Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « a couple of questions... »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   a couple of questions...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: a couple of questions...  (Read 2904 times)
aurora
Naked

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

a couple of questions...
« on: Feb 7th, 2005, 2:35am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

i'm no new fan...just new here, and i hope no one minds me asking...

is the band going to record another album?  i had heard they might not.

and, is there any chance of or any talk of a headlining tour or shows anytime in the near future...maybe this summer?

thanks a bunch.
IP Logged
american_girl
I'm Addicted

rzezniksrose
View Profile WWW

Re: a couple of questions...
« Reply #1 on: Feb 7th, 2005, 2:40am »

they are in the studio as we speak recording their next disc which according to John should be out by June followed by a summer tour.
IP Logged

aurora
Naked

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Feb 7th, 2005, 2:50am »

hey, thanks so much.

one more question, out of curiosity (and i'm seriously not trying to sound stalkerish)...

i know that some band's members post occasionally on their own band's site's message boards...since this band has no "official" message board on their site, i was just wondering if any of the goo goo dolls have ever posted and/or visited here.  

again...thanks for putting up with me (being a new poster here and all).
IP Logged
aurora
Naked

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Feb 7th, 2005, 2:54am »

sorry one more question...

what the hell does I love YaBB 1G - SP1! mean?
IP Logged
ShanGooFan
Goo God

Goo Goo Dolls Rock!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Feb 7th, 2005, 7:32am »

on Feb 7th, 2005, 2:50am, aurora wrote:
hey, thanks so much.

one more question, out of curiosity (and i'm seriously not trying to sound stalkerish)...

i know that some band's members post occasionally on their own band's site's message boards...since this band has no "official" message board on their site, i was just wondering if any of the goo goo dolls have ever posted and/or visited here.  

again...thanks for putting up with me (being a new poster here and all).  

The official Goo site does not have a message board but Robby does updates there from time to time in the "journal" section. When they are touring the updates become more regular than say right now.

I can't confirm that any of the Goos have ever posted here but it's rumored that Robby has popped in here before but only a select few actually know what his screen name is ... and I'm NOT one of them ... LOL
« Last Edit: Feb 7th, 2005, 7:34am by ShanGooFan » IP Logged

~Shannon~

"Music means to me.. ah...breathing. It's a heartbeat, it's rythm and it's passion. It's therapy. It's .... breathing". ~Keith Urban~

Lea
Goo God

RogueUK

Lea32R
View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 7th, 2005, 8:46am »

on Feb 7th, 2005, 2:54am, aurora wrote:
sorry one more question...

what the hell does I love YaBB 1G - SP1! mean?

LOL it refers to the board hosts...look at the bottom of the page:

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!

Ok, right...I found a quote the other day from an interview where Robby said that he 'keeps up with the fansites' of the band and he actually mentioned this board by name. He said that sometimes the fans have more Goo information than HE does   :hahaha:

But I didn't know he had a SCREENNAME on here... Shocked

I'll be watching what I post from now on!  Wink
IP Logged

ShanGooFan
Goo God

Goo Goo Dolls Rock!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Feb 7th, 2005, 9:06am »

Quote:
But I didn't know he had a SCREENNAME on here...  

I'll be watching what I post from now on!  

I don't know this for sure. But a couple of years ago one of the long time members mentioned something about Robby having a screenname but she wasn't telling it...she could have been joking, I don't know.  But I know he used to read here (and probably still does) because he would recognize members by their screennames. This board was always one of the most respected boards by the guys because Eva and the members tried to respect the privacy of their personal lives, etc.  I'm always cognizant and respectful of what I say on any board because you just NEVER know who is reading.
« Last Edit: Feb 7th, 2005, 9:08am by ShanGooFan » IP Logged

~Shannon~

"Music means to me.. ah...breathing. It's a heartbeat, it's rythm and it's passion. It's therapy. It's .... breathing". ~Keith Urban~

THE sLaVe GiRl
Goo God

...you were no angel, and I was no sin...

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Feb 7th, 2005, 5:00pm »

on Feb 7th, 2005, 9:06am, ShanGooFan wrote:

I don't know this for sure. But a couple of years ago one of the long time members mentioned something about Robby having a screenname but she wasn't telling it...she could have been joking, I don't know.

i was.   Grin

actually, i'm not sure if you were referring to what i said, specifically, but a couple of years ago there was a thread up very similar to this one, discussing whether or not the goos ever read/posted on the boards.  i made a crack that i didn't know who robby was, but that lil robby takac did, and he wasn't telling.  

i regretted the crack, believe me!  i didn't take into account that some people had not been on the board very long and didn't understand the "history" behind lil robby takac.  (he's been my avatar for YEARS, pretty much since i started on the board.  one day some of us dubbed him "lil robby" because we thought he danced like the real robby.  then, i used to make some funnies and comments, under the guise that i was passing them along from lil robby, the bunny.  it sounds stoopid, but we used to have a lot of fun with it many moons ago.)

at any rate, you all would be surprised how many people took me seriously.  for a long time my PM's and email were hammered with requests from people BEGGING me to let them know what robby's screenname was!  i had a couple that verged on the edge of stalkerdom; i somehow couldn't convince them that it was a total joke, and that even if i did know that robby had a screenname, even if i knew what it was, i'd never ever pass that along.

lil robby, therefore, doesn't make a lot of comments anymore.  he dances.  he chills.   Wink
IP Logged

~ * ~ s h e l l y ~ * ~

http://www.myspace.com/crystalballergoo
SassyMay
Goo God

~Feb. 20, 1967-April 5, 1994 R.I.P.~

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Feb 7th, 2005, 5:06pm »

There in Buffalo right now recording and the album should be out by June they say they should be on tour by summer and it's going to be a shed tour.
You can head on over to www.googoodolls.com and click on give a little bit journal and you'll see that they updated.
In case you have not already!
Oh and welcome to the board and Happy Posting!! Kiss
IP Logged

myspace
http://www.myspace.com/sweetcharade0
Justice for Kurt
http://www.justiceforkurt.com

Lea
Goo God

RogueUK

Lea32R
View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: Feb 7th, 2005, 5:40pm »

on Feb 7th, 2005, 5:00pm, THE sLaVe GiRl wrote:

i was.   Grin

actually, i'm not sure if you were referring to what i said, specifically, but a couple of years ago there was a thread up very similar to this one, discussing whether or not the goos ever read/posted on the boards.  i made a crack that i didn't know who robby was, but that lil robby takac did, and he wasn't telling.  

i regretted the crack, believe me!  i didn't take into account that some people had not been on the board very long and didn't understand the "history" behind lil robby takac.  (he's been my avatar for YEARS, pretty much since i started on the board.  one day some of us dubbed him "lil robby" because we thought he danced like the real robby.  then, i used to make some funnies and comments, under the guise that i was passing them along from lil robby, the bunny.  it sounds stoopid, but we used to have a lot of fun with it many moons ago.)

at any rate, you all would be surprised how many people took me seriously.  for a long time my PM's and email were hammered with requests from people BEGGING me to let them know what robby's screenname was!  i had a couple that verged on the edge of stalkerdom; i somehow couldn't convince them that it was a total joke, and that even if i did know that robby had a screenname, even if i knew what it was, i'd never ever pass that along.

lil robby, therefore, doesn't make a lot of comments anymore.  he dances.  he chills.   Wink

Aha! You know, I'm an utter newbie here and I have to say, the whole 'lil Robby' thing confused the hell outta me. Things are so much clearer now! LOL
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]