Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Inside info »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Inside info
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Inside info  (Read 3343 times)
Anon

Email

Inside info
« on: Feb 8th, 2005, 11:57pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I heard they will be playing at the NBA All Star Game in Denver.  Not sure if its a rumor or true, but keep your eyes and ears open.
IP Logged
angelwithoutwings
Naked

robby rocks (not very original but to the point)

View Profile

Re: Inside info
« Reply #1 on: Feb 9th, 2005, 3:21pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

o cool. i will but i doubt i'll be the one to find anything out.
IP Logged
sympathy_0
Goo God

Never you mind.

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: Feb 9th, 2005, 4:46pm »

did a quick google search...nothing.. hopefully they are thou!!
IP Logged

www.youtube.com/forbuss
THE sLaVe GiRl
Goo God

...you were no angel, and I was no sin...

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 9th, 2005, 4:58pm »

according to http://www.manhunt.com/news/stories/1107988397.html :

Hip-hop superstar Nelly, singer Ryan Cabrera, multi-talented actor/rap artist Ice Cube, star of the box office hit "Are We There Yet," along with TV stars Danny Masterson of "That '70s Show" and Donald Faison of "Scrubs" will join NBA and WNBA players for the McDonald's NBA All- Star Celebrity Game presented by Sprite as part of NBA All-Star 2005 in Denver. The game will be televised live on ESPN on Friday, February 18 at 7:00 pm (ET) from NBA All-Star Jam Session.  

Halftime of the game will feature a special musical performance by 18-year-old R&B sensation Ciara.  

Other celebrity participants include Sugar Ray front man and host of "Extra" Mark McGrath, music producer, artist and record executive Jermaine Dupri, Grammy Award-winning artist Brian McKnight, professional skateboarder Eric Koston, "Entertainment Tonight" weekend anchor and correspondent Kevin Frazier, "Blind Date" host Rodger Lodge, along with WNBA players Lisa Leslie, Diana Taurasi, Becky Hammon and Nykesha Sales. NBA players Andre Miller and Earl Boykins will serve as the team's head coaches. ESPN studio analysts Greg Anthony and Stephen A. Smith will act as General Managers.  

ESPN's commentator lineup of Stuart Scott, Mark Jones, Tim Legler, Tom Tolbert, Bill Walton and Jim Gray will contribute to the telecast.  

Reebok, the exclusive uniform supplier of the NBA, will introduce a new line of NBA swingman jerseys as they outfit the celebrities for the game. The home team will wear white "Denver" jerseys while the away team will wear light blue "Nuggets" jerseys with the team letters featuring an argyle design. The argyle jerseys are part of Reebok's exclusive edition collection and will only be available at the NBA Store at NBA All-Star Jam Session, the NBA Store on Fifth Avenue in New York City and select Finish Line locations.  

Title sponsor McDonald's and presenting sponsor Sprite will also participate in a number of NBA All-Star activities throughout the weekend.  

~~~

the game above is the 'celebrity' game.  the actual game is on feb. 20th.  
« Last Edit: Feb 9th, 2005, 5:10pm by THE sLaVe GiRl » IP Logged

~ * ~ s h e l l y ~ * ~

http://www.myspace.com/crystalballergoo
Eva
Goo God

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 9th, 2005, 5:00pm »

it is true they were asked... they confirmed it on AG. tickets are outrageously priced though... 800-44,000 or something like that.

that should be illegal   Undecided
« Last Edit: Feb 9th, 2005, 5:19pm by Eva » IP Logged
THE sLaVe GiRl
Goo God

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 9th, 2005, 5:10pm »

WOW!!  i of course won't make it.  the tickets ARE stoopid expensive, if there are even any left.  while i was just searching online, i saw where the jesus-level seats are going for $810 a pair.  (and the jesus seats at the pepsi center are NOT fun!)  i also saw a pair for $4,500 on ebay.  geez.  

not that this has anything to do with the thread, but i wouldn't get tickets on ebay if they were FREE.  you should see what the u2 ones are going for.  and there's already reports coming out of bogus ones for the u2 tour on ebay.  eek.  can you imagine dropping $400 for some tickets and getting to the place and not even being able to get IN??
« Last Edit: Feb 9th, 2005, 5:12pm by THE sLaVe GiRl » IP Logged

~ * ~ s h e l l y ~ * ~

Eva
Goo God

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Feb 9th, 2005, 5:24pm »

i can't imagine dropping anything over 50 bucks down for ANY concert ticket! i don't want see anyone that bad. besides... apparently all that will be there are high rollers so... bah    Tongue  

and besides that... the only sports i'll go see is hockey and football... gotta have violence or i'm so bored. we got free tickets to a Rockies game (baseball) and o me god... i was soooo bored. i left..  lol
IP Logged
THE sLaVe GiRl
Goo God

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Feb 9th, 2005, 5:29pm »

on Feb 9th, 2005, 5:24pm, Eva wrote:
i can't imagine dropping anything over 50 bucks down for ANY concert ticket! i don't want see anyone that bad. besides... apparently all that will be there are high rollers so... bah    Tongue  

and besides that... the only sports i'll go see is hockey and football... gotta have violence or i'm so bored. we got free tickets to a Rockies game (baseball) and o me god... i was soooo bored. i left..  lol  

i could have paid RENT with what i paid for my u2 tix.  i'm not kidding.  but i'm taking my sister for her birthday and i'm thinking of it as a once-in-a-lifetime thing.  the most i ever paid before was $100 for two red rocks tix to see the goo's.

i have the world's SHORTEST attention span and i am usually completely and totally bored with ANY sporting event by the end of the first quarter/whatever.  and the one rockies game i went to got so rained on i swore i was drowning.   Tongue
IP Logged

~ * ~ s h e l l y ~ * ~

nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Feb 9th, 2005, 5:44pm »

on Feb 9th, 2005, 5:00pm, Eva wrote:
it is true they were asked... they confirmed it on AG. tickets are outrageously priced though... 800-44,000 or something like that.

that should be illegal   Undecided

Come on, doesn't everyone have $44,000 to spend on tickets to a basketball game?   Wink

And The Slave Girl, you won't regret the U2 tickets.  I went to their last show through Buffalo and it was like a religious experience.  I didn't regret the $120 or whatever I paid for the ticket (and at the time I was an 11th grader with zero income)
IP Logged
FizzyGoo
Goo God

"Wow...My Face is a Foot." -J. Rzeznik, 7.25.03

AttitudinalFizz
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Feb 9th, 2005, 6:14pm »

on Feb 9th, 2005, 5:29pm, THE sLaVe GiRl wrote:

the most i ever paid before was $100 for two red rocks tix to see the goo's.

WHOA WHAT?! haha when were the Sox and the Goos together? Those are like my two favorite things in the whole world in one sentence! Red Sox + Goo Goo Dolls = The Love of My Life.
IP Logged

There are but two different kinds of people in this world: Those who love Goo, and those who are infinitely stupid.
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]