Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Manners at Goo Shows »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Manners at Goo Shows
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Manners at Goo Shows  (Read 891 times)
JohnnysValentine
Goo God

LS3041   Lauren3540
View Profile WWW Email

Manners at Goo Shows
« on: Oct 23rd, 2010, 6:38pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I'm interested in your opinion...do you think Goo fans have the best manners at shows because I do! A friend who went to the free Bon Jovi concert for the gulf told me horror stories and I can't help thinking that in my experience Goo fans would not behave that way. At the Bon Jovi show the people who won VIP from the fan club (my friend included) were able to enter first and find a spot on the beach. When the rest of the audience was let in there were some people who said to my friend "I belong up here, I live in Alabama" to which my friend flashed her wrist band and said she wasn't moving. This woman was swearing at my friend and refused to leave the VIP area, she just found another spot.  My friend got shoved and sworn at when she went to the restroom and tried to make her way back to her spot where she put down her blanket. My friend invited me to go to this show with her but I opted to go to Chattanooga to see the Goos. I made the right decision!!!

Lauren
IP Logged
DWG

Email

Re: Manners at Goo Shows
« Reply #1 on: Oct 23rd, 2010, 8:15pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Not to say that similar things may or may not happen at a Goo show, but this type of behavior is part of why I don't go to Bon Jovi concerts anymore.
« Last Edit: Oct 23rd, 2010, 8:16pm by Dances_with_Goo » IP Logged
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Oct 23rd, 2010, 10:14pm »

I have been squished in a crowd with some really awful GGD fans and I have been in crowds of really nice people at GGD shows.  I think every crowd is different.

My worst GA experience was not at a GGD concert and my best GA experience was not at a GGD concert.

That being said, if you are at a GA show and leave your spot, then it should not shock you that people are unwilling to let you return to your spot easily.  It is not the crowd's responsibility to remember every person who leaves and allow them back.  So many jerks show up 5 minutes before the concert and think they can just push their way past the entire crowd of people who has been waiting that it ruins it for people who are genuinely trying to return to their spot.  If you're in a desirable spot in a GA crowd, either don't leave or be prepared for difficulty returning.
IP Logged
lionhill
I'm Addicted

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Oct 26th, 2010, 5:54am »

I've been to a jazillion concerts, and I agree that the Goo crowds are less terrible than many (but that does of course depend). I think that's partially because many Goo fans are 30+ years old, and that the music doesn't attract the rowdiest crowds (think Slipknot).
IP Logged

angry_little_girls
Naked

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Nov 4th, 2010, 6:23pm »

I've had some rough experiences in Goo crowds.  I was at a show where a woman in the GA pit had a seizure and the crowd refused to move out of the way to let medical personel through b/c people didn't want to lose their spots (esp people on the rail).   This was one of the worst, but definately not the only one.  I think there are greedy fans associated with every band.   Undecided  Luckily, there are also many great fans out there and if you can get past the ugly parts, the concert experience is so much fun.  Especially when you can share your favorite music with someone who loves them as much as you.

IP Logged
Christina
Goo God

I got a head that don't let me sleef

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: Nov 4th, 2010, 6:48pm »

^ Wow, that's horrible. Sad Perhaps some of the crowd weren't aware of the situation going on behind them, but you'd think people would have the common sense to see medical personnel and get out of their way.

Anyway, on the whole I think I've gotta echo Nicole's comments:
on Oct 23rd, 2010, 10:14pm, sftrOu wrote:
I have been squished in a crowd with some really awful GGD fans and I have been in crowds of really nice people at GGD shows.  I think every crowd is different.

My worst GA experience was not at a GGD concert and my best GA experience was not at a GGD concert.

I've definitely seen (and experienced) some cattiness and rude behavior at GA Goo shows in the past, but I've had some great experiences as well. Fortunately in my experience the good crowds tend to outweigh the lousy ones.

But every band's audience is going to have some bad apples...
« Last Edit: Nov 4th, 2010, 6:51pm by Christina » IP Logged

"i have never wanted something so badly as having people just show up at ggd concerts dressed as presidential fruit"
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]