for you I guess  Cheesy

on Jan 8th, 2005, 4:14pm, gaga4googoo wrote:
Robby was having a good time, he's so fun to watch! he kept looking at me and smiling and i kept giggling cuase he's such a goof. oh and miyoko was there too. she's tiny!!

Lol but he's tiny too, so it all works out for the best I guess!  

on Jan 8th, 2005, 4:14pm, gaga4googoo wrote:
I took many pictures. i have to pick them up soon so i'll try to post them if i can figure it out! oh an di got one of johhny boxers! he turned around and they were like sticking out of his pants!! okay. take care guys!

Pictures! Woo! We got one pic on the Journal update... Lol, I've never seen a picture of Johnny's underwear....I imagine you'll make a lot of girls very happy by posting it!
IP Logged

ShanGooFan
Goo God

Goo Goo Dolls Rock!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jan 8th, 2005, 5:21pm »

Great review. I could just feel how excited your were. Thanks for sharing your story. I can't wait to see your pictures.
IP Logged

~Shannon~

"Music means to me.. ah...breathing. It's a heartbeat, it's rythm and it's passion. It's therapy. It's .... breathing". ~Keith Urban~

JaniGoo

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 8th, 2005, 6:18pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Thanks for your review! I was listening to the radio station broadcasting live last night! I heard the dj say a girl named Anna donated $1,000.00  - was that you? How exciting that you were actually there! Can't wait to see your pics, too!
« Last Edit: Jan 8th, 2005, 6:20pm by JaniGoo » IP Logged
pink boa lady
Goo God

4/24/99 taken Ruston, LA-Rite-Aid Signed 12/2/02

cassiet76   sassycassie76
View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 8th, 2005, 6:49pm »

wow!!! what a great review!!!

i know how easy it is to get the OMG OMG OMG Shocked he's right in front of me feeling!!! Grin

can't wait to see your pic's!
IP Logged

GGD fan since '98.
Mom to Thomas and Henry!
googirl28
Dizzy

googirl28  
View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Jan 8th, 2005, 6:55pm »

OMG!!!!  I would still be flying.  You are soooo lucky to have experienced being soooooo close to Johnny!!!!!!!   :drool: :drama:

Thanks for sharing your story.  I am sooooo jealous!!!
IP Logged
gaga4googoo
Up, Up, Up

View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: Jan 9th, 2005, 5:12am »

yeah i'm still pretty much on cloud 9 thinking about it. and no. i'm not anna, i'm Elizabeth, we both gave $1000 i guess!
IP Logged
babsil30
Goo God

What's the point in all this screaming

babsil30  
View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: Jan 9th, 2005, 8:36am »

absolutely amazing! so glad you had a great time!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

-Babs

PS
Been so busy with work and family stuff, didn't even know they were playing at the Star Lounge.  Where is that? CA?
« Last Edit: Jan 9th, 2005, 8:42am by babsil30 » IP Logged

I put my heavy coat on for a while
It's freezing in the corner of my mind

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]