WOG logo

Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Oct 19th, 2017, 6:25pm

WOG banner
Banner by laurengoo

WOG link calendar link
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards Youtube is nice (sometimes)

The World of Goo Boards
   Off Topic Board
   Off Topic Board
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Youtube is nice (sometimes)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Youtube is nice (sometimes)  (Read 469 times)
lionhill
I'm Addicted

View Profile

Youtube is nice (sometimes)
« on: Mar 19th, 2008, 4:44pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I don't think this has been posted before. I've been wrong about that kind of stuff before, though, so please forgive me if it's a repost.  
Saw his cover of Fast Car was posted.  

I don't really lurk much around at youtube, and when I do I know what to look for (Goo, anyone?). I usually also hate this kind of thing, but. Wow. Just wow. (I chose Flat Top because it's one of my all time favourites, but he's got a whole damned "gallery" too of Goo songs) Really really impressive.

.. and in case I fail, I will post some screen-caps from old Goo vids, because then no-one will notice, right?

I wish I was a fan back then. Man.
IP Logged

nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

Re: Youtube is nice (sometimes)
« Reply #1 on: Mar 19th, 2008, 6:25pm »

Damn.  I usually hate covers, especially the 'alone in your bedroom' types, and generally don't watch/listen to them, but I was bored... I thought he was very very good and you can tell he's actually a fan, not just someone playing the songs he hears on the radio.

In other Youtube news, I attempted to upload a video today because Youtube wasn't working for me a couple weeks ago.  I just picked some random thing on my computer and it rejected the video for copyright violation.  I didn't even know Youtube had enacted a content filter, but apparently it works.  Undecided

IP Logged
lionhill
I'm Addicted

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Mar 19th, 2008, 6:50pm »

on Mar 19th, 2008, 6:25pm, nmf016 wrote:

In other Youtube news, I attempted to upload a video today because Youtube wasn't working for me a couple weeks ago.  I just picked some random thing on my computer and it rejected the video for copyright violation.  I didn't even know Youtube had enacted a content filter, but apparently it works.  Undecided

And that is why I wrote sometimes in parenthesis. Youtube is generally not nice to me. For some reason or other I couldn't upload a video either, but that's a while ago now. I've just given up after that.  

I didn't know they had a copyright filter either. How do they make that work anyway?

Is the video you were going to upload copyrighted? So that you couldn't upload it at all, I mean.
IP Logged

nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Mar 19th, 2008, 9:19pm »

Yes, what I was trying to upload was copyrighted.  I'm totally fine with them cracking down and putting a stop to uploading and I'm not even complaining about it, I was just surprised it happened.  I'm not exactly sure how they knew the video was infringing on a copyright, but it worked.  Of course, now I'm awfully tempted to test what I can get by the filter.    Cheesy
IP Logged
carlyn
Goo God

You drown in deeper oceans Inventing new religions

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Mar 20th, 2008, 5:01pm »

Oh yeah, I subscribe to him on Youtube.  All of his covers (and originals) are amazing!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...googoodolls@musicfanclubs.org or ShannonWOG@aol.com
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]