Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Atl and P-Cola »

The World of Goo Boards
   Off Topic Board
   Archived Concert Review and Fan Pictures Forum
(Moderators: Shannon, MFC, Adela)
   Atl and P-Cola
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Atl and P-Cola  (Read 2130 times)
AnGeLsFaLL
Goo God

Woah, I can't believe I believed it this time...

View Profile

Atl and P-Cola
« on: Aug 2nd, 2007, 1:12am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

So let me just start out by saying...that since I was in the 6th grade (I'm a sophomore in college now)..It's pretty much been one of my life goals to get to travel to 2 consecutive goo shows..I know it sounds retarded-but when I was younger I was just so jealous that all the "adults" were getting to go from ATL to Tupica..or ATL to Columbia..or where ever..anyways..I FINALLY got to fulfill that goal and let me just tell you..it was AMAZING..This'll be a short review cuz I have to get up in a coupla hours for work..but here's a few highlights

ATL:
OK-so for whoever went to this show-was this not the most RANDOM crowd EVER? I mean-It was a ton of middle age couples..and then young girls in short dresses...I don't understand it! LOL..as to be expected-the crowd knew the singles-and that's about it..They even had the audacity to SIT DOWN during Robby songs... :beatup:..oh well..Set list was the usual..The venue was located in the weirdest place too..like-in the middle of a really nice atlanta neighborhood-on the way there I was totally confused bc you'd never know there was an ampitheatre back there..John was kind of funny..at the beginning of the show he was like "We're gunna be pissin' off some neighbors tonight!"..lol..um..other highlights..somebody-not sure who-started playing Tucked Away when they were supposed to go into Smash..I think it was Brad...During acoustic #3 I guess there was a couple making out..John messed up and blamed it on them bc "I can't sing with you two going at it like a coupla school kids...How long have you known each other? A year?! Then why don't you ask her to F**ckin' marry you?! Oh..You're already engaged? Dude-she's hot-you did good man!..Alright, well do you think you can keep your paws off of each other long enough for me to finish the song? It's not fair man! Do you KNOW how long I'VE been away from home?! I can't even jerk myself off bc I don't turn myself on anymore!"..lol..There were also tons of black balloons floating around and it was actually strangely beautiful..idk y..it just was..

Pensacola:
Of the 2..This show was probably better...1. bc it was indoors-lol..2. the crowd was much more of what I'm used to..jeans and t-shirt kinda people..lol..John seemed to talk a little more during this show-not really long talks-but just more occasional one liners..He talked about rock-n-roll BS..like how cheezy it is to say "how's everybody doin' tonight" and "Pensacola are you ready to PARTAY!?"..lol..When he intro'd BITL he said "I wrote this song for a movie" and EVERYBODY cheered-but I swear-I bet 80% of the people in that place were thinkin' he was about to place Iris..I can't really remember what all else he talked about-I'm really terrible ab this whole reviewing thing..I just thought I'd drop a few lines to let everybody know that the shows were GREAT! Pensacola marked my 10th Goo show-so that's kind of exciting..right?! lol..Hopefully they'll be plenty more to come!

On a side note-I think this is the first goo experience I've had where I didn't see a single WOGer..kind of sad-but it seems like Goo is attracting a much different kind of crowd these days-no complaints here-just an observation.
IP Logged

Me 2 Greg: Can I get your autograph?
Greg: Myne?
Me: Um Yeah!
Mike: Oh so you don't want MY autograph?!
Me: OMG YES I DO!
-8-22-03-I didn't even see him there!

nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

Re: Atl and P-Cola
« Reply #1 on: Aug 3rd, 2007, 10:46am »

Thanks for your review!

I share the desire to want to go to consecutive shows.  I technically did it at the private show/LIB, but that was like 4 days apart.  The last couple of days I've been trying to figure out if I could realistically do Detroit, then Cleveland (and Columbus?), but the stupid great lakes are screwing me.
IP Logged
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 6th, 2007, 10:02am »

Thanks for your review. Sorry it took me so long to respond.

I secretly hope to see them a couple shows in a row too. I did it once for Keith Urban. I saw him 3 nights in a row throughout Ontario....gotta love Canada. It was so much fun. I need to find a way to do it with Goo now. Dang responsibilities keep getting in my way Wink

I'm glad you had a wonderful time.
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Aug 6th, 2007, 4:54pm »

on Aug 6th, 2007, 10:02am, Shannon wrote:

I secretly hope to see them a couple shows in a row too. I did it once for Keith Urban. I saw him 3 nights in a row throughout Ontario....gotta love Canada. It was so much fun. I need to find a way to do it with Goo now. Dang responsibilities keep getting in my way Wink

Detroit, Cleveland, Columbus.  And a built in roommate and insanely cheap hotels in Columbus.  You know you want to.  Cheesy

(And we'll be senior citizens before the goos tour again)
IP Logged
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 6th, 2007, 5:09pm »

I'd love to ... but what the heck do I do with the kids? My Keith Urban weekend just happened to be when the hubby was off. It just fell into place. I've had no luck with Goo.
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

zomg
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Aug 6th, 2007, 5:15pm »

on Aug 6th, 2007, 10:02am, Shannon wrote:
....gotta love Canada.

Grin Grin  Canada rules!  Smiley
IP Logged
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Aug 6th, 2007, 6:07pm »

on Aug 6th, 2007, 5:09pm, Shannon wrote:
I'd love to ... but what the heck do I do with the kids? My Keith Urban weekend just happened to be when the hubby was off. It just fell into place. I've had no luck with Goo.

Grandma's?  Two day sleepover at a friend's?  Shut 'em in the hotel room?*

Clearly, I am not mother material.  Cheesy
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]