Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Rant, Rave, Confession »

The World of Goo Boards
   Off Topic Board
   Off Topic Board
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Rant, Rave, Confession
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Rant, Rave, Confession  (Read 31000 times)
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

Re: Rant, Rave, Confession
« Reply #190 on: Jun 20th, 2008, 8:18pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Oh, how convenient it is to have this thread current.

Rant:  My car died (on the busiest road in my city) about two hours ago...

Rave:  I love nice people who stop to help with car issues.

Rant:  When my car died, it was immediately sent across the police scanner because when cars die where mine did, police apparently flock in and force immediate towing.

Rave:  Same nice people heard scanner and decided to save me from forced towing by pushing my car to a safe spot.

Rave:  My dad has a tenant who's a mechanic and he thinks he can fix my car pretty easily this weekend.

Rant:  My call to AAA to get a tow truck was ridiculous.  After being put on hold for 15 minutes, the lady who was supposed to know my city didn't know the busiest road in the city...

Confession:  Currently too stressed to think about confessions...  Undecided
IP Logged
laurengoo
Goo God

a.k.a y2goo_4ever

y2goo4ever
View Profile Email

« Reply #191 on: Jun 21st, 2008, 11:14pm »

on Jun 20th, 2008, 8:18pm, nmf016 wrote:
Confession:  Currently too stressed to think about confessions...  Undecided

I think you need a hug Nicole...and I'm JUST the person to give it to you!

Cheesy*BIGTIGHTHUGS*Cheesy
IP Logged

made by: Hysteria
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #192 on: Jun 22nd, 2008, 11:38am »

Thanks, Lauren. Cheesy

It's supposed to get fixed today or tomorrow.  I had a car about a month after I got my license, so I never really had to ask to borrow my parents' or older sibling's car.  And now this weekend, I'm like "Mommmm, can I take your car?"  Roll Eyes
IP Logged
laurengoo
Goo God

a.k.a y2goo_4ever

y2goo4ever
View Profile Email

« Reply #193 on: Jun 22nd, 2008, 3:37pm »

on Jun 22nd, 2008, 11:38am, nmf016 wrote:
Thanks, Lauren. Cheesy

It's supposed to get fixed today or tomorrow.  I had a car about a month after I got my license, so I never really had to ask to borrow my parents' or older sibling's car.  And now this weekend, I'm like "Mommmm, can I take your car?"  Roll Eyes

Awww, I know the feeling of having to ask to use my parents car all the time. *HUGS* I'm glad it
s getting fixed!!
It took about 2 weeks for the intrepid to get fixed after the accident, so both my sister and I had to both find ways to use the car and find rides!
IP Logged

iris3732
Goo God

I can feel it like a curse.

View Profile

« Reply #194 on: Jun 23rd, 2008, 6:54am »

Rant My kitten kind of messed up one of my shirts when she ran up my chest to get at my face.

Rave I got a new kitten!

Confession I left work 10 minutes early on Friday.
IP Logged

all I can do is try not to screw this up again
and just be friends
i'd rather be dead
~the marvelous 3

you say it's a good thing
that you float in the air....
~weezer
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #195 on: Jun 27th, 2008, 4:26pm »

Rant - not really a rant, it just makes me kind of sad...

So, I spent the afternoon in the library.  I was supposed to be sitting at a desk with my laptop applying for jobs.  An older man (probably 65-ish) approaches me and asks if I know anything about computers.  I say it depends on what he wants to know.  He asks me some random questions, I answer, and he thanks me and wanders off.  He comes back with a laptop about 5 minutes later and wants help getting his AIM to work, but doesn't know his password.  So I help him try to request the password, but his account apparently wasn't connected to the only email address he knew he had and after we exhaust the options, I tell him he'll probably need to just sign up with a new name.  It's not a huge issue because he only uses it to talk to two people.  He agrees and I walk him through it and we get it all up and running.  The important part of this whole story is that he approached me and I was helping him for about half an hour at this point.

So, he decides to call his daughter in LA and  have her sign on so he can make sure he has the right name for her after I had helped him put her name on his list.  I can sort of hear her through his phone and when he tells her he had asked some college-aged girl to help him, she starts asking him all of these paranoid questions like "what info have you given her?" and "why is she helping you?"  Because clearly, I am an identify thief and my tactic to lure people in is to sit quietly in the corner of a library where I'm usually completely alone and wait for victims - and then  can steal an identity by knowing his email address and screen name... For the record though, the guy did tell his daughter "Well, I asked her and she's just being nice - It's a small town, not everyone is like people in LA", which made me laugh internally.

So, long story short, I was kind of sad that you can't even try to be nice without someone thinking you have some kind of motive.  

I ended up spending another hour or so with this guy helping him.  He was just a nice older guy who was extremely overwhelmed by technology and I didn't really mind helping him, but now I fear being ambushed by senior citizens at the library when I'm trying to accomplish something.  Cheesy

Rave: It's supposed to be a beautiful weekend, the HUGE concert series/trainwreck starts tonight, the city art show is this weekend, and the people watching will be glorious.

Confession: Even before I was sidetracked by the man in the library, I wasn't being very productive.

Edit!!

Another computer issue rant!

Rant: My family's computer had a Fatal System Error and it appears I don't have any choice but to reinstall Windows for them and lose everything.  I tell my parents to find the installation discs and they can't (I'll leave out the part about yelling at them for not taking care of stuff.  Cheesy),  After tearing the house apart for a day, I find a slip of paper that came with the computer that says the installation discs were not shipped with the computer and that I'd have to request to have them mailed.  Way to be a pain in the ass, Dell.  Angry
« Last Edit: Jun 27th, 2008, 4:34pm by nmf016 » IP Logged
partygoober
Goo God

~Philly Girl~                               savvy?

View Profile WWW

« Reply #196 on: Jun 28th, 2008, 7:44am »

P.S. why am i just seeing this topic..NOW?

any who...

so at my work there is a slight rumor that my boss and owner of the business is only fond of BLONDES....me being an old blonde didn't think much of it and thought that he was just fond of the people who have worked there for years now...

...well recently Kpav said goodbye to black and went back to blonde...and well....the day after the boss man took notice and stopped to talk to the girl that sits behind me (she has like a brown/red colored hair w/highlights...but she's worked there for about 5 years) this happened :
Him: you 2 are looking more alike everyday
She: well she just died her hair
Him: I don't really noticed those things b/c you gals do it so much i can't keep up.....

the other day  

Him:  (jokingly) Hurry up Monica (the girl who sits behind me) I want all those in the system by the end of the day (about 128 applications)...hurry it up!!.....But you Kristin (he knows my name?...oh right, name tag)...you can take your time i know you've been working hard

and yesterday  

Him: Monica what are you waiting for? Kristin can take her time...she has a nice neat desk and i want her to keep it that way

I DON:T GET IT...i worked there for a year as a black headed girl...the first time he ever spoke to me was on my birthday in April (which, yes shannon, you forgot Wink ) and he said "is it your birthday? it looks like a party in here....happy birthday"...thats it...nothing else

could the blonde rumor be true?

IP Logged

*~*WOG BITCH*~*

"What, do you all know each other or something?" Johnny during slide 8/27

I left my heart in Buffalo, NY

Yeah baby there's a villain in me. So sexy, sour, and sweet, and you'll be loving it.

SUPER BITCH.
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #197 on: Jun 28th, 2008, 10:02am »

on Jun 28th, 2008, 7:44am, partygoober wrote:
I DON:T GET IT...i worked there for a year as a black headed girl...the first time he ever spoke to me was on my birthday in April (which, yes shannon, you forgot Wink ) and he said "is it your birthday? it looks like a party in here....happy birthday"...thats it...nothing else

I'm sooooo sorry. I've been really bad about it lately. I keep the list near my desktop and I'm usually on the laptop. So sometimes I just forget to look at the list. I did realize I forgot but by then it was so late it wasn't even belated anymore. I really am sorry.  Sad  Please forgive me.

RANT: It has rained at least once a day every day since the beginning of June!!!!

RAVE: Today is my daughter's 11th Birthday.

CONFESSION: I keep forgetting to post WOG birthdays. Sad Wink
« Last Edit: Jun 28th, 2008, 10:04am by Shannon » IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

DWG

Email

« Reply #198 on: Jun 28th, 2008, 11:46am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Jun 28th, 2008, 7:44am, partygoober wrote:

kpav...
yes, it seems to be true.
it sucks.

that is my rant.
rave: I love my car.
confession: I stole 4 stamps from my husband today. He only has 5 books remaining, poor boy.  
 Roll Eyes
IP Logged
laurengoo
Goo God

a.k.a y2goo_4ever

y2goo4ever
View Profile Email

« Reply #199 on: Jun 30th, 2008, 9:23pm »

on Jun 28th, 2008, 10:02am, Shannon wrote:
RANT: It has rained at least once a day every day since the beginning of June!!!!

If you ask me, I'm getting quite sick of it too. It's ridonkulous!!!
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]