Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « VIP »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   VIP
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: VIP  (Read 2369 times)
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

Re: VIP
« Reply #10 on: May 2nd, 2010, 3:19pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on May 1st, 2010, 4:38pm, sympathy_0 wrote:
I get it, but I do not know exactly why people are so mad. Are people saying that its unfair because no can really pay that much for a good seat, so everyone is stuck with shitty seats? Even so, it seems like thats the way life works, so I say deal with it! Smiley  

I really didn't mean for that to sound bitchy, haha.
I do get why people are upset though.

Here are my issues.  If you don't agree with me, that's fine.

1.  IM members pay for membership.  Part of that membership includes access to ticket pre-sales.  An IM staff member said that 4% of the venue was allocated for the IM.  Suddenly, that 4% is cut into by 'premium' packages which eat up the best tickets offered through the IM.

2.  There are price levels for seats set by Ticketmaster/Live Nation/promoters/whoever.  For the two shows that have gone on sale for the summer tour, the price of the best seats, the first couple rows, are priced at about $53.  The GGDs fanclub is selling these tickets for $250 (by adding in a t shirt and a poster..).  That's 5 times their face value.  They are essentially scalping their own tickets.  

3.  If you have read any of the GGDs recent interviews or seen them during their spring tour, you have been subjected to them (mainly John) talking about the tough economic times and how we need to bond together.  You will have heard John say he is trying to be a voice for the everyday working man (I could start a whole new thread about that bullshit, but I won't) on this new album.  Trying to be the guy who speaks for the people who have lost their jobs and are struggling to make ends meet while selling $53 tickets for $2000 is mind blowingly hypocritical.  Saying 'I'm doing this for the money' and doing it for the money is infinitely more respectful to the fans than saying one thing and doing another.

Hold off your pie charts until the next summer show goes on sale.  I will provide you numbers to make 'before' and 'after' pie charts.
IP Logged
sympathy_0
Goo God

Never you mind.

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: May 2nd, 2010, 6:06pm »

Oh ok. I missed the fact that IM members are supposed to get presale for the best tickets, it makes more sense now. That is actually, really unfair. I hope if they come to Canada (preferably Halifax again) they won't do that. They didn't have pre sales I don't think for that show, but I paid like 60 dollars and was on the gate. I was a happy camper.

Sorry if I seemed like a total snarky bitch. I would actually rather die than pay 2000 to see anyone. 200 would be my limit.
IP Logged

www.youtube.com/forbuss
DWG

Email

« Reply #12 on: May 3rd, 2010, 9:42pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Think that's bad? Check out Ticketmaster VIP seats for Bon Jovi.

pirates.

:pirate: :pirate: :pirate:

Edit:
Oh, yeah, I almost forgot. If you're a fan fool enough to buy those VIP seats for a Jovi concert you get to suffer the indignity of having Jovi's security goons go searching the arena for bodaceous bimbos that they will place in front of you during the concert. So instead of seeing the band you get to see some chick bouncing her tatas around while she tries to make believe she knows one of the songs. Gawd awful situation. /end rant
« Last Edit: May 3rd, 2010, 9:46pm by Dances_with_Goo » IP Logged
sympathy_0
Goo God

Never you mind.

View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: May 4th, 2010, 1:08am »

on May 3rd, 2010, 9:42pm, DWG wrote:
Think that's bad? Check out Ticketmaster VIP seats for Bon Jovi.

pirates.

:pirate: :pirate: :pirate:

Edit:
Oh, yeah, I almost forgot. If you're a fan fool enough to buy those VIP seats for a Jovi concert you get to suffer the indignity of having Jovi's security goons go searching the arena for bodaceous bimbos that they will place in front of you during the concert. So instead of seeing the band you get to see some chick bouncing her tatas around while she tries to make believe she knows one of the songs. Gawd awful situation. /end rant

HAHA! Oh no! I would definatly have to do some spine snapping.

Just kidding, of course.
IP Logged

www.youtube.com/forbuss
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]