Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Community Thread 4: The Reckoning »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Community Thread 4: The Reckoning
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20  ...  77 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Community Thread 4: The Reckoning  (Read 72158 times)
Nicole
Goo God

View Profile

Re: Community Thread 4: The Reckoning
« Reply #170 on: Apr 6th, 2010, 4:52pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Apr 6th, 2010, 3:17pm, nmf016 wrote:

I don't even know what the story is that I'm supposed to add to..

Drew changed his name and we joked about changing our names to other people's.  I changed my name to Shade, Drew's old name and thought I creeped him out so I changed over to DWG for a while and then became 'the red o' because we had been talking about it.  Then Drew came back, became 'the blue o' because he's a pain who copies me a lot ( Cheesy ) and then others jumped on the bandwagon.  Hilarity ensued.

Os I recall: red, blue, green, fuchsia, purple, yellow, orange, black, white, teal, angel, chocolate

The best part of the whole 'o' thing is still Nicole joining the board and becoming an o immediately.  I am still convinced Nicole is an elaborate prank by Drew.

Tasers: I believe tasers came from the ridiculous chats some of us had and they carried over to the board.  I said something about buying tasers and Drew told me they should have Os engraved on them.  So I made a (crappy) taser with an O on it.  DWG said it looked like a face.  So I made the lady taser and Drew did whatever he does with everything

haha yeah that seems pretty accurate. I remember the long Gabbler chats with lots of insanity and name changing.
IP Logged
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #171 on: Apr 6th, 2010, 6:04pm »

IP Logged
Nicole
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #172 on: Apr 6th, 2010, 6:53pm »

on Apr 6th, 2010, 6:04pm, nmf016 wrote:

hahahahahah
IP Logged
Nicole
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #173 on: Apr 6th, 2010, 7:06pm »

on Feb 5th, 2007, 6:44pm, Drew wrote:
What a momentous occasion. The conclusion of the first part (of many) of the Name Change Thread. Why, I remember the day I made this thread....actually, I can't even remember what I ate this morning, let alone what I posted months ago.

But even though the thread will live on, just in a newer, faster thread, I'd still like to take this time to thank the many things that helped this thread make it what it is.

Firstly, you've gotta thank the tasers. We wouldn't have won so many turf wars without them. And the O breakfast products...I mean, nmf may not like them but we forced her to eat them anyway. Along with a lot of bacon. That was a good time.  

Gotta thank Shannon for allowing me to post it here and start the madness...I suppose I should thank myself for hating my previous name...I think the Goos may have had a part in this, too, I'm not sure. We'll thank them just in case.

We have to thank the album artist who messed up, thinking "Out of the Red" said "the red o" and thus created the red o on the LLI cover that spawned the o cult. I'd also like to thank Vince Vaughn and K-Fed for providing their names for the services of the chat sessions that were always primarily made up of o's. Might as well thank Chester Lewis, too, while I'm at it. Somewhere out there he's getting beat up in an alley somewhere, but we won't hold a moment of silence 'cause he's a jerk anyway.

Oh yeah, thank you to the posters who posted. I suppose it wasn't possible for the thread to post by itself, so you all picked up the slack and got it to 150 pages. Give yourself 150 pats on the back...or 150 slaps across the face, I dunno if its a good or bad thing this got so long.

And now for some memories of this thread. Firstly, you've gotta remember the trophies. They were awesome until I got the Stanley Cup and nmf started using the same trophy for everyone. I mean, jeeze, she couldn't have stolen the other fake Stanley Cups that the NHL has, too? Or maybe the World Series trophy? Some people...

Then there were the song parodies...we won't talk much about those. There was the Goo on Goo love, the different avatars for every occasion, a bunch of dancing nanners, some post and birthday celebrations, iPods, Canadian money, penguins, Vault, the eating of souls, the undercover felt blue o, not to mention that time we found the underground archive containing SSCW2 and it's 36 stunning tracks, the time we survived the apocalypse, the time we saved the rainforests, the time Walt Disney came back to life to make a movie about us, and the time we all went on a trip to Hawaii. Oh, the memories...

But now it's time to kill this part and start fresh, so here's the link to Part II of the ATTN: Name Change thread:
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/cgi-bin/ggd/YaBB.cgi?board=maingooboard;act ion=display;num=1170722765;start=0#3

hahaha chester lewis, kfed and the apocalypse!
IP Logged
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #174 on: Apr 6th, 2010, 7:16pm »

That post is the only good thing Drew has ever done on this board.

IP Logged
sympathy_0
Goo God

Never you mind.

View Profile WWW

« Reply #175 on: Apr 6th, 2010, 8:57pm »

I don't actually remember if I was ever an O. Hmm. We Will see. I may have been the chocolate one, but I am completely not sure. Anywho!

It would actually be really weird if Nicole was a creation of Drews. I would probably be freaked out, and start thinking that everyone on the site is in fact him, and I am just sitting here day after day reading comments from a physco bi polar nutcase.

Cheesy
IP Logged

www.youtube.com/forbuss
Nicole
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #176 on: Apr 6th, 2010, 9:52pm »

on Apr 6th, 2010, 8:57pm, sympathy_0 wrote:

It would actually be really weird if Nicole was a creation of Drews. I would probably be freaked out, and start thinking that everyone on the site is in fact him, and I am just sitting here day after day reading comments from a physco bi polar nutcase.

Cheesy

hahaha I'm pretty sure I'm a real person... but then again I apparently called myself a hobo and a jerk and positive I had the woohoo smiley randomly appear in my signature.. I may be the crazy one. Lol

and because school has taken over my life and i'm in a psychology and gender studies ranting mode.... it would technically be dissociative identity disorder if someone had multiple identities. Bipolar dx is when someone goes through times of euphoria followed by disphoria...   Smiley
« Last Edit: Apr 6th, 2010, 10:25pm by Nicole » IP Logged
sympathy_0
Goo God

Never you mind.

View Profile WWW

« Reply #177 on: Apr 6th, 2010, 10:36pm »

on Apr 6th, 2010, 9:52pm, Nicole wrote:

hahaha I'm pretty sure I'm a real person... but then again I apparently called myself a hobo and a jerk and positive I had the woohoo smiley randomly appear in my signature.. I may be the crazy one. Lol

and because school has taken over my life and i'm in a psychology and gender studies ranting mode.... it would technically be dissociative identity disorder if someone had multiple identities. Bipolar dx is when someone goes through times of euphoria followed by disphoria...   Smiley

Haha I know too many people that have that! Just one really. A guy I recently dated was literally INSANE. Would freak out at me one second then forget that he did the next day and act as if everything was ok.. Kindof Heinous. Smiley
IP Logged

www.youtube.com/forbuss
sympathy_0
Goo God

Never you mind.

View Profile WWW

« Reply #178 on: Apr 7th, 2010, 3:43am »

Are the chats still happening? I am assuming not, but they should! I would love that. Shool and my friends are driving me insane, I can't wait to move back home for the summer.

Haha. We should hire someone to keep track of it. Hmm.

We can give them this bag
IP Logged

www.youtube.com/forbuss
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #179 on: Apr 7th, 2010, 7:45pm »

my nemesis, the cursive o, we meet again.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20  ...  77 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]