Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Question for the Goos, always wanted to know »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Question for the Goos, always wanted to know
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Question for the Goos, always wanted to know  (Read 2622 times)
Lea
Goo God

RogueUK

Lea32R
View Profile Email

Re: Question for the Goos, always wanted to know
« Reply #10 on: Feb 20th, 2005, 5:43pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Feb 20th, 2005, 4:53pm, SassyMay wrote:
http://www.googoodolls.com/goochat_050604.html                                                                                                         here is a link to the transcript. Cool

Oh geez, I wonder WHO was doing the typing...LMAO look:

Reply from goo goo dolls: Robby... John has the best score, but Robby has the most dramatic leadup...

DOTS DOTS DOTS. Woot. I have a thing with dots too. I think it's indicative of a scrambled thought process  Tongue

and I like the shameless Juliet Dagger plug:

Reply from goo goo dolls: PJ Harvey.... Cocteau twins... garbage... the juliet dagger

I know what you mean, SupaFireCross...it was like when they did the starlounge thing and I was able to listen to it IN REAL TIME, it was so cool...especially being stuck in Britain, it's very rare that I get Goo in real time, and you're right, it does feel 'closer' somehow.  Grin

Yes, an UPDATE...we were promised updates, I seem to remember. We were promised photos and competitions. Robby surely wouldn't lie to us, would he?  Cry NEEEEED info...lol we're so demanding  Wink It's for a GOOd cause though *groans at her own pun*  
IP Logged

juniper
Naked

View Profile Email

« Reply #11 on: Feb 21st, 2005, 2:36am »

on Feb 19th, 2005, 9:47pm, monessarae wrote:
How exactly does a chat work?  Is everyone just throwing questions out there?  Is it really them in the chat?  If it is I bet it's robby.  Or is John in on it too?
Sorry to side track, but don't know much about how the chat works
By the way, that's a great question for them.
Moe

I want to know too, how the thing with the chat works....what do I have to do? :thinkin: Where can I see when there is a chat again...and where do you find the transcripts....I've never seen anything about a chat on the goo site... :ponders:

Could someone please explain it to us...
IP Logged

ShanGooFan
Goo God

Goo Goo Dolls Rock!

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Feb 21st, 2005, 7:29am »

The chats were held through the official Goo site. If they have another one they'll announce it in an update through their site. They usually have a special "chat" button ... like the "update" button. Once you enter that area there's a link to click on for the chat. You had to have updated Windows Explorer to participate but all that info was included in the update before the chat...including links to update everything necessary to participate. They haven't done a chat since last May or June.

Once you got into the chatroom there was an area to submit questions. The chat was moderated by Brian, the Slenderfungus guy who designs their website. You submitted your questions and waited. They answered the questions they wanted to and just ignored the rest. They were very playful and silly during the first one and tended to answer those type of questions rather than serious ones. They also had a link for a webcam which updated pics every 30 seconds. Those chats were so much fun. I'm hoping they do one again soon. We were lucky to get two chats fairly close together last year and then they canceled the last one and never rescheduled ... to busy I guess.

I hope this answers all your questions. Don't panic. If they schedule a chat it will be announced in an official update and then discussed on every Goo board...you won't miss the info ... LOL
« Last Edit: Feb 21st, 2005, 7:30am by ShanGooFan » IP Logged

~Shannon~

"Music means to me.. ah...breathing. It's a heartbeat, it's rythm and it's passion. It's therapy. It's .... breathing". ~Keith Urban~

AZGooFan
Goo God

I can't help it, Goo music just makes me happy!

azgoofan
View Profile

« Reply #13 on: Feb 21st, 2005, 10:47am »

on Feb 20th, 2005, 11:42am, ShanGooFan wrote:
Oh yeah, there was definitely a webcam. Someone has one of the photos in their siggie pic ... :thinkin: just can't remember who. I just looked through my huge Goo photo album but I didn't save any of those webcam photos. Now I do know that there are many who did. Come on Goo peeps... who's got some pictures from the Goo chats they can share for those who missed?

I saved the pics from the GOO cam from both chats.  You can see them here:

GOO chat from 4/22/04

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=4176406&uid=7 66940

GOO chat from 5/6/04

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=4264893&uid=7 66940
IP Logged

magoo1516
I'm Addicted

"I'm building a BRAIN in my BASEMENT." ~John

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Feb 21st, 2005, 11:38am »

on Feb 20th, 2005, 3:32pm, peanut wrote:
I want to know why John always mumbles the ending of the sentences in Dizzy.  That drives me crazy.  Such a cool song.  

Yeah! And he has a mumbled sentence in Slide that many people have tried to identify, but has yet to be solved. (3 lines are all said around the exact same time and 1 is really lost)  

But the question I REALLY want answered and I've asked at both chats and had ignored is... What the heck does the phrase "One the Lie" mean?  It makes no sense!  And of course, the one time I met John, I forgot to ask. I'm such a dork.  
IP Logged

"I'm not perfect, I dont give a f*ck. You're not perfect, and I STILL dont give a f---." JR
Lea
Goo God

RogueUK

Lea32R
View Profile Email

« Reply #15 on: Feb 21st, 2005, 2:26pm »

on Feb 21st, 2005, 10:47am, AZGooFan wrote:

I saved the pics from the GOO cam from both chats.  You can see them here:

GOO chat from 4/22/04

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=4176406&uid=7 66940

GOO chat from 5/6/04

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=4264893&uid=7 66940

GOOCAM!!  Grin Awesome!

I want to ask why they don't do Slave Girl live.They SHOULD.

I had a whole bunch of questions...I posted them in another thread...
IP Logged

juniper
Naked

View Profile Email

« Reply #16 on: Feb 22nd, 2005, 2:05am »

Thanks Shan, that helped me!!!!

And AZ, thanks for the great pics!! :thumbsup:
IP Logged

girlnamedgrace
Dizzy

He's the stone fox......

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: Feb 23rd, 2005, 6:29am »

Those pics are so great!!! They are so fun!
Hands up who wants to go drinking with the Goos Me Me ME!!!! Grin
IP Logged

Our Goo,
who art in Buffalo,hallowed be thy 'name,'
Thy concerts gone to,thy cds bought,in Europe as they are in America,
Give us this day our daily goo and forgive us for liking other bands,
just as we forgive those who do not appriciate good goo, lead us not into temptation,with your hair and toxic songs,
Ah, men!!!
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]