Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « a couple of questions... »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   a couple of questions...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: a couple of questions...  (Read 2905 times)
ShanGooFan
Goo God

Goo Goo Dolls Rock!

View Profile

Re: a couple of questions...
« Reply #10 on: Feb 7th, 2005, 5:47pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Feb 7th, 2005, 5:00pm, THE sLaVe GiRl wrote:

i was.   Grin

actually, i'm not sure if you were referring to what i said, specifically, but a couple of years ago there was a thread up very similar to this one, discussing whether or not the goos ever read/posted on the boards.  i made a crack that i didn't know who robby was, but that lil robby takac did, and he wasn't telling.  

i regretted the crack, believe me!  i didn't take into account that some people had not been on the board very long and didn't understand the "history" behind lil robby takac.  (he's been my avatar for YEARS, pretty much since i started on the board.  one day some of us dubbed him "lil robby" because we thought he danced like the real robby.  then, i used to make some funnies and comments, under the guise that i was passing them along from lil robby, the bunny.  it sounds stoopid, but we used to have a lot of fun with it many moons ago.)

at any rate, you all would be surprised how many people took me seriously.  for a long time my PM's and email were hammered with requests from people BEGGING me to let them know what robby's screenname was!  i had a couple that verged on the edge of stalkerdom; i somehow couldn't convince them that it was a total joke, and that even if i did know that robby had a screenname, even if i knew what it was, i'd never ever pass that along.

lil robby, therefore, doesn't make a lot of comments anymore.  he dances.  he chills.   Wink

Ha Ha ... I knew that was you. I didn't want to name you though and start a riot ...LOL. I was new to the board then and I wasn't sure if you were serious or joking. Glad you cleared that up for us. Robby may not post here but I'd bet he reads the board as he often recognizes screennames.
« Last Edit: Feb 7th, 2005, 5:52pm by ShanGooFan » IP Logged

~Shannon~

"Music means to me.. ah...breathing. It's a heartbeat, it's rythm and it's passion. It's therapy. It's .... breathing". ~Keith Urban~

THE sLaVe GiRl
Goo God

...you were no angel, and I was no sin...

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Feb 8th, 2005, 10:16am »

on Feb 7th, 2005, 5:47pm, ShanGooFan wrote:

Ha Ha ... I knew that was you. I didn't want to name you though and start a riot ...LOL. I was new to the board then and I wasn't sure if you were serious or joking. Glad you cleared that up for us. Robby may not post here but I'd bet he reads the board as he often recognizes screennames.

you are nice!   Grin  how much you wanna bet that i will get at LEAST one PM or email asking me for the screenname though?   Grin  i think i'll start making one up...like harrypotter123 or pezluver.  

every show i've gone to, i wanted to make robby a lil robby takac t-shirt.  but i never have because a) i'm shy and b) i wasn't sure if he would "get" it.  i can see him all "who IS this crazy b*tch throwing a purple bunny t-shirt on the stage??"

:nanner:
IP Logged

~ * ~ s h e l l y ~ * ~

http://www.myspace.com/crystalballergoo
THE sLaVe GiRl
Goo God

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: Feb 8th, 2005, 10:17am »

on Feb 7th, 2005, 5:40pm, RogueUK wrote:

Aha! You know, I'm an utter newbie here and I have to say, the whole 'lil Robby' thing confused the hell outta me. Things are so much clearer now! LOL

to make things even MORE confusing, at one point there was a lil lil robby takac (don't know if anyone remembers that)!  don't ask...  Shocked
IP Logged

~ * ~ s h e l l y ~ * ~

ShanGooFan
Goo God

Goo Goo Dolls Rock!

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: Feb 8th, 2005, 10:51am »

on Feb 8th, 2005, 10:16am, THE sLaVe GiRl wrote:

you are nice!   Grin  how much you wanna bet that i will get at LEAST one PM or email asking me for the screenname though?   Grin  i think i'll start making one up...like harrypotter123 or pezluver.  

every show i've gone to, i wanted to make robby a lil robby takac t-shirt.  but i never have because a) i'm shy and b) i wasn't sure if he would "get" it.  i can see him all "who IS this crazy b*tch throwing a purple bunny t-shirt on the stage??"

:nanner:

I think you should definitely make him a shirt. Even if he didn't understand the meaning, I could totally see him wearing it Wink

Quote:
to make things even MORE confusing, at one point there was a lil lil robby takac (don't know if anyone remembers that)!  don't ask...  

I do remember that. Maybe that's why I wasn't sure at the time if you were joking or not...LOL. I remember at the time you saying the hint to Robby's screenname had to do with Lil Robby Takac. You have NO idea how long I tried to figure that one out ... LOL
« Last Edit: Feb 8th, 2005, 10:53am by ShanGooFan » IP Logged

~Shannon~

"Music means to me.. ah...breathing. It's a heartbeat, it's rythm and it's passion. It's therapy. It's .... breathing". ~Keith Urban~

girlnamedgrace
Dizzy

He's the stone fox......

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Feb 8th, 2005, 11:27am »

A looooooooong time ago when I passively viewed the boards and didn't comment (due mainly to the lack of letters on the keyboard at work) I remember lil Robby Takac. He's just as cute as the real one!! Wink
IP Logged

Our Goo,
who art in Buffalo,hallowed be thy 'name,'
Thy concerts gone to,thy cds bought,in Europe as they are in America,
Give us this day our daily goo and forgive us for liking other bands,
just as we forgive those who do not appriciate good goo, lead us not into temptation,with your hair and toxic songs,
Ah, men!!!
Lea
Goo God

RogueUK

Lea32R
View Profile Email

« Reply #15 on: Feb 8th, 2005, 11:51am »

:hahaha:

LMAO you're all INSANE!

You never know, maybe he knows about lil Robby already...if he DOES view this board which apparently he does. Anyway I bet he'd wear a t-shirt with a purple bunny on it. He likes wearing random t-shirts so he'll probably think it's cool!  

You could always put a note with the shirt. Ha, or print some text on the back giving a lil' Robby biography... :hahaha:

Making up a screenname for Robby, haha...pezluver! How about 'BushSucks'? Or 'ToesocksRule'?!  

I'm not even gonna ask about lil lil Robby...though I do wonder how much 'lil'er Robby can get...he barely breeches the five foot mark as it is! That said, he's got a couple of inches on me. I'm hopelessly short...

on Feb 8th, 2005, 11:27am, girlnamedgrace wrote:
I remember lil Robby Takac. He's just as cute as the real one!! Wink

We're gonna have to agree to disagree on this one, grace!  Wink  
IP Logged

THE sLaVe GiRl
Goo God

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #16 on: Feb 9th, 2005, 10:05am »

lil lil robby was ADORABLE.  he was this little tiny icon/avatar/picture thing of the real robby.  like a little cartoon.  and i tinkered with him in one of my graphics programs and made him dance around like lil robby and the real robby.

gadzooks.  all those robbys are making me dizzy.  they've dizzied up the girl.  tee hee.  i'm delirious this morning.

i think if i saw robby wearing a lil robby takac t-shirt i would DIE.  on the spot.  how much would THAT rock!
IP Logged

~ * ~ s h e l l y ~ * ~

Lea
Goo God

RogueUK

Lea32R
View Profile Email

« Reply #17 on: Feb 9th, 2005, 1:24pm »

Haha...cool! Do you still have the lil lil Robby at all? I wanna see him now...

Make the lil Robby t-shirt. DO IT, do it!  Grin And give it to him on the tour. I bet he'll love it! The Goos do wear things that fans give them, too...the girl who runs heavenlyintoxication gave him toesocks and he wore them, so chances are good he'd wear the t-shirt.  

If I end up coming to Buffalo this year I'm gonna bring each of them something...not sure what yet. But I was playing with the idea of buying Robby a t-shirt of some descripition. No clearer than that yet, but when I see the perfect t-shirt I'll just KNOW.

on Feb 9th, 2005, 10:05am, THE sLaVe GiRl wrote:
gadzooks.  all those robbys are making me dizzy.  they've dizzied up the girl.  tee hee.  i'm delirious this morning.

But are ya monochrome delirious?!  Wink

(Sorry. I was compelled to do that. Bad Goo reference. I do it all the time...)
IP Logged

Shadgoo32
Up, Up, Up

I love my Goo

shadeow_32   shadeow03
View Profile Email

« Reply #18 on: Feb 9th, 2005, 3:43pm »

i dont know if anybody answered the actual ? for you, but Goo always has tours after there new album's come out, so in July you will see big tours going to a lot of states.
IP Logged

Forever my soul,
to goo i strive.
you pick me up,
and keep me alive.
i'm just a cornerstone,
in this world,
but need my goo,
for any mood.
THE sLaVe GiRl
Goo God

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #19 on: Feb 9th, 2005, 5:26pm »

on Feb 9th, 2005, 1:24pm, RogueUK wrote:

But are ya monochrome delirious?!  Wink

(Sorry. I was compelled to do that. Bad Goo reference. I do it all the time...)

no...but i'm drowning in your dizzy noise AND i wanna hear you scream!!

i'm actually not at all sure where lil lil robby is!  Sad  i don't remember who i asked to host him for me after i cut off my AOL service, and i don't know if he is saved on my computer.  if anyone remembers, let me know!  if not, maybe it is time to recreate him!!
IP Logged

~ * ~ s h e l l y ~ * ~

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]