Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Community Thread 4: The Reckoning »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Community Thread 4: The Reckoning
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Community Thread 4: The Reckoning  (Read 71793 times)
DWG

Email

Re: Community Thread 4: The Reckoning
« Reply #760 on: Jan 25th, 2015, 12:57pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hey people... what's up?

What are you all listening to these days?

I'm going in reverse time. Listening to lots of early Fleetwood Mac, Donovan, Cat Stevens. Saw both the Mac (twice) and Yusuf/Cat Stevens (twice) recently. Extremely good concerts.
IP Logged
sympathy_0
Goo God

Never you mind.

View Profile WWW

« Reply #761 on: May 4th, 2015, 9:02pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Jan 25th, 2015, 12:57pm, DWG wrote:
Hey people... what's up?

What are you all listening to these days?

I'm going in reverse time. Listening to lots of early Fleetwood Mac, Donovan, Cat Stevens. Saw both the Mac (twice) and Yusuf/Cat Stevens (twice) recently. Extremely good concerts.

I also saw Fleetwood Mac in Boston! They were AMAZING. I am naturally still listening to a lot of them and Stevie Nicks' solo stuff. I'm also really digging Robyn still, and have recently gotten really back on Sarah McLachlan's early stuff.. Amazing!

Woah it's been sooo long since I have posted. Am I a Goo God yet? I'll wait and see after this posts.. Haha.

How is everyone?

*EDIT* Yes, I am a Goo God!  

:nanner:

Can't believe I have posted over 2K..
« Last Edit: May 4th, 2015, 9:06pm by sympathy_0 » IP Logged

www.youtube.com/forbuss
Shade
Another Thread Killer
I'm Addicted

View Profile

« Reply #762 on: Nov 26th, 2019, 6:22pm »

I just heard that great Goo Goo Dolls song Hey Jealousy and thought I'd stop by and say hi.
IP Logged
Shade
Another Thread Killer
I'm Addicted

View Profile

« Reply #763 on: Nov 26th, 2019, 6:47pm »

For some reason it won't let me post a new thread, so I'll just post here what I was going to say:

Just picked up GGD's new album Dizzy Up the Girl (DUTG for short).

I have to say, it's NOT what I expected after such masterpiece albums as Miracle Pill and Let Love In. I haven't taken in all of the lyrics yet, but here are my first impressions:

*Dizzy is kind of a weird song. A bit too guitar-heavy for my tastes, although I could see it being used in a movie trailer or something.
*Slide sounds kinda 90's to me. I dunno, maybe it could do well as a single but probably not Top 40.
*I wish I knew which Broadway Robby is singing about in Broadway! I know like 50 different Broadway streets I just wish I knew which one this was!!
*John's voice in January Friend is a little bit grating but you kinda get used to it after a few listens.
*Black Balloon is very close to being an awesome song. I would get rid of the strings and put in a subtle techno beat that ramps up toward the end.
*What A Scene is a bit of a weird follow-up to Black Balloon...kinda sounds like a different style like it should be on a different album or something.
*I think Bullet Proof is the sequel to Bulletproofangel but it just goes in a completely different direction. I dunno, I think I'd just like it more  if it sounded like the latter. Maybe make it piano only or something.
*All Eyes On Me is legit good. I bet they will play it at all of their shows. No way they would go years and years without playing it.
*Amy's Gone is good, but John pronounces the name weirdly. I'd also tone down the guitar and make it a dance beat.
*Acoustic #3 should be a bit moodier I think. I also thought this was going to be Mike Malinin's songHuh??
*Extra Pale is where I got really disappointed. Really? Really Goo Goo Dolls? You're going to sell out to a beer company? Why not just have a song about ecstasy or terrorism or something??
*IRS is ok. I don't think it will go anywhere, especially being named after a government agency. Seriously, the inspiration for this album is so weird.
*Hate This Place sounds like some band my dad listens to. The Basements I think.

Anyway, that's just kinda my first thoughts. Maybe it will grow on me, but so far I'm not really feeling this album. I hope they go back to their old style with the new albums. What are your thoughtsHuh!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]