Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « *Hanna & Ike »

The World of Goo Boards
   Off Topic Board
   Off Topic Board
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   *Hanna & Ike
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: *Hanna & Ike  (Read 2616 times)
rzezniksangel
Goo God

rzezniksangel
View Profile

Re: *Hanna & Ike
« Reply #10 on: Sep 5th, 2008, 4:49pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I noticed that the map I posted changed every time they updated it on the nhc website...that's awesome!  Looks like we just may be spared after all...if it keeps heading further west!  But I feel bad for Cassie....this could be storm #2 in a week's span....
IP Logged
pink boa lady
Goo God

4/24/99 taken Ruston, LA-Rite-Aid Signed 12/2/02

cassiet76   sassycassie76
View Profile Email

« Reply #11 on: Sep 8th, 2008, 11:09am »

my mom and i along with the 3 cats are still in shreveport.  i didn't feel like driving home for 5 hours and just have to come back a few days later. i figure since we are still here, it won't come since we didn't go home. good thinking, right? lol

hubby (i sent him home with his puppy) had to go home because of work. we had power and cable by sunday. very unusual!! i think our local politicans that live within blocks of us had a hissy fit with no power. works for me Wink

only thing that sucks is since baton rouge got wiped out by gustav, the complete unemployment system was wiped out. they don't know when it's going to be back up. none of the phone numbers across the state work, the website is down and we haven't gotten paid for last week. they don't even know when the phones will be back up for us to make our weekly claims.  

whoever designed that system, i want to shoot them multiple times where it hurts. but i did get interviewed by a local station at the unemployment office. that made my day! i'm so glad i have great friends that can take us in when we have to evacuate!  

we're just waiting to make sure that ike keeps on truckin' towards texas so we can head home.
IP Logged

GGD fan since '98.
Mom to Thomas and Henry!
pink boa lady
Goo God

4/24/99 taken Ruston, LA-Rite-Aid Signed 12/2/02

cassiet76   sassycassie76
View Profile Email

« Reply #12 on: Sep 12th, 2008, 10:26pm »

we're getting a nice blow from ike. it's been super windy here, but no rain. the lower coast of LA is getting a lot of water and overtopping of levees.  

we're so glad it moved to texas. sorry texas, but it's your turn...and for the ones that didn't evac...you are really really really stupid.
IP Logged

GGD fan since '98.
Mom to Thomas and Henry!
DWG

Email

« Reply #13 on: Sep 12th, 2008, 11:42pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I can't believe all the people who decided to stay.
Just look at that monster storm on the weather reports.  
Jeeeeez.
IP Logged
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #14 on: Sep 13th, 2008, 9:02am »

I know! They said the storm itself was nearly the size of Texas. I can appreciate the inconvenience of having to evacuate but a storm that size would have me out of there sooooo fast.  

On a side note ... because of the hurricane we're getting all the residual rain for the next 3 days. It's just an endless sky of gray with endless rain. Oh and did I mention I have to go to two soccer games today and one tomorrow? So not fun when it's like this.
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]