Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Indianapolis review with pics! »

The World of Goo Boards
   Off Topic Board
   Archived Concert Review and Fan Pictures Forum
(Moderators: Shannon, MFC, Adela)
   Indianapolis review with pics!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Indianapolis review with pics!  (Read 1618 times)
goober_1013
Goo God

House, MD

View Profile WWW

Indianapolis review with pics!
« on: Mar 14th, 2007, 12:36pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Indianapolis, IN  
Tuesday, March 13th, 2007

It's kinda long. . .

So. . .our day started off kinda slow.  Me, my sister Tiff and one of my best bud’s Stephanie headed out on our 3 hour journey to Indianapolis at 10 that morning.  Poor Stephanie, however, wasn’t prepared. . .she had no outfit to wear, shoes, belt, foundation, blush or nail polish so most of the morning was spent shopping, which I have absolutely no problem with.  Then she needed to get her oil changed and they said her transmission fluid needed to be changed as well so that took 45 minutes!  We actually didn’t get out on the road until 3:30 and we made it to our room about 6:30.  Just enough time to change and head back out again.

The Murat Theatre was beautiful.  Wish I had gotten some pics of it, but I really didn’t have the time. . .or so I thought.  I HAD to get me one of the Goo jackets and one for my new WOG buddy, Ashley.  I was scared there were gonna run out the medium by the time I got there, too!  But they had both sizes, wrist band and I got one of the autographed setlists. . .which I totally LURVE!

Augustana was the opening act. . .they were ok.  Of course I knew Boston and that was it.  They were really scruffy, had really long hair and wore really tight girly jeans.  Guess that’s the “in thing” for all the young bands now. . .

So now for the goo-d part. . .the Goo Goo Dolls!  Came out blaring Dizzy and were VERY talkative. . .first thing Rzeznik commented on was the weather.  I don’t know how warm it was in IN, but when we left KY it was 74 and sunny.  The weather was gorgeous all day.  He said that he got off the bus expecting it to be cold and it like “the first day of spring.”  Then he asked some people in the front if they were a couple and the guy said that they were married, he had proposed at one of their concerts in 2003. . .and he’s like, “aww. . .Are you pissed you ever heard our music now?”  He starts talking about the weather and the spring and how it’s romantic then goes back to the couple again.  He asks them if they feel like that and they say something else. . .then says how he was lucky and she was pretty and then kinda backed off and was like, “Don’t beat my ass!”  Now he says something about how couples have lists on who they can sleep with.  Like the guy is like, “I wanna sleep with Jennifer Aniston!”  and Rzeznik says his girlfriend won’t let him have a list.  “Cause I wanna f*** the red haired girl and the grocery store. . .the check out girl!  And she’s like, ‘They can’t be real people!’”  He paused a minute and said, “Ahh, f***her!”

Now that he’s gotten way off topic, he drifts back to the weather.  He compares IN to Buffalo saying, “Don’t enjoy it too much cuz winter is gonna come back and f*** you over one more time!  It’ll snow on the 4th of July!”  Now all this was said before they even played the next song which was Slide. . .

There was one thing that caught me off guard.  He said, “This next song I wrote about my hometown.”  And it was We’ll Be Here (When You’re Gone).  “The billionaire club keeps getting bigger and some people can’t even send their kids to college.”  Then he talks some politics and says, “We need to take it back, NOW.”  There was some more cursing thrown in there, but I can’t remember it all and am paraphrasing a lot. . .

Without You Here he introduced as, “our new single.”

At some point during the concert someone gave ‘em 2 boxes of girl scout cookies, Thin Mints, and had written on the bag to share.  He said, “Thanks, but they’re gonna be gone by the time I get to ‘em!”  He threw a box to Mike which he caught. . .and I noticed he has a buzz cut, very short.  It hurt my heart.  Then Rzeznik threw another box to the side of the stage and I don’t know who was going in for the catch, but he was like, “Not you, you’re Canadian, the only thing you can catch is a puck!”

No Naked and no Burnin’ Up although we did get Smash.

We waited outside by the buses hoping to get some Bus!Love, but it didn’t happen.  They tricked us all!  The driver came out, got on the bus and left.  So everyone, which was about 15 of us, went to the front where there were more buses.  I could see inside the stage door and seen Rzeznik walking around in there so I still had hope.  We waited about another 30 minutes and some girls on the other side of the parking lot started screaming.  The bus pulled back up to the same spot on the side of the building and Goo booked it onto the bus and they took off.

Got lots-o-pics, but I'm just gonna post my favs. . .got some more another camera that i haven't even looked at yet so I might have some more later. . .

. . . Grin

« Last Edit: Mar 14th, 2007, 1:32pm by goober_1013 » IP Logged

UPDATED July 10th, 2006
www.members.tripod.com/deepfriedboot

goober_1013
Goo God

House, MD

View Profile WWW

Re: Indianapolis review
« Reply #1 on: Mar 14th, 2007, 12:48pm »

some more. . .

IP Logged

UPDATED July 10th, 2006

nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Mar 14th, 2007, 1:04pm »

Ha ha.  I loved your review.  Sounds like you had a happy John.  I agree with his girlfriend though, you're not allowed to put normal people on your 'list'.

And the Canadian might have been the drum tech (Ha!  No love for the Canucks!  Cheesy )
IP Logged
laurengoo
Goo God

a.k.a y2goo_4ever

y2goo4ever
View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 14th, 2007, 2:13pm »

on Mar 14th, 2007, 1:04pm, the redo wrote:
And the Canadian might have been the drum tech (Ha!  No love for the Canucks!  Cheesy )

Poop on you. :Eva:  Tongue
IP Logged

made by: Hysteria
GooGooDoll4Life
Dizzy

"...I STILL can't turn away"

View Profile

Re: Indianapolis review with pics!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 14th, 2007, 3:52pm »

Great review!  I even got a mention - haha!   Grin

Sounds like it was an amazing concert.  And you got some good pictures.  ...not blurry at all.  So happy for you.

Thanks for sharing!  Cheesy
IP Logged

"What's a few mistakes between friends?!!" ~John (1/11/04)
DWG

Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 14th, 2007, 3:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Nice pics, Mandy!
Sorry no Bus!Love. (good phraseology there.) I know how that goes. Glad you had fun at the show.
IP Logged
goober_1013
Goo God

House, MD

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: Mar 14th, 2007, 8:26pm »

got some more pics off my other camera. . .this camera had some goos shots of Robby but all the pics of Mike, the drums are in the way. . .one day i will have a pic of that man without a big, round, gold thing in front of his face. . . Grin

IP Logged

UPDATED July 10th, 2006

Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Mar 14th, 2007, 10:19pm »

That was a GREAT review. I love when John is super talkative like that. He's so funny.

Your pictures are fantastic. I love the one with Robby running across stage...he's crystal clear but the background is blurred....very cool effect.

I agree with the girlfriend too. You can't have normal people on the list.
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Mar 14th, 2007, 10:53pm »

on Mar 14th, 2007, 8:26pm, goober_1013 wrote:

I think you've proven that Robby is the center of the galaxy and everything revolves around him...

Frigging cool picture.
IP Logged
goober_1013
Goo God

House, MD

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: Mar 15th, 2007, 7:47pm »

on Mar 14th, 2007, 10:53pm, the redo wrote:

I think you've proven that Robby is the center of the galaxy and everything revolves around him...

Frigging cool picture.

haha!

now the world knows what we've known all along, huh?

. . . Grin  
IP Logged

UPDATED July 10th, 2006

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]