Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Re: Starting Out »

The World of Goo Boards
   Off Topic Board
   Musicians Forum
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Re: Starting Out
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Re: Starting Out  (Read 2064 times)
tkc1989
Goo God

~...Tonight's the night the world begins again...~

View Profile

« on: Oct 29th, 2006, 3:36am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

If your just starting out you should probably get an acoustic, I know a lot of people just dive in with an electric but I think once you've mastered acoustic you'll find electric so much easier. But if you want one that'll sound good acoustic and through an amp I'd get an electro-acoustic, not sure what ones they've got going over in the US but I'm sure there'll be some that aren't that expensive. Smiley Hope that helps.
IP Logged

tkc1989
Goo God

~...Tonight's the night the world begins again...~

View Profile

« Reply #1 on: Nov 8th, 2006, 5:01pm »

Better Days, Iris, Black Balloon, Without You Here...a lot of the songs are actually pretty easy! lol
IP Logged

Christian
I'm Addicted

The Infernal Bridegroom

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 6th, 2006, 4:05pm »

There are some here.

http://ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/goo_goo_dolls_tabs.htm

I haven't checked out all of the LLI tabs that have been submitted, but they seem decent. The Can't Let It Go one is pretty good in my opinion.
IP Logged

And all the perfume rare, now buried in the shade
jetskiters
Dizzy

jetskiters   jetskiters
View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Dec 12th, 2006, 11:25pm »

i think slide is in standard tuning... and it's pretty easy to play.. try it one time! i think GALB is too...

i'm trying to learn how to play goo songs too but yeah, it's such a pain to tune the guitar everytime!
IP Logged
Heather
Naked

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 2nd, 2007, 12:17pm »

I totally agree. Get an acoustic and dude don't get a 4000.00 dollar one and dont get a cheap one either.  
You want one that stays in tune and made sure where you get it from they adjust the neck for you.
Cause if you don't know what your doing, you can  worpe the neck.

Also with IRIS, If you don't want to tune it, try using a Capo on the 7th fret.  and  Mess with it. I think the chords are E minor and G for starting out.
Its probably going to be hard as hell but remember you canuse a capo if you dont want to tune. it's just hard on some songs

Heather
IP Logged
jfbrown42
Naked

Goo Goo noob

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Apr 15th, 2007, 2:36pm »

If you're a big fan of the newer Goo Goo Dolls sound, you probably want an acoustic guitar. Here are some companies that make inexpensive ($150 - $300) acoustic guitars: Squier, Fender, Yamaha, Epiphone. Sorry, you won't find the kind of guitars Johnny plays (Guild, Taylor) in that price range.

If you like the harder, more rocking sound, get an electric guitar. They are easier on the fingers because the "action" is lower so they are easier to learn on I think. You won't really find any solid-body electrics with a good acoustic (unplugged) sound too, so you'll need to get an amp. You can always get the amp later after you learn how to play.

In terms of songs, I think "Slide" is pretty easy. You can play it with all open chords. I'm working on "What a Scene"  now. It uses barre chords, so it's a little more advanced. "Name" uses an alternate tuning (requires retuning unless you have spare guitars lying around) and "Acoustic #3" is fingerpicked, so they are harder to play (for me anyway).

Good luck and have fun with it!  
IP Logged

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]