Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Boston Show »

The World of Goo Boards
   Off Topic Board
   Archived Concert Review and Fan Pictures Forum
(Moderators: Shannon, MFC, Adela)
   Boston Show
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Boston Show  (Read 2049 times)
Nicole
Goo God

View Profile

Boston Show
« on: Jul 23rd, 2007, 9:37am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

My friend and I arrived at the Tweeter Center a bit before the doors opened at 6. I decided at the last moment to leave my camera in the car, because it is rather big and bulky. I also did not want to risk it being confiscated.  
We wandered around outside and took a peek at the merchandise booth before heading to our seats. The seats were dead center about nine rows back from the GA pit. I saw Drew in the pit, but it was being heavily guarded and I didn't get a chance to say hi.  
Around 7 pm Colbie Caillat came on stage. I knew one of her songs which I downloaded for free on iTunes earlier in the week. I thought she had a nice voice, but I was hardly blown away by her performance. It was rather bland. After a short break Lifehouse took the stage. I have two of their albums and I was really looking forward to seeing them live. They were excellent live. They mostly played songs from their new album, Who We Are, but also played their hits. I really enjoyed their performance and thought they sounded great.
Spin
Hanging By a Moment
Whatever It Takes
Who We Are
Storm
The Joke
You and Me
First Time
Broken
I regret leaving my camera in the car. During Lifehouse's act most of the seats around us were empty and I had an excellent unobstructed view of the stage. I'm assuming those seats were from the IM presale.  

There was about a half an hour intermission and then the Goo Goo Dolls took the stage. By then all the seats around me had filled up and everyone was standing up.  
They were full of energy and it was awesome! I thought Long Way Down was a great choice to open with. There were no huge surprises in the set list. There were only a few small changes from their other shows. They played seven songs that I hadn't heard live before. I was extremely glad to hear Cuz You're Gone and All Eyes on Me. The set list was a bit short, only 18 songs. I was going to write down anything funny John said to help jog my memory when writing the review, but John was not talkative at all. In the past shows I've been to he always interacted with the crowd and talked a lot in between songs. At this show they went from song to song with quick introduction to a song here and there. The set seemed a bit rushed. John mentioned that he hurt himself during one his guitar solos, so that could have been why  he seemed a bit hurried to get off stage.  
The set list:
Long Way Down
Slide
Feel the Silence
Black Balloon
Lucky Star
January Friend
Cuz You're Gone w/ 1000 Words
Become
All Eyes on Me
Name
Before It's Too Late
Slave Girl
Stay With You
Let Love In
Better Days
Iris
Broadway
American Girl

Brad and Korel both did an excellent job with their solos during Slave Girl. John didn't sing the chorus to Iris, but that wasn't a huge surprise. Fiction was much better live and I'm really starting to like that song. I don't think American Girl was the right choice to close with. I think Naked would have been a better choice.  

I did take a picture with my phone before the show but it is horrible quality and I didn't bother to take any more. I have a few audio clips, but the only one that came out well is a 30 second clip of You and Me.

Overall, I had a great time and really enjoyed the show!
« Last Edit: Jul 23rd, 2007, 5:21pm by Nicole » IP Logged
laurengoo
Goo God

a.k.a y2goo_4ever

y2goo4ever
View Profile Email

Re: Boston Show
« Reply #1 on: Jul 23rd, 2007, 10:13am »

Glad you had a great time!
Thanks for the review Nicole!

I think I would tend to agree that ending with Naked would've been better than American Girl but whatever.

Majority of the shows the setlists around about the same, so I'm assuming that will be close to the same one at Freedom Hill.
Grin
IP Logged

made by: Hysteria
Silvertongue
Naked

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jul 23rd, 2007, 10:45am »

Wow!  I'm so glad to hear they did Slave Girl.  I saw them last summer and was hoping for it, but no such luck.

Now I just hope I can find a way to GET to the Mohegan Sun!
IP Logged
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 23rd, 2007, 1:39pm »

Thanks for the review Nicole. I love all the reviews we've had around here lately. Keep 'em coming everyone!!!!!

Glad you had a good time at the show.  

I too was really impressed with Lifehouse and am considering buying their latest album. The lead singer's voice is incredible live. My hubby really liked them.
« Last Edit: Jul 23rd, 2007, 1:39pm by Shannon » IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

djgeneral
Dizzy

GOO GOO DOLLS

adaytobeaone
View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jul 23rd, 2007, 9:59pm »

on Jul 23rd, 2007, 10:13am, Aphrodite wrote:

Majority of the shows the setlists around about the same, so I'm assuming that will be close to the same one at Freedom Hill.

my god I hope not Undecided Undecided Undecided Lips Sealed Cry
IP Logged

My first Goo Goo Dolls concert: August 26!
Freedom Hill in Michigan.
Yay!
Triest
Dizzy

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Jul 26th, 2007, 5:09pm »

the show was cut short because theres a curfew of 11 pm... minutes over that can cost thousands... areosmith played after 11 once and ended up dishing out an extra 10 grand.
IP Logged
Nicole
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Jul 26th, 2007, 5:15pm »

They ended around 10:30, playing one or two more songs wouldn't put them too close the curfew.

I wish they played Acoustic #3 and Naked.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]