Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « LEWISBURG/BUCKNELL REVIEW! »

The World of Goo Boards
   Off Topic Board
   Archived Concert Review and Fan Pictures Forum
(Moderators: Shannon, MFC, Adela)
   LEWISBURG/BUCKNELL REVIEW!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: LEWISBURG/BUCKNELL REVIEW!  (Read 1433 times)
GlitteringGoo
Goo God

glittergoldjem
View Profile WWW Email

LEWISBURG/BUCKNELL REVIEW!
« on: Mar 25th, 2007, 12:07am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Before we went to the M&G area Sec. Mike came and got us and he's such a doll I just love him. We were all kinda chill and quiet and Sec. Mike goes "You guys should really tone it down a little, don't be excited or anything." hahaha then John came walking by us and waved and said "Hey guys! I'll be back" so Sec Mike goes "Well that was the meet and greet ." hhahaha it wass so funny. So then it's time to actually meet them. I went second and Robby put his hand out and goes "hey how are you tonight?" and i'm like "good, my names Heather" and he goes "nice to meet you Heather." Then John put his hand out and said "hey how are you, nice to meet you." and I said "Oh I'm good. I have something for you though. It's a cross necklace I had made for you." and John goes "Oh wow, this is beauitul!" and I go "You're music has helped me so much in life I feel so blessed so that's why it's a cross. You have no idea how you have helped me." and John goes "This is so beauiful and amazing. Thank you so much! You're such a darlin! I will treasure this til I die."So we get our picture taken and John's still in wow of the necklace and he said "I'm going to put this on then. Wow just thank you so much. Have a good night." So I gave him another hug and then hugged Mike and it was over. It was so fast like everyone said but so amazing.  

During Augustana Mike, Korel and Brad came out and sat in folding chairs and pretended to read a book and listen to them. It was hysterical. It took a good hour or more til the Goo's came out which was a little annoying. However the show was well worth the wait. I've honestly never been to such a good Goo show. They guys were just amazing and so into each song and the crowd. It was just amazing! Someone was smoking pot and John goes "I have to ask who's smoking pot?" and someone behind was the person and John goes "Oh it's you? Isn't that illegal and shit with school?" and he laughed and he goes "I remember college back in the late 80's. I'm an old man now but it's good to see somethings don't change." Robby kicked ass playing January Friend and Tucked Away so then John goes "Now how the hell can I beat that? Robby plays the fun songs and I write the sad ones." I finally got to hear Without You Here live and it was just amazing. That is my favorite song off Let Love In and I was just floored. Become was naturally a beautiful moment as well. John really got into the story behing We'll Be Here (When You're Gone) tonight, we all knew it was about Buffalo but he really got into the story. He also mentioned how he hates how it's just billionaires that make it harder and harder for the average everyday person and he goes "And they all wear jeans! If that was me I would be wearing suits with fucking gold string and shit. But here, this song is for all us who have to work for a living." Robby was cute as ever I just love him. Then right towards the end of Give A Little Bit (which I don't hold back I totally dance and rock out to that song) John noticed me rockin out & he pointed to me and I pointed to him and he gave me the biggest smile ever.  

For you older WOGer's if you remember ProzacGoo, her and I met tonight. She's still a total doll! So that just added to the night!

I will have my pictures up hopefully before I leave for Chicago on Tuesday morning. My M&G picture is my siggy below!
« Last Edit: Mar 25th, 2007, 3:08am by GlitteringGoo » IP Logged

www.myspace.com/starontherisexoxo
www.twitter.com/glitteringgoo
www.facebook.com/BULoveIt07 (I may not come up so just PM me and we can find each other lol)
sarah713goo
Naked

View Profile

Re: LEWISBURG/BUCKNELL REVIEW!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 25th, 2007, 1:13am »

mmmmm i love love love my school! yay bucknellllll  

that was a super concert...yay for ggd...i am always just so so impressed and happy with them.  

hooray !
IP Logged
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Mar 25th, 2007, 11:27am »

I liked your meet and greet story.  Cheesy  Thank you for the prompt show recap.  Sounds like John was in a good talkative mood for the show.

(Late 80s, John?  Sounds like someone's trying to make himself seem younger.  Cheesy )
IP Logged
DWG

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 25th, 2007, 12:14pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

lol...I guess John missed the pot bust at the CT show. Maybe it wasn't "wafting" in his direction!

Good meet & greet story!  

And I remember Prozac! Met her a couple of times. Good to know she's still around and going to the shows.
IP Logged
yrtigress2
Naked

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Mar 25th, 2007, 2:51pm »

Thanks!!! There was a pot bust in CT? I missed it too.
IP Logged
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 25th, 2007, 5:09pm »

What a great meet and greet story. Do you have a picture of the necklace you made John? I'd love to see it. I love how crafty some Goo fans are. Great idea!

Thanks for the review. And I totally remember Prozac. Maybe she'll start posting again.
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

sarah713goo
Naked

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Mar 25th, 2007, 7:43pm »

rumors at school are that the reason we were held outside for so long (past 8....which is when augustana was supposed to go on) is because johnny was passed out and they had to go stick him in a cold shower?  any thoughts on this to anyone who went to the meet and greet?  did he seem like drunk or high? so weird....
IP Logged
GlitteringGoo
Goo God

glittergoldjem
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Mar 25th, 2007, 9:13pm »

on Mar 25th, 2007, 7:43pm, sarah713goo wrote:
rumors at school are that the reason we were held outside for so long (past 8....which is when augustana was supposed to go on) is because johnny was passed out and they had to go stick him in a cold shower?  any thoughts on this to anyone who went to the meet and greet?  did he seem like drunk or high? so weird....

that's 210% NOT TRUE. john was fine last night. he was super upbeat and on his game completely. and he couldn't have been any sweeter or nicer at the meet and greet. the reason you all had to wait so long ... they waited til the meet and greet was over and til the meet and greet winners got to their seats or spots and then the doors were opened.  
IP Logged

www.myspace.com/starontherisexoxo
www.twitter.com/glitteringgoo
www.facebook.com/BULoveIt07 (I may not come up so just PM me and we can find each other lol)
sarah713goo
Naked

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Mar 25th, 2007, 11:58pm »

haha that's what i thought!!  i told people i was pretty sure there was a meet and greet before hand and that's why it took so long to get in...and i really didn't think it sounded like john to do something unprofessional like that...i mean it's not still 1987 haha.  plus they/he sounded so great that there's no WAY there was intoxication involved!  haha ok yay i just wanted to get more opinions!
IP Logged
GooGooDoll4Life
Dizzy

"...I STILL can't turn away"

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Mar 26th, 2007, 12:01pm »

Great review!  Sounds like a very cool concert!  ...and an awesome M&G experience.

I remember ProzacGoo, too.  Tell her to come back to the board!   Wink
IP Logged

"What's a few mistakes between friends?!!" ~John (1/11/04)
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]