Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Tonight's Intimate Party in Buff!!! »

The World of Goo Boards
   Off Topic Board
   Archived Concert Review and Fan Pictures Forum
(Moderators: Shannon, MFC, Adela)
   Tonight's Intimate Party in Buff!!!
« Previous topic | No topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Tonight's Intimate Party in Buff!!!  (Read 2989 times)
deniblue
I'm Addicted

Everything's GOOd in Idaho!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: Tonight's Intimate Party in Buff!!!
« Reply #10 on: Jul 1st, 2004, 10:50am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

ROCK ON!  I'm envious..but so happy for you.  Have a great time Sunday...I'll be thinking of you all!
IP Logged

Deni
Crazy for GOO!
True2Goo
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Jul 1st, 2004, 3:08pm »

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: That's all I can say to that!!
IP Logged

"You're not out to impress anyone. If you set goals to impress others than you can never truely make yourself happy." ~ John Rzeznik
ShanGooFan
Goo God

Goo Goo Dolls Rock!

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Jul 1st, 2004, 3:58pm »

Hey everyone Country and I just got back ... literally walked in the door. We had a blast!!!!!!!  There was no way to explain how awesome this event was.... I'm speechless right now.  Right before the meet and greet I was overcome with nervousness. I literally forgot how to speak. When it came time to meet them I shook their hands and said "HI nice to meet you".... what is that?  I didn't even tell them my name. I didn't say any of the things I wanted to say. My mind was a complete blank.  But I did get to shake their hands and at least speak to them up close. Hopefully if I meet them again I'll have my mind back.  

We were in the second row on Robby's side right in front of him. We met Coloradogoo, Julesgoo, NMF016, and Tigerlilly. I'm sure there's more but I'm drawing a blank right now. Nicole, I hope your head's okay from the pick. Robby was so awesome. He kept smiling at us all night and threw 3 picks at us. Country made this awesome banner for the NYE show which didn't quite make the stage. While we were waiting in line outside ... the DVD camera man came up to us and had us hold it up and asked Country to talk about it. He did two shots of her talking about it .. one for audio and one for video.  Then later when the guys were talking during the concert, Country was able to throw her banner on stage. Robby held it up and was joking around and put it on like a cape.  And, John said "Oh, cool".  The concert of course went by too fast but they packed the songs into that one hour ... it was awesome.

Afterward we went down to Chippewa St. We ended up running into the guys who were behind us in line for the meet and greet. We talked and hung out with them for the rest of the night. Two of the guys were in the army and they were so nice.  We also met the cultural attache' of Buffalo. We hung out with them at a bar called the Crocodile which is one of the oldest bars in Buffalo.  Buffalo is such a great city. I found myself wishing for more time to hang out there.  We hung out downtown until 2am. WOW!!! What a great night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'll never forget this night.

Going to get the pics developed soon. I'll post them as soon as I can.

Country will post her experience when she gets home later.

Shannon
« Last Edit: Jul 1st, 2004, 6:27pm by ShanGooFan » IP Logged

~Shannon~

"Music means to me.. ah...breathing. It's a heartbeat, it's rythm and it's passion. It's therapy. It's .... breathing". ~Keith Urban~

nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #13 on: Jul 1st, 2004, 4:59pm »

Hi Shannon!  Yes, the pick did not injure me and now I have two picks as lovely souveniers (it's amazing what you see if you just look at the ground!)  And you did well at the 'meet and greet'!
IP Logged
Dances with Goo

Email

« Reply #14 on: Jul 1st, 2004, 5:48pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Jul 1st, 2004, 8:23am, nmf016 wrote:

I'm just lucky 10 people didn't dive on me afterwards for the pick.  Cheesy

Now, THAT would HURT! Ouch.
It sounds like everyone had a fun night!

And Shannon, the first time I met one of the Goo's it was Mike, and I said exactly the same thing..."Hi, Mike, it's nice to meet you". I always forget everything I intended to say, and forget to introduce myself. Just nervousness. But it's fun.
« Last Edit: Jul 1st, 2004, 5:53pm by Dances_with_Goo » IP Logged
Kristinagoo
Dizzy

Its freezing in the corner of my mind

kristnamia
View Profile

« Reply #15 on: Jul 1st, 2004, 7:55pm »

I'll join you in that because everything I wanted to say to John went right out the window! I got close to him and basically stared at him by the bar (or drooled is more like it LOL)

It was so awesome! I wish I would have met you girls, we should have held up signs!  Grin

I am so bummed that my pictures didn't come out, I hope you guys have better luck. Can someone PLEASE post some if they do, I am dying!!!
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | No topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]