Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « gustav »

The World of Goo Boards
   Off Topic Board
   Off Topic Board
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   gustav
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: gustav  (Read 3118 times)
pink boa lady
Goo God

4/24/99 taken Ruston, LA-Rite-Aid Signed 12/2/02

cassiet76   sassycassie76
View Profile Email

gustav
« on: Aug 27th, 2008, 1:18am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

looks like we're in the very bad projection cone of getting hit again.  

new orleans is already getting crazy with it being the 3rd anniversary of katrina (people want to make it a state holiday) and now we're all preparing to leave again.  

this dude better not mess up my ultrasound friday morning that i've been waiting 3 months for!

keep your fingers crossed that it decides to visit texas (sorry if you're in texas!).  melissa and i don't need another one....neither does the rest of the gulf coast.
IP Logged

GGD fan since '98.
Mom to Thomas and Henry!
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

Re: gustav
« Reply #1 on: Aug 27th, 2008, 10:15am »

OMG....I will say many prayers for you all down there. I hate to say it but I have a bad habit of not paying attention to the hurricane news because I don't live anywhere near the impact. That sounds awful and I'm sorry.  

I know New Orleans is still trying to claw it's way back from the last one. I will definitely keep everyone in my prayers and hope it turns directions. We can't have you missing that ultrasound!
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

lionhill
I'm Addicted

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Aug 27th, 2008, 11:40am »

Best of luck!

:/ All this talk of hurricanes makes me anxious. Seems like there's one every month.
IP Logged

rzezniksangel
Goo God

rzezniksangel
View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Aug 27th, 2008, 6:06pm »

Looks like I'm being spared, barring any kind of crazy shift in projection!  Now Cassie, you be careful up there!  It looks like if Gustav does have it out for, you, he'll screw up the beginning of next week for you.  Hopefully your ultrasound won't be interrupted...we all are anxious to know if baby z is a boy or a girl!!!
IP Logged
pink boa lady
Goo God

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 28th, 2008, 1:46am »

h3ll i think this bastard does have it in for us!  

i'm having my ultrasound friday at 9am *stomps feet like 2 year old* lol

after that, we're heading to shreveport (5 hours north of N.O.). getting out before the fustercluck starts and hopefully we'll know more then. if we're stuck away from home again (it was 5 weeks for katrina), we're heading to visit hubby's family in baltimore (around 18.5 hrs)...i'm not looking forward to that drive with all the animals!  

i'll keep everybody posted!
IP Logged

GGD fan since '98.
Mom to Thomas and Henry!
rzezniksangel
Goo God

rzezniksangel
View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Aug 28th, 2008, 5:04pm »

when i saw the projection today i wanted to cry for you!  good luck! hoefully it won't gain any power as it heads your way.

And as of 11am today, it looks like I'm a sitting duck for Tropical Storm Hanna at the end of next week (once it starts going straight west, it's headed directly at the part of the coast where we live!!!).  

I'd like to know what Cassie and I did to deserve this!
IP Logged
DWG

Email

« Reply #6 on: Aug 28th, 2008, 7:11pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Good luck Cassie. I'll be keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers. I hope it won't be as bad as last time. Take whatever precautions you need to take to protect you & the little one.
IP Logged
pink boa lady
Goo God

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Aug 29th, 2008, 12:03am »

on Aug 28th, 2008, 5:04pm, rzezniksangel wrote:

I'd like to know what Cassie and I did to deserve this!

and why we continue to live in these places!!!  i want out, but hubby loves it here and he's not even from here.  

my friend works for the N.O. airport and her boss had a meeting with the mayor today. she called to tell me that friday/sat is gonna be leave when you want.  

sunday there will be a mandatory evac. supposedly my side of the river (which was spared all the flooding from katrina) might be the side to get hit this time. the area they say is close, but not that close, so i've got my fingers crossed.  

we live about a block and a half from the MS river. so we're pretty high. the area they are worried about is all the little bayous that run into each other which runs into a canal that doesn't have the right height of levees. they've been working on them forever. slow much?  

it looks like it's headed more west, which is great news!  

good luck with hanna! i could handle a TS, but hurricane's are a pain in the @$$.
IP Logged

GGD fan since '98.
Mom to Thomas and Henry!
rzezniksangel
Goo God

rzezniksangel
View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Aug 29th, 2008, 5:35pm »

hubby and i wanted to move out of here about a year ago...but with the economy the way it is, we figured we'd stick it out a little longer.  and now that Ethan came along, we don't think it's fair to take him away from our families....so we're still here.  i'd like to know what people think is so great about the ft lauderdale area...its' not that wonderful...
IP Logged
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: Aug 29th, 2008, 5:47pm »

Ft. Lauderdale sounds wonderful to me. I honestly love the idea of warm weather year round. Heat does not bother me. I HATE/DETEST the cold. But the one thing that keeps me from moving to coastal areas is hurricane season. Here in Michigan we have very few tornados, no earthquakes or hurricanes. We just have winter which I gotta say I hate with an unexplainable intensity.

It's definitely hard to move away from family once you have kids. It's nice to have an unconditional support system. But it's also wonderful for the kids to know their grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins.  

On a completely random note...it looks like we'll be vacationing in March on Long Boat Key. A woman my husband works with owns a couple time shares there and offered one of them to us...not for free of course Wink It's so beautiful there.
« Last Edit: Aug 29th, 2008, 5:53pm by Shannon » IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]