Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Question for the Goos, always wanted to know »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Question for the Goos, always wanted to know
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Question for the Goos, always wanted to know  (Read 2621 times)
Scott Wilson
Up, Up, Up

SupermarketPunk RockTelevisionC omedy

sorrysjw
View Profile WWW

Question for the Goos, always wanted to know
« on: Feb 19th, 2005, 9:24pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Here is a question I would like to ask the guys when and if theres another chat.
I would like to know what song of robbys that john likes most and vice versa what song that john wrote that robby likes the most
IP Logged

http://www.scottwilsonprod.com
Web Design

Thanks FabFay for all the Years of Great Work
The Goo Goo Dolls Site Before googoodolls.com
monessarae
Up, Up, Up

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Re: Question for the Goos, always wanted to know
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19th, 2005, 9:47pm »

How exactly does a chat work?  Is everyone just throwing questions out there?  Is it really them in the chat?  If it is I bet it's robby.  Or is John in on it too?
Sorry to side track, but don't know much about how the chat works
By the way, that's a great question for them.
Moe
IP Logged

don't look back, it's bad luck.
Scott Wilson
Up, Up, Up

SupermarketPunk RockTelevisionC omedy

sorrysjw
View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: Feb 19th, 2005, 9:50pm »

well they have had live chats on their site  and some via other sites, they are usually first come. first serve and usually its all of them there. I am sure there will be some right before the release of the new album. I was just throwing that question out there cause I always wanted to know.
IP Logged

http://www.scottwilsonprod.com
Web Design

Thanks FabFay for all the Years of Great Work
The Goo Goo Dolls Site Before googoodolls.com
ShanGooFan
Goo God

Goo Goo Dolls Rock!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Feb 20th, 2005, 11:24am »

Scott, I think that's a really good question. I don't think it's been asked yet either.

monessarae, the Goos did two chats last year, through their official site, right before the Buffalo show. They were all at Brian's house, the Slenderfungus guy who creates their official website. Brian moderated the questions and all three Goos were there to answer. They even had a live webcam. It was great.
« Last Edit: Feb 20th, 2005, 11:38am by ShanGooFan » IP Logged

~Shannon~

"Music means to me.. ah...breathing. It's a heartbeat, it's rythm and it's passion. It's therapy. It's .... breathing". ~Keith Urban~

Lea
Goo God

RogueUK

Lea32R
View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 20th, 2005, 11:31am »

Wow, that's a really cool question, and something I never even thought of. It would be so interesting to hear the answer.  Cheesy

I bet Robby can type better than John, haha. One time I went back a whole bunch of pages and read a chat transcript and it appeared to be Robby typing or else they were taking turns because there were a couple of questions directed at them where Robby would type "Well I... (blah blah) but John and Mike..." or whatever. The transcript I read the chat for was John and Robby, they said that Mike hadn't been able to make it or something...

ShanGooFan...GOO WEBCAM?! That's freakin' awesome!  Grin I'd love to see that. I haven't been here that long so I've yet to experience the wonders of Goo chat. Well, maybe soon, eh guys?  Wink
IP Logged

ShanGooFan
Goo God

Goo Goo Dolls Rock!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Feb 20th, 2005, 11:42am »

Oh yeah, there was definitely a webcam. Someone has one of the photos in their siggie pic ... :thinkin: just can't remember who. I just looked through my huge Goo photo album but I didn't save any of those webcam photos. Now I do know that there are many who did. Come on Goo peeps... who's got some pictures from the Goo chats they can share for those who missed?
IP Logged

~Shannon~

"Music means to me.. ah...breathing. It's a heartbeat, it's rythm and it's passion. It's therapy. It's .... breathing". ~Keith Urban~

peanut
Dizzy

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Feb 20th, 2005, 3:32pm »

I want to know why John always mumbles the ending of the sentences in Dizzy.  That drives me crazy.  Such a cool song.  

I actually don't know what I would ask.  Everyone asks such deep questions and I want to know what ringer is on his cell phone.  Childish but I think you get a feel for a person with questions like that.  Like on In the Actor's Studio, my favoirte part are the questions at the end.

I would probably ask if they are happy with what they write.  I mean at peace with their work.  Do they actually realize how much of an impact that their music has on us fans.
IP Logged
Emily
Dizzy

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Feb 20th, 2005, 4:21pm »

on Feb 19th, 2005, 9:24pm, Scott Wilson wrote:

I would like to know what song of robbys that john likes most and vice versa what song that john wrote that robby likes the most

i've been wanting to know that too!  Cheesy
IP Logged

SassyMay
Goo God

~Feb. 20, 1967-April 5, 1994 R.I.P.~

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Feb 20th, 2005, 4:53pm »

http://www.googoodolls.com/goochat_050604.html                    here is a link to the transcript. Cool
IP Logged

myspace
http://www.myspace.com/sweetcharade0
Justice for Kurt
http://www.justiceforkurt.com

SupaFireCross
Dizzy

John Pants.

Supafirecross
View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: Feb 20th, 2005, 5:14pm »

I remember one of those chats...The Goo cam was awesome! It was really slow with loading on my computer, but there's something much more personal about watching them in like, real time. They seem so much closer.  Tongue

*Sigh* I am pining for them! A chat, an update, a NEW CD AND TOUR!  Any of those would be great.  :nanner:
IP Logged

Perhaps if Mike and Robby had received the memo stating that this was a plaid-pants only affair, it would have spared them this embarassing social faux-pas. Black pants? How declassé.

JOIN THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE PANTS: http://www.freewebs.com/johnpants
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]